Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking A Break From All Your Worries (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant believe they are doing a craphunters marathon on sunday geezit seems like some chans want ppl to be bored allday

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii View Post
      I for one would like to know how Hera is? That would have been a better way to spend some screen time. Or How about Caprica Six? How about the Cylon reaction to Caprica Six leaving and the whole issue with Athena taking Hera back? They could have also shown how the cylons are dealing with the boxing of #3.

Less action/sci fi and more soap opera issues = falling ratings.
      I think you should produce the next episode. All of your ideas were more interesting than what we saw.

Looks like the only "known by name" Cylon left with the Cylons is Sharon/Boomer, the remaining "war hero". She's been militant enough against the Colonials after her first resurrection, I bet she's hell on wheels now.

I never figured out why D'Anna wasn't given more acclaim as a war hero before she was boxed, particularly since she was the only known "skin job" to escape detection by the Colonials until New Caprica. She provided vital information to the Cylon fleet, too. Sharon ultimately failed in all her counter-Colonial missions and ended up destroying more Cylon assets than Colonial.

Boxing D'Anna takes a big slice out of the diversity of the known seven models. It seems odd that given the "sleeper agent" mode of Cylon operations, that a lot of aberrant behavior (from the Cylon point of view) could be simply suppressed or erased short of boxing.

Since the Cylons resurrect, boxing is the nearest analog they have to human mortality (other than dying outside of the range of a Resurrection Ship, which, by the way, should be one light year or less, given that Gina didn't resurrect when she triggered the explosion seen by the Cylons that led them to New Caprica), which has always proven to be one of humanity's prime motivators. It seems to me that it would be difficult, even in an obviously controlled society like that of the Cylons, to universally enforce a boxing order. This is particularly true for the number 3 model, which we have seen as intelligent, resourceful, daring, and used to having her own way. I think it would be interesting in the future to re-introduce a Number 3 survivor who would defect to the Colonials, since they now have an enemy in common. I would trust its loyalties more than Athena's, at this point.

Hera's illness is strange. I don't see how it could be "separation" related, since Hera was away from Sharon/Helo far longer on New Caprica, with no ill effects, than she had been on the Basestar. If it were "human" contact (generally) that Hera craved I would think that Baltar's presence would have sufficed, since it seems clear now that Baltar is not a Cylon. I hope it is not still another weird cross species virus that has already been leaned on heavily, if not consistently.

I'm also curious about more details of the "semi-liquid" Cylon technology. It seems as if the other models were waiting helplessly for D'Anna to dip her hand into one of the console controls on the Basestar, as if it had been crafted to respond only to her touch alone. Curious, isn't it?

Comment

given that Gina didn't resurrect when she triggered the explosion seen by the Cylons that led them to New Caprica
        I kinda wonder about that one. Nukes give off all kinds of radiation, break communications long range, EM interference...

it might have just drowned out her signal.

I wonder what kind of transmitters the Cylon's have in their heads?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Yes! Exactly! It feels incredibly fake. I've never understood Lee/Dee and it felt like a painfully obvious attempt to keep Lee and Kara apart... which is exactly what it was. The pairing was incredibly random. It would be like having SG-1's Walter hooking up with Nirrti; it's beyond left field. There was never ANY indication that EITHER of them had any feelings for each other and when they were suddenly attracted it was done in an awkward and ham-fisted way. Other than the odd kiss most of their relationship has been them telling each other how they're in love with no actual evidence to back it up. How in hell are we supposed to believe this is real? Even the actors don't seem to have any spark between them, they're just reading lines and going through the motions. Kara/Anders is marginally better, but it's still just as artificial as Lee/Dee. I should think that both Lee and Kara are frakked up enough to be kept apart on their own terms without needing to invent excuses in the form of other partners. It's unfair to the audience to employ such a pathetic and over-used plot device and frankly it's unfair to the characters- particularly Dee and Anders- to make them go through this crud. All of the above being my opinion, of course.
          That sad thing is, that what we saw they had at the beginning of Season Two was nice- when they were conspiring to get Laura out of jail we saw that they were friends. It would have been good to see that continue rather then this.

I miss the Dee the 2.0 Dee.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing View Post
            True, but the ship was empty (or so we think based on Apollo not seeing any passengers through the windows) and was on a collision course with the fleet. So by trying to save his own ass, Baltar actually ended up doing a favour.
            He might've done them a favor, but it wasn't intentional. And the fact that the ship was empty was irrevelant to him. He would've wanted the ship destroyed even if there were innocent poeple onboard. Anything to save his own ass.

Comment

I agree with you Apollo, and he would have most likely found a way to at least get the doctor on board 'taken care of' if not everyone. I'm just noticing that through his own selfish actions, he sometimes ends up helping humanity. It's an odd relationship that he has with his people now, a greyness, a very dark grey, but he's not an outright evil character. I don't think there is one, which is why I like the show so much, for it's shades of grey.

Comment

I dunno, I think Dean Stockwell's character is pretty close to evil, he's definately less grey, a bit darker than that. Leoban is pretty dark himself. Boomer isn't looking so grey anymore, she was about to snap a baby's neck because it was crying.

You're right, everyone is a shade of grey, from Bill Adama to Stockwell's Brother Kebal (spelling), but some are certainly listening to the devil on their shoulder more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ldman View Post
                  I dunno, I think Dean Stockwell's character is pretty close to evil, he's definately less grey, a bit darker than that. Leoban is pretty dark himself. Boomer isn't looking so grey anymore, she was about to snap a baby's neck because it was crying.

You're right, everyone is a shade of grey, from Bill Adama to Stockwell's Brother Kebal (spelling), but some are certainly listening to the devil on their shoulder more than others.
                  And that is the beauty of the show isn't it There are no classic good/bad guys. Everyone is screwed up or flawed in some way, and noone always does the right thing. Take away spaceships and it's real life.
                  "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Chig View Post
                    Go to Scifi.com. You will see more than what aired. It may take a little time for the traffic to die down and for it to work correctly
                    We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip.

Comment

Originally posted by voigtstr View Post
                      We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip.

You are way too late. They take down the videos at 3am eastern, it's a gift for watching the show live.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post

I'm also curious about more details of the "semi-liquid" Cylon technology. It seems as if the other models were waiting helplessly for D'Anna to dip her hand into one of the console controls on the Basestar, as if it had been crafted to respond only to her touch alone. Curious, isn't it?
                        i was thinking that was a bit like the 2 key system on nuclear weapons except its like theres 7 keys and each of the cylon models have 1 built in to them theyll have to change it to only need 6 now

Comment

How do we know that the Boomer that was gonna snap the baby's neck wasn't part of a "plan" to get Sharon off the cylon ship? For that matter how do we know we have the "real" Sharon back at all?!

LOL, it's interesting to see how (nearlyy) everyone feels the same way about the love quadrangle - enough soulfull looks, either get together or don't!

I actually believed Roslin was gonna chuck him out the airlock! Seemed unlikely, but ya never know with this show! If the trial doesn't occur till the end of the season that's a LOT of eps to have him hanging around....

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post
                            Hera's illness is strange. I don't see how it could be "separation" related, since Hera was away from Sharon/Helo far longer on New Caprica, with no ill effects, than she had been on the Basestar. If it were "human" contact (generally) that Hera craved I would think that Baltar's presence would have sufficed, since it seems clear now that Baltar is not a Cylon.
                            It might actually be a human contact thing, Baltar's presence on board notwithstanding, because can you honestly see Baltar acting as nursemaid and walking around providing lots of human contact to a squalling child? Especially when he prefers babes to babies?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              And there were at least half a dozen commercials saying "stay tuned after the ep is over for an exclusive cut scene." And when the snippet aired, they said "Go online to see the full scene."
                              If you dvr'd/tivo'd the episode most of the extra scene got cut off. Guess it's their new way of making you watch it live and not dvr it, because the secret password thing wasn't working. I really hope that was a scene from next weeks episode, because thats not fair to those who have to dvr it due to work, etc...

Amazing episode, the shouting match between Roslin and Baltar was amazing. Had to rewind that part a couple of times because they were both shouting at the same time, and I had to hear everything. Good stuff, can;t wait for more, more, more.

Best show on TV, hands down!

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                                It might actually be a human contact thing, Baltar's presence on board notwithstanding, because can you honestly see Baltar acting as nursemaid and walking around providing lots of human contact to a squalling child? Especially when he prefers babes to babies?
                                Didn't Hera just have a gastrointestinal obstruction or something like that? She was actually healed by BSG's doctor, not Sharon's magical motherly touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X