No announcement yet.

Maelstrom (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it: I think Kara will be back in one form or another: And I cried.

He, aka, the writer, is VERY talented
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I did not know that they had Marlboro cigarettes on Caprica, Starbucks mother was smoking them. Thought it was a Earth thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        That's because unlike Stargate, BSG isn't in the habit of killing off major characters for no good reason and then sweeping them under the carpet to pretend they never existed.

BSG is all about consequences and playing the long game and you can bet your sweet bippy that Starbuck's death is going to affect the other characters and that we will, at some point in time, find out to what purpose she died.
        Sweet bippy? Do I really want to know what that is??

Hopefully, Lee will make good on his promise to Anders on the Algae Planet. Hell, I'd hand Anders the gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
          Sweet bippy? Do I really want to know what that is??
          *shakes head* Kids these days, they just have no respect for the classics.

re: the ship model... Ouch!

Comment

the effects were very good. RM even made a comment to the effect that if his 'team' doesn't get an emmy....well he's just gonna wonder what their voting criteria is
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
              WTF was this episode? The big destiny was to smack into a planet?
              No, it was to "Discover the point between life and death" (downloading) or whatever it was the Leoben Conoy Cylon said.

We know from No. 3's experience that someone she has met is one of the Final Five, and this all makes perfect sense - all the visions could have been in her subconscious telling her she's a Cylon and the fact she kept drawing the vision ties in with that same symbol being related to the Final Five. Most likely IMO. It also allows her to reappear for future episodes.

Only stickler I've got is she had a mum, but could the final 5 be different?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                the effects were very good. RM even made a comment to the effect that if his 'team' doesn't get an emmy....well he's just gonna wonder what their voting criteria is

Considering RDM just killed off the actress that had the best chance to garner an Emmy for her work on BSG, he is going to be wondering for a long time to come.

Although, it would be poetic justice if Katie DOES win an Emmy for her work on BSG.

Comment

in this case he was specifically discussing the visual effects folks

sigpic

Comment

Still, RDM killed off their best chance to win an Emmy outside of visual effects.

Comment

Considering RDM just killed off the actress that had the best chance to garner an Emmy for her work on BSG, he is going to be wondering for a long time to come.
                      I wasn't aware that RDM had murdered Katee Sackhoff, I thought he just killed Starbuck.

Your opinion is that KS is/was his best chance at getting an Emmy, but that's hardly a fact. Personally, I think if BSG wins anything, it'll be in the technical categories. If not for Maelstrom then definitely for Exodus 2. Galactica's atmosphere jump is still one of the awesomest frakkin things ever. In my opinion.

Comment

Has anyone thought about The Farm and Starbuck's ovaries? Was it ever established if they took anything from her, like an egg or something? If they did maybe the Cylons will clone her or make a new cylon model that looks like her. That last idea would totally destroy the 12 models and such but things change, they could do it.

Comment

Although, it would be poetic justice if Katie DOES win an Emmy for her work on BSG.
                          James Callis would surely be up there for his portrayl of Baltar...

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowApollo View Post
                            Has anyone thought about The Farm and Starbuck's ovaries? Was it ever established if they took anything from her, like an egg or something? If they did maybe the Cylons will clone her or make a new cylon model that looks like her. That last idea would totally destroy the 12 models and such but things change, they could do it.
                            i thought they took an ovary???

theoretically they could clone her, if not from the ovary i think they took then from any other genetic samples they'd taken

yet another way to resurrect a character

sigpic

Comment

Ah, I'm an idiot. You can't clone someone from their sex cells, they only have half of the needed chromosomes. They could make a starbuck baby, but leoben already put that out there. So yah, any cells or tissue they took from her could be used to clone her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                                The ship destruction thing gets even funnier if you listen to the podcast. Apparently, it was on loan and was museum-quality - enough so that it was heavily insured. EJO, on the day of the shoot, just got so into the moment that he destroyed it; it was not a scripted action. RDM says that the prop masters just about had heart attacks, as the ship was worth many thousands of dollars.

It was quoted on the wiki site that the ship was worth more than 100k.. OUch..

Comment

Working...
                                X