Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by huntress View Post
    I can't understand all those people who are grumbling about the episode. I guess it shows again that women and men perceive things differently, because I sure LOVED the episode! It gave insights into Bill's emotional world, showed us how his relationship with his wife was, it had some nice father and son interaction, the Viper pilots are back and the relationship between Lee and Kara was very similiar to Lee and Kara in the first season. Thank god. Absolutly squeeworth were the scenes between Bill and Laura. Oh how I loved them. I giggled and grinned throughout them. It was so subtext heavy. Beautiful- and those looks they gave each other
    : sighs happily : I also loved the scene at the end of Kally, the chief and their son. So touching. What I also loved was that the production team got their facts straight regarding exposure in space and loss of pressure.

All I wanted to say basically is that I really liked this episde and it showed that an episode can be beautiful without any action or Cylons
    I absolutly agree- I loved all the character stuff in this episode, and both of the main plots were very well executed. Certainly re-proving for the gazillionth time that BSG doesn't require space battles to be engaging.

Comment

The best part of the extra scene was Gaeta asking for a pen. Since he just tried to kill a guy with a pen a couple of episodes ago....

Comment

Originally posted by Gydyon View Post
        The best part of the extra scene was Gaeta asking for a pen. Since he just tried to kill a guy with a pen a couple of episodes ago....
        Didn't put those pieces together. Nice catch. I'll bet there is someone inside that is proud of that little beat!!!
        Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

This episode was one of the few times I've checked my watch while watching BSG.

Comment

Really? The only time I looked at the clock, I was shocked to see it was twelve minutes to the end already. I like the character-centric episodes (at least the *good* ones *glares at TABFAYW).

And if a reset-to-season one brings back the kickass Apollo and means we can say goodbye to emo, whiny, fat Leemo, I say hit the Apollo reset button. Not a Lee/Dee fan by any means, but she is SO MUCH BETTER for him than Starbuck. Then again, the way she's been half the season, an open airlock is better for anyone than Starbuck is.

Did EJO and MM not listen to the UB podcast? Ron Moore said explicitly that Adama and Roslin did not start knocking boots on New Caprica. Maybe that's not a direct quote, but we all know what he said. But EJO and MM were playing it like, even if they didn't sleep together, there was definitely some serious groping and making out sessions down there. I swear, Adama looked positively disappointed when Roslin told him she got silly that night on NC.

I liked Helo for one brief shining moment. "Hope she was worth it, buddy." And then Sharon, who's a Cylon and will not catch that rash, moved over a seat. I really wish Hotdog would have popped off with something snarky. So not cool, Eight. So not cool. Sharon and Helo drag each other down. I liked Sharon during the Tyrol rescue, but I cannot stand the Sharon/Helo one-two punch. I'd rather have my wisdom teeth out again.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Adama thinks of himself as a bad boy! CarolANNE (wth is with that, anyway? Is there just one ex-wife now??) was a projection of his own thoughts, so not only does he think of Roslin as "Laura," but he thinks of himself as a bad boy! Hahahahaha! I dunno why I find that so funny. It's those little character moments that keep me tuning in.

And this is the first time all season that I've liked Starbuck. Vintage StarPollo and it is GOOD! They can push the StarPollo reset button, too, if it gets us out of the quaddy of doom. If this is what we get between Starbuck and Apollo when they're not pining for each other, I say keep their little boy and little girl parts the f*** away from each other! For the rest of the series!

If Adama didn't get along with Daddy, why the hell did he have Daddy's law library in storage? I mean, other than pushing the Awesome!Apollo!reset button.

Comment

Carol Ann was his first wife and the mother of his two boys, Katie. I guess he never got over the divorce. It is interesting that he doesn't think at all about his second wife. I guess it was just a marriage out of convinience. I was also amused that he thinks of himself as a bad boy. Makes me wonder why :amused: Does he have some dity thoughts of what to do with a certain president of the colony ....she certainly stripped him naked with her looks at the end of the episode and when she moved in closer and pretty much encouraged him to kiss...damn it Bill why didn't you. Yes both MM and EJO played as if Laura and Bill are either ready to frak like bunnies in the very near future (maybe next week, when she comes over again...or after the camera looks away? :hopeful or already did.

I LOVE Athena and Helo. They are good for each other and they IMHO the best working couple on the Galactica. I agree BTW tough talking and hard Lee is MUCH better than that fat lazy ******* he was before and I also liked cocky Kara. I didn't like her this season at all and any re-set to old Kara (at least regarding her attitude) is better then what we have seen of her this season then again

Spoiler:

it will be short lived if the rumours are true and she will die in Maelstrom but Ron D. Moore seems to have another trick in his hat because he said more then once that it won't be a simple death and this is not the last we have seen of her. Simply that there will be ahuge change.

We will see.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Did anyone else think that maybe Cheif wanted to die in this episode and take Cally with him.
                He forgot his tools, he specifically wanted Cally to help him, was weird around the baby before going to work.
                also in season 2 he wanted to die because he thought he was a Cylon, then he kicked the crap outa Cally, and has been weird since the eye of jupiter episode.. Possibly he thinks he's a Cylon again?

Comment

crappy episode, personally I´m getting tired of this constant problems they`re having. Dont get me wrong i love Galactica and i thing its the best scifi ( or one of the best ) show ever done but recent few episodes could use more tempo and a little more action. I hope things will now change with Baltar`s trial and N°6 being on Galactica but i also hope for some good old viper vs raider and Galactica vs Baseship action.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave View Post
                    boring ep, last week was more entertaining then this one

on a positive note, Cally wasn't cringeworthy this week, that's a first one
                    I really wish they would just kill her already. She reminds me of a little kid. Especially when she's with the Chief. I really wanted him back with Sharon but now that she's all baby neck snappin crazy I don't see that happening.

Comment

For one thing this Sharon is not the Chiefs Sharon. This is Sharon Agathon. Crazy and now 100%Cylon Sharon was the lover of the chief so of course they will never get together again. Also Kally was never meant as a big role. Like Dee she was supposed to be a tiny supporting role that got bigger and bigger over time. We haven't seen that much of her really, it just feels that way because we are all waiting impatiently for the trial of Balthar to start. I am pretty sure we will see some action in the future but I don't mind a slow episode like this one. Next weeks episode though looks like a complete dud. I am not looking forward to "Dirty Hands"
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

someone said something about the A/R people flipping out:

answer:

hell yes we are!!! wooooot!!!!! *SQUEEEEE*

i thought that "a day in the life" (in retrospect) was good, not brilliant, but good! A/R levels were through the mofrakin roof!! BWAHAHAHAHA! plus, i thought that cally and tyrol kind of had a true moment in the airlock, and nicki is a cute baby!!!! i thought adama waking up in bed with carolanne was kind of weird, and carolanne was way too ellen like, even though ellen had definitly been acting better on new caprica then she was.

someone mentioned that they thought a/r had already (are you ready for this corniness) done the MONSTER MASH (AHHAHAHAHAAHAA, sorry, im giddy right now, adrenaline). they so didnt. i wish they did though, i always thought that adama seemed really sated when he was talking to lee in UFB.

i thought that the silver tricycle was cool.

oh! this isnt quite a day in the life, but did anyone else notice the viper/raptor mobile above hera's crib in the woman king? SO CUTE!

adama roslin sitting in a tree

f-r-a-k-k-i-n-g.

cally is kind of getting on my nerves, i feel like she's always sort of whining/egging the chief on/ complaining/ i dont know

yah.

A/R

i swear someones blog blew up when they had that convo, i have the whole convo off youtube on my myspace. tis cool.

rawrrawrawr!!!!

Dorka is a beautiful genius

.:A/R:.

Comment

Transcripts and image gallery for S3 Eps 15 & 16 'A Day In The Life' & ' Dirty Hands' have now been posted

suzanna
                          http://www.scifiquest.com/battlestargalactica

Comment

I quite liked this episode as it managed to restore my faith in some of the characters. I'm very fond of the Adama men so I enjoyed the scenes between those two.
                            However, it does beg the question as to why BSG is becoming a series of filler episodes...

Originally posted by Vyse View Post
                            This was a prety good episode. It was nice to finally see Apollo as CAG again, Starbuck and Helo in the briefing, this is starting to feel more like the Battlestar we know again.

How much longer can the Galactica go on being battered up like that?
                            I had that feeling too which was a plus but I couldn't help feeling that TPTB was dwadling as well.
                            Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

I thought this seemed like an old season 1 ep (with extra shipyness). We got to see more about adamas past. My only major gripe was that adamas wife seemed a little bit too much like ellen. I pictured him with more of a caring woman who just got tired of him never being there. But I did think the fact that she was an abusive drunk was an interesting idea. It kind of explains why she was never mentioned much.
                            Yeah, I picked up on that too. I did wonder if Adama and Tigh had a thing for blondes.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                              I quite liked this episode as it managed to restore my faith in some of the characters. I'm very fond of the Adama men so I enjoyed the scenes between those two.
                              However, it does beg the question as to why BSG is becoming a series of filler episodes...
                              RDM mentioned in the Salon interview(I think that was the one), that the network has been pushing for more standalone episodes to bring in new viewers.

Comment

Hmmm...

1. Bill, you made a big mistake with your wife, at best Adama-Roslin is Jack-Sam level though.

2. Airlock, never looked like the pair were going to die but it's always a case of "how".

3. Lee Adama, legal hotshot, OK.

Overall, good ep but it's been a while since I've seen a real classic.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X