Scattered (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leeadamaisacylon
    And as for Liebestraume, please, prove my point that people have different interpretations of what others say. Please, do it.
    I'm not sure exactly what it is that you want me to do. Prove that people have different interpretations of what others say? I won't read any sarcasm into your latest post but simply reply in earnest: anyone seeking to "prove" something cannot hide behind "difference in interpretation."

In case we crossed wire, here is the gist of our foregoing discussion: you made a very specific statement, and you cited some very specific examples in order to support that statement. While I neither affirmed nor refuted your contention (that Lee is a cylon), I stated why I thought the reasoning behind your supporting argument -- as stated in your posts here -- was flawed. If you feel any part of that rebuttal is logically unsound, please feel free to specify where and how.

Bottom line: interpretations is a subjective thing, but logic isn't (or shouldn't be).
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Yes, it would change some stuff. However, you are forgetting the obvious Cylon, Ellen Tigh. "If she's not a Cylon, we're all in big trouble." She pumps them for information like a gossip Queen, She killed, not have someone else, the guy in lockup. She appeared mysteriously out of nowhere. She was the #1 suspect of Commander Adama. The whole episode was about her being suspected as a Cylon. What's the proof she's not? Baltar's lie? "No muss, no fuss." Okay, so she's a Cylon with quite the background. She was the XO's wife, for goodness' sakes!
      I'm a little confused... in one breath you state that Ellen Tigh is an obvious candidate for being a cylon because of XYZ and in another you say that Lee is also a cyclon but for another set of reasons. So which is it? I don't know about you but as far as I can tell, there are no obvious similarities in personality traits between the two.

Now, I agree that Ellen Tigh's situation warrants a high level of suspicion but only because of the mysterious nature of her disappearance or reappearance. I don't think we can argue that Ellen Tigh is a cylon purely on the basis of her personality. We don't have to look very far to know that cylons don't have the monopoly on manipulation, deceit and connivance.

I think most of us are old enough to know that we cannot discount the possibility that Lee could be a cylon altogether. So far, I'm not very convinced by any evidence that has been produced to support the case that he is. No one is saying that he isn't... but what I'm saying is that the evidence isn't all that conclusive.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie K-Pax? (Warning, spoilers for K-Pax) The whole story is about this guy named Prot who comes to Earth and gets sent to a mental institution. The audience then sees all sorts of evidence that he is actually Robert Porter, a crazy man and a killer. There is also some evidence that he is indeed an alien, or maybe an alien in the crazy man's body. Point is, every single one of those claims is fully supported in the story. Now, I believe that he was an alien in the crazy man's body, but some others might believe otherwise. There is enough evidence for both of us to have a very long and pointless arguement, and in the end, we just have to wait for the sequel when it shows Prot on K-Pax.
        Leobon does not lie.

http://leeadamaisacylon.blogspot.com

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie K-Pax? (Warning, spoilers for K-Pax) The whole story is about this guy named Prot who comes to Earth and gets sent to a mental institution. The audience then sees all sorts of evidence that he is actually Robert Porter, a crazy man and a killer. There is also some evidence that he is indeed an alien, or maybe an alien in the crazy man's body. Point is, every single one of those claims is fully supported in the story. Now, I believe that he was an alien in the crazy man's body, but some others might believe otherwise. There is enough evidence for both of us to have a very long and pointless arguement, and in the end, we just have to wait for the sequel when it shows Prot on K-Pax.
          Wait a minute... Prot/Robert Porter wasn't a killer...

Anyway, I'm not sure about Lee being a cylon... It all depends on whether cylons are artificial at "birth"/creation or just people who were taken and replaced by cylons sometime during their lives. Because if it's the latter then background wouldn't matter at all and anyone could be a cylon. If it's the former, I don't think it'd be possible for Lee to be a cylon.

Anyone know which one it is? I don't, but I only started watching BSG recently so I might have missed something...
          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
            Wait a minute... Prot/Robert Porter wasn't a killer...

Anyway, I'm not sure about Lee being a cylon... It all depends on whether cylons are artificial at "birth"/creation or just people who were taken and replaced by cylons sometime during their lives. Because if it's the latter then background wouldn't matter at all and anyone could be a cylon. If it's the former, I don't think it'd be possible for Lee to be a cylon.

Anyone know which one it is? I don't, but I only started watching BSG recently so I might have missed something...
            Sorry...I recently re-viewed that movie after about 2 years, and kinda zoned out. My brain filled in the rest for itself. Anyway...Robert Porter was a crazyman with traumatic background.

I think that it could be both originals and clones. Nothing specific has been said, so we don't really know. It would make more sense to have both, so that more people that the cast is close to can be Cylons. Makes it a little more, "anyone could be a Cylon" than "anyone who you haven't known since childhood or whose parents you don't know could be a Cylon"
            Leobon does not lie.

Comment

Sorry...I recently re-viewed that movie after about 2 years, and kinda zoned out. My brain filled in the rest for itself. Anyway...Robert Porter was a crazyman with traumatic background.

I think that it could be both originals and clones. Nothing specific has been said, so we don't really know. It would make more sense to have both, so that more people that the cast is close to can be Cylons. Makes it a little more, "anyone could be a Cylon" than "anyone who you haven't known since childhood or whose parents you don't know could be a Cylon"
              Yeah, that does sound a little weird... I think it's more probable that they would replace people during their lifetimes, otherwise people over a certain age couldn't be cylons.

If they have been replacing people it makes you wonder what they've been doing with the originals... do they just kill them or do they store them away somewhere?
              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                Yeah, that does sound a little weird... I think it's more probable that they would replace people during their lifetimes, otherwise people over a certain age couldn't be cylons.

If they have been replacing people it makes you wonder what they've been doing with the originals... do they just kill them or do they store them away somewhere?
                Maybe they kill some, maybe they leave the originals out there with some of them...or perhaps the process kills them. Who knows?
                Leobon does not lie.

Comment

May I just say, the closing moments, the camera pushing into the wreckage of the crashed Cylon boarding-craft, then the red eyes of the Cylon centurions... Creee-pee...
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Getting away from all the cylon accusations ( ), I have one quick question:

Does anyone know what music was playing while Baltar and Six were in that big amphitheatre with the baby? Whatever it was, I'm suddenly overcome with an obsessive desire to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by jasy_ha_kuarahy
                      Getting away from all the cylon accusations ( ), I have one quick question:

Does anyone know what music was playing while Baltar and Six were in that big amphitheatre with the baby? Whatever it was, I'm suddenly overcome with an obsessive desire to find it.
                      I think you're thinking of Passacaglia by Bear McCreary.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jasy_ha_kuarahy
                          thank you!
                          anytime.

That's my favourite BSG song too, for a month after Pegasus aired, I had set it as my morning alarm clock sound.

Comment

OK...

1. Ellen might be a Cylon or she might just be a Sherry Palmer.

2. Interesting background we have on Tigh.

Overall, solid ep. Good to see BSG back!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yup, great to see it back, just a shame it took so long to get here in the uk.

I had to rewatch season 1 so I could remember what's happened
                              err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                                1. Ellen might be a Cylon or she might just be a Sherry Palmer.
                                Nice comparison. Maybe she will eventually have the same fate as Sherry as well.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X