The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
    What was up with that part with Lee at the end?
    That was Lee making sure that Kara was OK. RDM said in the podcast that they had wanted him to actually hug her and comfort her, but decided to go with what we saw instead. It's another reference to him "having her back" so to speak.

Comment

I'm betting that the "five faces" that Baltar and the BaseShip Hybrid are referring to are the large planets further away from our sun than earth-- they would be visible from a distance... They would be mars, saturn, jupiter, neptune, and (Gaeta's personal favorite ) uranus.

Notice, each planet is named after a greek/roman god. Each is large enough to be spotted before Earth, and they have already spoken of "jupiter's eye".

D*mn this show just keeps going, and doing all the things I want!

They killed KAT! Now as I saw in another post-- I'm gunning for Kat's effeminate twin Gaeta to be next written off the show.

Comment

Originally posted by KatsDead View Post
        I'm betting that the "five faces" that Baltar and the BaseShip Hybrid are referring to are the large planets further away from our sun than earth-- they would be visible from a distance... They would be mars, saturn, jupiter, neptune, and (Gaeta's personal favorite ) uranus.
        Frak! This is entirely too easy and predictable. Ok, I know what to do, I'll squash this right now. Pluto is officially a dwarf planet now, doesn't count, nyah nyah, all that's left for #5 is the asteroid belt and it ain't a Greco-Roman god. The next one in is Mars... uh...

FRAK! End of frakkin' line.
        Frak! --Apollo
        Frak you. --Cain
        FRAK Me! --Kat
        frakwit! --Tyrol
        B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

I cried at the end - twas sad....but a GOOD episode!!!!

Love the Baltar scenes...the cylon arc is deffinatly a favourite
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

A bit OT, but never mind. I don't want Gaeta to die, quite the reverse. Grace has her Chasers, Jamie has the Bamber Bunnies, I'm gunning for Gaeta, not against him. I guess I need to find a new sigline to make it clearer.

Gaeta may not be oozing testosterone from every pore like Helo and Apollo, but that doesn't make him effeminate in my eyes. Not at all.
            sigpic

Comment

Gaeta has always been "that guy" to me. I mean, you know the sort of regular wherever you go that you just can't imagine being absent? Gaeta is the Morn to Galactica's Quark's Bar, Grill, Gaming House and Holosuite Arcade (a wholly owned subsidiary of Quark Enterprises). Simply put, it just wouldn't be CIC without him.
              War... war never changes

Comment

Absolutely, and he's the best human computer programmer the fleet has, now that Baltar's with the cylons. I'd love an episode where they explore Gaeta's backstory, but unfortunately I'm unlikely to get one, unless RDM suddenly decides to give him a bigger role on the show. Michael Trucco's name has been moved to the beginning credits, and RDM said in one of his podcasts that Anders will have an episode where his story's explored a bit more in detail in the second half of the season.
                sigpic

Comment

Was anyone else bugged by the show's representation of the star cluster? It was portrayed as a turbulent, radioactive cloud, which is just silly. Star clusters and globular clusters (a more densely packed star cluster) are merely groups of stars held in close proximity to each other by their mutual gravity. "Close" being relative when we're talking about space; the distances between the stars is still immense...certainly nothing spaceships would have trouble navigating through.

I think the writers had in mind a nebula type of body, but perhaps feared they had overused them—nebulae having made an appearance in the series pilot and the Lion's Head nebula seen this season—so they yanked out an astronomy text book and plucked a star cluster out of it.

Normally these sorts of oversights in scientific accuracy don't bother me, so long as they're within reason, but the astronomy geek in me couldn't help but cringe at this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashing Young Man View Post
                    Was anyone else bugged by the show's representation of the star cluster? It was portrayed as a turbulent, radioactive cloud, which is just silly. Star clusters and globular clusters (a more densely packed star cluster) are merely groups of stars held in close proximity to each other by their mutual gravity.
                    Yeah that made the astronomer in me growl at that one two. But not as much as you have because I used to go as "Smashing" online about 14 years ago and you've now made me feel insanely old.

Here, have a whap with my cane! Whipper snapper!
                    Frak! --Apollo
                    Frak you. --Cain
                    FRAK Me! --Kat
                    frakwit! --Tyrol
                    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Was anyone else bugged by the show's representation of the star cluster? It was portrayed as a turbulent, radioactive cloud, which is just silly. Star clusters and globular clusters (a more densely packed star cluster) are merely groups of stars held in close proximity to each other by their mutual gravity. "Close" being relative when we're talking about space; the distances between the stars is still immense...certainly nothing spaceships would have trouble navigating through.
                      I was baffled by it but chalked it up to my lack of knowledge of astronomy and figured there was something really obvious to explain it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaMarie88 View Post
                        That was Lee making sure that Kara was OK. RDM said in the podcast that they had wanted him to actually hug her and comfort her, but decided to go with what we saw instead. It's another reference to him "having her back" so to speak.

Ok. Thanks.

Comment

The paper shortage scene was good, but overall (*puts on his flame suit), I felt this was the worst episode of BSG to date...and I don't say this lightly. I've been proclaiming to people that this season of BSG has been one of my favorite seasons of any television show. Something about the show just seemed really off. It also didn't help that this episode was Kat-centric (the only character I might hate more is Starbuck)...and maybe that's why. I also thought Scar was one of the worst eps of BSG.
                          Originally posted by Scyld
                          The primary difference is that the old version is made of suck, while the new version is made of win.

Comment

I found all that star cluster thing a bit annoying, and didn't really buy the reason why Kara reamed into Kat so bad for ancient history. She could've told her off for losing a ship in the first outing, or better yet, leave that to their SO. However, I did like to see a slightly more rational Starbuck, she was absolutely horrid in Unfinished Business. Although to be fair, Lee didn't actually emerge smelling of roses from that one either.

However, for me even a less-than-stellar BSG episode is better than most other shows on TV.
                            sigpic

Comment

What caught me off guard was how Kat didn't bother saying to Starbuck that the Cylons DEFINITELY got in through the military, while there's only suspicion that they got in via drug runners. It would've shut Kara up... or started a fight. Either would've worked for me.
                              War... war never changes

Comment

I think the writers had in mind a nebula type of body, but perhaps feared they had overused them—nebulae having made an appearance in the series pilot and the Lion's Head nebula seen this season—so they yanked out an astronomy text book and plucked a star cluster out of it.

Normally these sorts of oversights in scientific accuracy don't bother me, so long as they're within reason, but the astronomy geek in me couldn't help but cringe at this one.
                                Actually, it's spot on, if you are talking about a *young* star cluster (such as one that's still forming, complete with massive gas cloud). Remember how star clusters form: A gas cloud get disturbed, some of the gas collapses into stars, and eventually the star's radiation pushes the remaining non-star gas away.

Some of the more recent infra-red observations of some gas clouds in the sky have revealed new stars that aren't normally visible because of all the dust.

Given that they have someone from NASA consulting for them on spacecraft navigation (RDM's podcast talks about how much help they got in the details for this episodes), I'm not surprised that they might have gotten this one right. However, most people don't know about this little detail about star clusters, the only star clusters most of us are aware of are older clusters that have little/no gas/dust around.

The problem is, an older cluster wouldn't be a threat to the fleet due to radiation, since the stars are far enough apart to allow for huge gaps to send the fleet in. The only kind of star cluster that has stars close enough to be an issue is a young star cluster, and that would have gas/dust around it, just like in the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X