No announcement yet.

Pegasus (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pegaus crew had no right to do that the glatica crew has been through much worse than that and they are still civil people when it comes down to it.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
      The Pegaus crew had no right to do that the glatica crew has been through much worse than that and they are still civil people when it comes down to it.

You cant say that, all we know is that they escaped and tracked a Cylon fleet, they could have been through worse

But I think the fleet was the main balancer that prevented the Galactica from becomming the Pegasus, since they had something to fight for, while Pegasus thought they were alone so basically said "screw it, Im taking as much Cylons down with me as I can and doing whatever the heck I want" That is why Cain doesnt even care about the fleet.

Comment

ok, for an actual analysis of this episode:

This was easily one of the most intense episodes I've seen. Even without the spoilers I knew exactly what would happen when Cain took charge; someone was bound to get transferred and there's no way the past indescretions of Apollo & Co. were going to be ingnored. I know people are upset about what Cain did but try looking at the situation from her perspective.

Apollo is a mutineer, that can't be denied. Starbuck is notoriously insubordinate, that can't be denied. Tyrol skated by the first trial by the skin of his teeth and in normal circumstances would've been tossed in the brig. Helo at least would've been stripped of his rank for fraternizing and protecting an enemy combatant.

Think about it...Adama has had Roslin and the rest of the fleet to keep him sane. Cain had nothing but her ship and her military training. They were all alone for this entire time, thinking the rest of humanity was simply destroyed. All they cared about was kicking some Cylon ass and when you have a ship full of military folk you're going to want to rely on that military training to get the job done.

Yes, she seems like quite the ***** but she has good reason. What amazed me is the fact that Adama didn't play Roslin's card; if Cain requires Adama to recognize her as a superior due to the chain of command then she would be a hypocrite to not recognize the authority of the President. The situation may not have been resolved by calling in the big political guns but it may have kept it from turning into the bloodbath that I'm afraid we're going to see in January.

Either way, amazing episode. Despite the lack of logic in not having Roslin stick her nose into the issue it still felt like this is exactly how these people would act if the situation were real. That's what I love so much about this show. With Stargate and most other scifi shows the way characters react to these amazing circumstances rarely feels real. To be honest the only time I really felt the realism in SG1 was in the season 1 finale and season 2 opener. But with this show...nearly every episode has at least half of its' scenes feeling more like being a voyer to a real life scenario rather than simply watching a tv show.

Great episode.....January? It's a damn good thing all the networks have started their shows now or I'd be annoyed not having any good tv to look forward to (how sad is that??).

Comment

is it just me, or does it also seem that Cain doesnt care about the Civilian population... she wont talk to the president... she seem not to want to re supply them, and it looks as if shes drafted all the Civilians that were on Pegasus

Comment

Great episode, pissesd we will have to wait for so long for part 2! My only question is doesn't the President have any power over the Admiral?

Comment

Originally posted by ronsmytheiii
              You cant say that, all we know is that they escaped and tracked a Cylon fleet, they could have been through worse

But I think the fleet was the main balancer that prevented the Galactica from becomming the Pegasus, since they had something to fight for, while Pegasus thought they were alone so basically said "screw it, Im taking as much Cylons down with me as I can and doing whatever the heck I want" That is why Cain doesnt even care about the fleet.
              Exactly. Adama had the survival of the human race to keep him sane. For all we know Cain was exactly like Adama if not a better CO before the attacks. Being alone in space, thinking the rest of your species has been destroyed....like I said, their military training is probably the only thing that kept that ship from breaking out into utter chaos.

Originally posted by Vyse
              Great episode, pissesd we will have to wait for so long for part 2! My only question is doesn't the President have any power over the Admiral?
              If their chain of command is anything like ours, then yes. The leader of whatever nation in question is always the ultimate commander in chief of the entire military.

Comment

Aaarrrrrg!!!!! I hate how sci fi does this! Just when the galactica rebels against the morons....'To be continued' pops up!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I hafta wait till january to see the battles...the explosions...the general rebellion....*sniffle sniffle* i dont know if my pour soul can take it.....

Comment

Ergh! Can't. Survive. Until. January! [Like a splinter in your mind...driving you mad...]

What was good:
                  a. Storyline. Even with spoilers, I didn't expect anything of this magnitude.
                  b. Effects. I think they're getting better. Wow.
                  c. Characters. Wow. Screen time for everyone. Not as much Kara or Lee as I'd've liked, but what was there was memorable and o so delicious. Tyrol and Helo were awesome. Number Six and her doppelganger were a surprise. An article in Sci-Fi Magazine hinted at another Six, but this wasn't how I expected her to be introduced. Giaus was magnificent--that last scene was the first time that I've ever felt anything but revulsion or contempt for his character. [sighs contentedly] This whole ep actually felt like an ensemble episode, not a selected troop of three or four, and that kept pacing up as we observed effects of the Pegasus on Galactica's crew.

What wasn't good:
                  a. Sorry to poke plot holes, but where exactly was the rest of the deck crew when Helo and Tyrol went barreling off to save Sharon? They could have grabbed Cally on their way down.

To summarize:
                  Lovely ep. Well, no, actually, it was disturbing as all hell--I nearly threw my drink at the TV during the attempted rape scene (there are lines that simply should not be crossed). But overall it was dark, and twisted, and I can't wait for January.

Which is, I guess, the point of a season finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                    the laws probaly give her power over the military, but with Adama they kinda respected the Adama is incharge of Military desions and she is in charge of more polical matters... but Cain does even respect the President so she would listen to her anways... i wonder if she could of just promoted Adama to Admiral (or Admiral of the Fleet, which is the top rank in the Conial Fleet) and ended this conflict before it began

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                      [snip]If their chain of command is anything like ours, then yes. The leader of whatever nation in question is always the ultimate commander in chief of the entire military.
                      Theoretically, yes. In reality, the commander in chief is the one with nastiest guns . Even if Roslin attempted to take control over the military, it's doubtful that Cain would willingly relinquish command, and there'd be nothing Roslin could do about it.

Comment

right after Baltar saw number six lying on the floor in the cell, he should have gone to Adama and the president, and claimed that Cain is a cylon and should be killed right away... which might have worked since he is "the cylon expert"

Comment

I think that Cain may have read the logs but she was reading them to hurt adama. There is something going on deeper below the surface between those two. She called him bill the only other people to do that are the xo and his wife.

also do you think the cain killed her xo?
                          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

that was easily the greatest episode yet! as soon as it was revealed what that guy was gonna try to do to sharon i turned to my friend and said, "Adama is gonna frak Cain up" i knew that no matter how it tunred out Pegasus' crew had crossed a line and Adama was gonna take her down, i cannot wait till january, Ronald D. Moore is a genius and I am his *****.

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                              I think that Cain may have read the logs but she was reading them to hurt adama. There is something going on deeper below the surface between those two. She called him bill the only other people to do that are the xo and his wife.

also do you think the cain killed her xo?
                              yes, i think that she killed her xo since he refussed to follow a crappy order, and should be exicuted for it, since she didnt give him/her a trial for disobying a direct order

Comment

Man the people on Pegasus are barbarians, makes me wish the Cylons had killed them.

Comment

Working...
                                X