X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Excuse All The Grammar Errors In The Replies Above

Comment

Originally posted by HOTDOG
      WHAT THE FRAKIN' GODS WAS COMMANDER ADAMA DOING?
      From what it looked like on TV, Pegasus has at least 4 to 5 times more vipers than Galactica, They are all Mark VIIs too! If they really engage in battle Galactica's vipers are done for! I almost screamed at the end seeing that Pegasus send out 3 times as many vipers as Galactica. AND THOSE VIPERS ARE EMERGENCY VIPERS ONLY(CAIN SAID "LAUNCH EMERGENCY VIPERS") and there are the squadron send out for do the Recon with Apollo. GALACTICA ARE OUT MATCHED BADLY!

I DIDN"T FEEL SORRY FOR PEGASUS NUMBER-SIX AT ALL
      THE CYLONS WIPED OUT 12 COLONIES LEAVING 47,000 people running for their lives. THEY MURDERED BILLIONS IN A BLINK OF AN EYE AND ALL OF YOU ARE FEELING SORRY FOR NUMBER SIX?
      I did think that it is wrong to "abuse" the CYLON babes,however I WOULD HAVE JUST SHOT HER IN THE HEAD INSTEAD.
      Although I don't agree with you about how to treat six, I was just thinking about what card Adama had up his sleeve. If he's counting on the Pegasus Vipers not to fire on their own fleet, he might be mistaken. If the Pegasus Vipers do destroy the boarding party, is Adama counting on the outrage of the civilian fleet to bring Cain to justice?
      Not likely, if the civies even question why he was going to save his men, I'm sure they'd be shocked that he was prepared to risk intra-fleet combat to save two men who were defending a cylon.

Pretty strange behaviour for the commander of a Battlestar.

I've gotta see the conclusion, though, I can only see Adama's outrage catalyzing a mutiny aboard the Pegasus. As trite as it sounds, it seems like a Cain Mutiny is the only way out for Galactica.
      (EDIT: Or, fittingly, in this show, Galactica could be saved through deus ex machina: either Boomer sending a virus or the cylons showing up with their mystery ship(any guesses as to what this is?))

It's funny, Adama seems to use a one-size-fits-all solution to his power struggles, a handful Raptors and Vipers for the Colonial One, and a handful Raptors and Vipers for the Battlestar Pegasus. I guess it doesn't help that, that's pretty much all he has on his flight deck.
      Last edited by MASON; 24 September 2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

It's an issue of humanity.

Adama CARES about his crew, which is why he's willing to go up against another battlestar to try and save them.

The treatment of the cylon prisoners is ALSO a matter of humanity: break that and how are we any different from the toasters we're fighting? And the major issue people have is the fact that Six/Gina was RAPED. Repeatedly. If she'd been shot in the head, I don't think people would have minded as much, but to be so thoroughly abused and in the worst possible ways... how is that even remotely acceptable? A prisoner is still a prisoner whether she's human, cylon, or sleestack. And while you may be all for "anything goes", Hotdog, I and apparently a few of the others tend to take issue with it. We can sympathise with her because NO ONE deserves to be treated like that, no matter what they've done and genocide is no exception.

Plus, if you want to split hairs, do we know for a fact that Six/Gina was a willing participant in the destruction of the Colonies? Or was she another sleeper agent like Sharon, with no initial awareness of her true identity?

And speaking of Sharon, does she deserve to be raped and beaten, too? Should she have a bullet put through HER head?

Something tells me you'd have fit in perfectly on the Pegasus.

EDIT: And for god's sake, can you turn off your frackin' caps lock? Please?

Comment

Awesome episode. I've been watching tons of scifi stuff over the weekend, stargate sg1, stargate atlantis, invasion, threshold, surface, and then battlestar galactica.

I must say that BSG is kicking ass!!!!!

There are many unknown variables in that episode:

1. Both Apollo and starbuck (in the new ship) are somewhere out there, or on the pegasus.
          2. Vice president is with #6 on Pegasus, who knows what they will cook up together.
          3. Nothing has been heard from the president, maybe she will do something.
          4. Maybe the fleet will react to that crisis. It be fun to see some reaction from the FLEET, not just galactica. That's the only thing missing from BSG, something else than just a couple of shots of the fleet per episode.

For those wondering about pegasus superior tactical power, then you have to remember that there are few items in galacticas arsenal that can be of use, like that virus they sent to the cylons.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTDOG
            AND THOSE VIPERS ARE EMERGENCY VIPERS ONLY(CAIN SAID "LAUNCH EMERGENCY VIPERS")
            Actaully Admiral Cain said to launch the alert vipers, just like Adama did.

Personally I feel that Commander Adama's reaction was perfectly justified. He obvisouly can't take on Pegasus in a fight, perhaps he is hoping that Cain will choose not take on Galactica seeing as how it will lead to loss on both sides and just hand over his men.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              EDIT: And for god's sake, can you turn off your frackin' caps lock? Please?
              Maybe caps lock is some kind of Cylon code...

o_O

HOTDOG, are you a Cylon?

Comment

Originally posted by appel
                Awesome episode. I've been watching tons of scifi stuff over the weekend, stargate sg1, stargate atlantis, invasion, threshold, surface, and then battlestar galactica.

I must say that BSG is kicking ass!!!!!

There are many unknown variables in that episode:

1. Both Apollo and starbuck (in the new ship) are somewhere out there, or on the pegasus.
                2. Vice president is with #6 on Pegasus, who knows what they will cook up together.
                3. Nothing has been heard from the president, maybe she will do something.
                4. Maybe the fleet will react to that crisis. It be fun to see some reaction from the FLEET, not just galactica. That's the only thing missing from BSG, something else than just a couple of shots of the fleet per episode.

For those wondering about pegasus superior tactical power, then you have to remember that there are few items in galacticas arsenal that can be of use, like that virus they sent to the cylons.

A few things:

Starbuck is in the Laura possibly already jumped to the cylon ships even and Lee is in a Raptor with the Pegasus CAG that will jump in a few minutes.

Althought it would be nice to see the fleet do something, they don't really have the power to. They have no weapons on the ships and they would not be fast enough to get between the Vipers.

I don't think Adama will revert to using the cylon shutdown virus, infact he doesn't even posses it, Sharon concocted it somehow with aid from the cylon virus. She used the virus and transformed ti and sent it back at them. With the computers erased completely I don't think she would be able to do it. Another reason the virus wouldn't be used is because it probably just wouldn't work. The Pegasus and itsVipers must be already modified not to be affected by the cylon virus that shut down the Battlestars etc... in the mini because it has fought with the cylons since them. So in my mind, if the original virus wouldn't work then the one Sharon made wouldn't either. But the most damning reason why we wont see the virus is because we just saw it and Ron Moore said about something else in a recent podcast that he doesn't like to use special things over again if they just were implemented. Besides that, it would be a cheap, and non Galactica (more Treck, SG-1, or Atlantis) way, to deal with the situation.
                Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                  Starbuck is in the Laura possibly already jumped to the cylon ships even and Lee is in a Raptor with the Pegasus CAG that will jump in a few minutes.
                  Just a little thing, I don't think the Blackbird (Laura) can jump. Although it's a different ship, it's still a fighter, like the Vipers, and even the Mk VIIs don't have FTL drives. The Blackbird is fast and stealthy, but there's nothing to say that it has any kind of FTL drive, it's even more unlikely considering that it has to make room for two engines.

Comment

T'was a very disturbing episode... but I'm not sure what's more disturbing... the content of the episode or some of the comments made on this thread...

As much as I don't trust the cylon, they are still a sentient life form and should be treated as such. The irony about the whole rape scenario is that if they did really treat the cylon as just a killing machine, they could have tortured it, put a gun to it or shoved it out the airlock... Rape is a human act of using one's sexuality to overpower another, so by raping the cylon, they are treating "it" as a "woman". It isn't about war, justice or even vengeance... it's about deluding oneself that one has power which is in fact, transcient or non-existent.
                    None of us are that naive to believe that rape never happens but since when did rape become an integral part of interrogation? Let's just call a spade, a spade.

The Pegasus is symptomatic of a larger problem when human beings are merely living to keep themselves alive. Cain has taught her crew that survival is about dominance and fear a la Lord of the Flies. She asserted authority through fear (shooting her XO in front of the entire crew) and dominance (allowing the repeated torture and rape of her prisoner). They don't really have a reason to exist except to kill the enemy. Their goal is merely to survive the enemy. It isn't hope that drives them. It's dominance over the enemy. Cain is not a leader but a strategist. Adama, on the hand, asserted authority through trust and loyalty. Adama, is a visionary... He realised early on that for the fleet to really survive, one needs hope. He was also reasonable enough to realise that just to survive wasn't enought. So he lied. But then he didn't. So what we have here are two battleships having to fend for themselves. One not tempered by having to care for others weaker then themselves becomes insular and forgets what it means to be part of a community. Hence, the crew of the Pegasus has largely been dehumanized.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon-1
                      Sci-fi is gonna air a Pegasus mini to hold us over till Jan. It will start back at the ship yard and end up with the Galactica's call from Adama Lots of action on the state of the art Battlestar.

Beep....Beep....Beep...man my alarms going off gotta wake up now
                      I have a feeling we don't want to know what those twisted sick SOB's were doing all those months.

Originally posted by MASON
                      Just a little thing, I don't think the Blackbird (Laura) can jump. Although it's a different ship, it's still a fighter, like the Vipers, and even the Mk VIIs don't have FTL drives. The Blackbird is fast and stealthy, but there's nothing to say that it has any kind of FTL drive, it's even more unlikely considering that it has to make room for two engines.
                      They took the cylon transport's FTL drive out and put it in the Blackbird. You can clearly see it make an FTL jump (short range) when Kara is infront of Lee and then jumps and he loses contact.
                      "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de
                        They took the cylon transport's FTL drive out and put it in the Blackbird. You can clearly see it make an FTL jump (short range) when Kara is infront of Lee and then jumps and he loses contact.
                        Somehow I doubt that, there was a hard burn, but no jump. As soon as Starbuck hit the gas, she powered down, so as to go off DRADIS. And I don't recollect seeing any salvage of the Heavy Raider.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                          O, I'm sorry, you're right. Then I guess it's just Lee and Apollo that will be jumping in the Raptor to gather info on the ship. Although, then having everyone in the redi room seems a little rediculous unless Pegasus was going to jump, but if it's just recon there's no reason to but it in that danger. Argh.
                          Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

I thought it was awesome, i also cant wait until next episode.
                            Although i don't feel any love loss for that thor or Lt. Thorn guy. He was just plain
                            BLEH
                            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I was calling upon the electricity gods hoping that I wouldn’t loose power to the hurricane, at least until I could see BSG. They answered the call and waited 30 minutes after BSG was over till they yanked the plug.

WOW! That was intense. Damn good episode even if it was rather disturbing, but I applaud Moore and company because they are not afraid to push the limits. That’s what I love about the show.

Interesting new music introduced in this episode. Different. Still trying to decide if it works or not.

Ugh. I hated Cain as soon as she stepped off that Raptor and addressed Galactica and said “Welcome back to the Colonial fleet.”

If I thought Adama lacked respect for Roslin in the past, Cain really has the disdain going for her. “You look like I just shot your dog.” You could see that Roslin knew that bridges she had worked to build with Adama were being washed away, the spirit of cooperation between military and civilians was fading fast since this new person was assuming command.

I’m guessing the whole situation with Tyrol and Helo went down before Adama could call on Roslin to speak to Cain about them. Not that Cain would listen, but I do think Adama would have said something to Roslin.

I guess they were trying to beat us over the head with “context matters.” Of course it matters, but even if the Pegasus has been isolated with the thought that they were possible the last humans alive, I personally still don’t condone rape in any context. Now I really don’t care about the Cylons. If I were one of the humans in the BSG universe, they could space every one of them as far as I’m concerned, but this guy seemed to get his jollies from rape, and that is what I find really disturbing - the mentality of this officer. And the fact that Cain is bound to know that this takes place is nearly as disturbing.

Wouldn’t he rather read Harry Potter to them instead. That’s what the professionals do these days…. (no that’s not a slam at the book to make that perfectly clear)

Heh. I wonder if Tigh hasn’t just pitched his tent down in the hanger bay. I swear he will drink the fleet dry. But I love the character anyway. Wonder why Cain didn’t do anything about Tigh. Maybe Tigh is her kind of XO. She may have made the comment about him, but she seems to like her officers loyal, and if anything Tigh is that.

My only nitpicks for this episode were: a)where the hell were the Galactica guards for Sharon and why did is seem people didn’t know this interrogation was taking place (not that they would have been really sympathetic, but I’d imagine they would have at least alerted someone as to what was happening with Helo and the Chief). b) how did the Raptor with Helo, etc. get off Galactica. Who cleared them? Surely people could see what was happening. Why didn’t they alert Adama who could have refused to let the Raptor off of Galactica? Yes, I know it’s more dramatic to have the face-off so it’s not a big problem, but I found it rather convenient that the Raptor could leave Galactica that easily. c) It was too damn short. I hate that this show is confined to the space of 43 minutes. I wanted more.

Three months is entirely too long to wait…..
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by madk99
                                I would like to bring up the possibility that Captive 6 may actually be Baltar's original physical 6. We know that Peg returned to a planet to conscript some useful folks. We also know that the planetside resistance knows of human-form cylon models. They may have captured one (or more) at that time. Incidently, Cheif Laird is now a prime target for "Cylon Incognito". Since a surviving Battlestar came back to draft the human remnants, the Cylons would certainly make sure one with useful skills would be available. I also think if any other Cylon is on the "Milky Battlestar" it must be Cally. It was just too Jack Ruby for me.

REgarding the episode at large --- I enjoyed it but it really did seem quite rushed. I didn't feel the new interactions and developing emotions were flesched out in sufficient detail. I'm very anxious to see the extended version.

Now, how will this be resolved??? He He He. The Cylon Attack Theory and the Civilian Intervention Gambit are both reasonable. Another possibility is the Illegal Order Argument. This could conceivably lead to a full scale Caine Mutiny(sorry but I doubt this what the writers have in mind. I think it's clear that the Cain and the Peg represents the worst of us. While Adama, Ros and the Fleet represent the balance that shows our human nature at it's complex best. There will be undoubtedly be an unanswered disappearance of the Peg.
                                WoW! what and excellent theory about Number Six. Now I'm really hyped for season three. There needs to be something like this in the story line that would cause Dr. Baltar pull an Anakin Skywalker on the human race for good this time. Remember what Adama said about choosing sides.
                                "And you ask why?"

Comment

Working...
                                X