No announcement yet.

A Day In the Life (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bonus scene was gaeda talking to Dee, and noting that roslyn was AGAIN comeing to see adama and that she comes over about 3 times a week and....kinda wondering what she was finding that was so important to leave colonial one on a regular basis

The A/R shippers are pretty much having a good monday
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      the bonus scene was gaeda talking to Dee, and noting that roslyn was AGAIN comeing to see adama and that she comes over about 3 times a week and....kinda wondering what she was finding that was so important to leave colonial one on a regular basis

The A/R shippers are pretty much having a good monday
      Indeed we are!
      Bill:When you think you love somebody, you love them. That’s what love is – thoughts.

This beautiful sig was made by the beautiful *E*K*R*

Comment

This was a prety good episode. It was nice to finally see Apollo as CAG again, Starbuck and Helo in the briefing, this is starting to feel more like the Battlestar we know again.

How much longer can the Galactica go on being battered up like that?

Comment

ewwwwwwwww Bill and Laura made old people sex on New Caprica!!!!

But I loved this episode - no stupid quadrangle thingy between Lee and Kara, and the return of the infamous 'Adama' music in the scnene nearer to the end when Lee recieves his grandfather's old law books - yay!! love that music....though it was slightly redubbed again.

The connection that Laura and Bill seem to have has sparked up again, nice to see really as it's only ever really shown once before lol and I liked the evil ex thing...

Lee was being an ass though when he made that speech as the CAG, although I liked the short bit after with him and Kara - nice!

I've never seen a bad episode of this fantastic show, I'll be sad when it finally ends.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

lol i think adama was projecting in one scene he was walking down the hall while in that daydream/projection. if a human was doing that theyd walk straight into a wall. hm of course one has to wonder about his wife. since according to apollo she didnt love him. but adama loved her sooo how did they get kids?

so there was nothing missing from the scene shown on tv that was put on the website?

Comment

No the scene wasn't that important, just like the rest of the episode.

Comment

Boring episode, I realise a show can't be all special effects, but couldn't they come up with a better story? Two main characters are trapped in an airlock there was 0% chance they would die.

Did anyone else think he might be one of the final 5?

Comment

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I always appreciate episodes that are devoted almost entirely to developing a character's backstory, and damn was Adama's ex-wife ever a mean *****. I find it makes characters very human to have moments like this, that no matter how awful she was, for some reason he still loved her.

The other relationships were nice in this episode too. Seeing Kara and Lee interact was almost as if that godforsaken love square had never happened, it was like it was Season 1 all over again. And it was also kind of cool to see the domestic life of Tyrol and Cally, and therein a couple that works out its domestic problems without being boring and annoying like the love square.

Lots of laughs in this episode too, which was a nice change of pace. I particularly enjoyed Tigh's comment, "we need six weeks in drydock, and that's just to hammer out the dings!"
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                    lol i think adama was projecting in one scene he was walking down the hall while in that daydream/projection. if a human was doing that theyd walk straight into a wall.
                    I doubt very much that he was projecting. To me it seems very obvious that he was just lost in thought on a day which meant a lot to him. I do it all the time. You don't have to be paying attention to where you're going to get there, particularly if it's a place that you go all the time.

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                    hm of course one has to wonder about his wife. since according to apollo she didnt love him. but adama loved her sooo how did they get kids?
                    Love is not a prerequisite for sex.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

boring ep, last week was more entertaining then this one

on a positive note, Cally wasn't cringeworthy this week, that's a first one

Comment

Heh, I always like seeing peoples' different opinions on things. For me, last week's was absolutely atrocious. I'd rather watch paint dry than see that again.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Heh, I always like seeing peoples' different opinions on things. For me, last week's was absolutely atrocious. I'd rather watch paint dry than see that again.
                          That's cause the fume from the paint caused your senses to heighten (while causing permenant damage), inducing the illusion that it's better than BSG.

Seriously though, I don't know why some people thought this episode boring. I thought it was a very nice homage to 2001.

Comment

Hey. I've actually been really surprised by the reactions to this week's episode. After last week's junky entry, I found "A Day in the Life" to be a nice return to form, with great work from Olmos and Bamber. The Cally/Tyrol relationship issues have become a bit tedious, which is surprising because I loved these characters in Seasons 1 and most of Season 2. However, I found the exploration of Adama's past to be intriguing. The episode just had a really interesting feel to it. It did move deliberately, but nicely explored personal issues between the Adamas.

I do have a few minor criticisms: They need to get to Baltar's trial. Next week's worker's strike looks hokey. We'll see.

I still love the show, even when it's not at its best.

Cheers!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
                              Hey. I've actually been really surprised by the reactions to this week's episode. After last week's junky entry, I found "A Day in the Life" to be a nice return to form, with great work from Olmos and Bamber. The Cally/Tyrol relationship issues have become a bit tedious, which is surprising because I loved these characters in Seasons 1 and most of Season 2. However, I found the exploration of Adama's past to be intriguing. The episode just had a really interesting feel to it. It did move deliberately, but nicely explored personal issues between the Adamas.

I do have a few minor criticisms: They need to get to Baltar's trial. Next week's worker's strike looks hokey. We'll see.

I still love the show, even when it's not at its best.

Cheers!

Dan
                              I totally agree. Even about needing to get to baltars trial soon.

I thought this seemed like an old season 1 ep (with extra shipyness). We got to see more about adamas past. My only major gripe was that adamas wife seemed a little bit too much like ellen. I pictured him with more of a caring woman who just got tired of him never being there. But I did think the fact that she was an abusive drunk was an interesting idea. It kind of explains why she was never mentioned much.
                              I do like the focus on Tyrol and calley this time though. It was nice to see that even they have some problems. Makes the whole thing more real.
                              The Lee/Dee/Kara/Sam thing finally seems to be resolved which is good and I even liked seeing lee and dee getting on well at the end.
                              I liked seeing a few cute moments between adama and roslin. I like those two.
                              Action wise well 49 days without cylon contact is interesting. I wonder if that mention and the battle drills set up by apollo (loved the speech by the way) means that we'll be seeing a good dogfight soon. I did enjoy seeing all the pilots together again and that moment between hotdog and helo was funny as well as the 'who can count' bit.
                              One last thing is that it was good to see them getting to the repair work on galactica. It just seems to be one of those things that never gets mentioned that should.

Anyway it was good ep. Not a great or fantastic ep but it was a good ep. Next week doesn't sound as good but we'll see. Maybe the cylons will finally attack. Failing that it would be good to see a mock dogfight between vipers. See who would win between Apollo and starbuck.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                My only major gripe was that adamas wife seemed a little bit too much like ellen.
                                You picked up on that too, eh? I actually got confused for a moment, wondering who she was and if we'd somehow segued into Ellen-Land.

Also, while I understand that alcohol is one of the most classic standbys there are and that resources within the fleet are limited, must EVERYONE have an alcohol problem? Tigh, Ellen, Starbuck, Apollo's drowned his demons, as has Chief, now Mama Adama....

I actually miss Kat and her brief addiction to uppers.

Comment

Working...
                                X