No announcement yet.

The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with some posters who say Kat was not like a daughter to him. All of the people under the Admiral’s command, he has a bond with collectively. Kat and the rest of the troops affectionately refer to Adama as the “Old Man” because they respect him. Adama is Kat’s commanding officer, leader, mentor and teacher. I say teacher because the Admiral is always teaching the troops little things through the examples of HIS leadership.
    Kat was there for the Admiral (Lee was stuffing himself with tasty cakes; Kara was being tormented by Leoben’s twisted mind games) when no one else was. Kat did what the Admiral directed her to do. Adama would not have promoted her to Captain and made her CAG if he didn’t think she could do the job. She trained the Viper pilots and helped Adama plan the New Caprica rescue mission. She stepped up and performed for him. Now, it’s the Admiral’s turn to be there for her during her time of need. The Admiral telling Kat his wife always wanted a daughter, but not getting one, was Adama’s way of telling Kat that he wasn’t disappointed because he didn’t get one. The key moment for me was when Kat tried to tell the Admiral her secret, he stopped her and said:
    “I don’t need to know anything other than what I know. When you were CAG, you protected your people. You made them safe enough to be brave. What you were going to say doesn’t change that!”
    Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 09 December 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Zeus showed up in closed captioning, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
        Would someone help me out here?

I'be just been watching THE PASSAGE now, and saw the scene with Zena () and Baltar talking next to the Cylon Hybrid.

Why the sudden switch to using the name "Jupiter" in place of "Zeus" when talking about Hera's consort?

"Jupiter" was the Roman version of the Greek god Zeus, but Hera was the Greek version of his wife. The Roman version of her was "Juno".

Who wrote this script? And why the sudden switch to "Jupiter"? So far they've only used the name "Zeus"!

Also, what did they mean by "their gods" and "our gods"? Was Zena talking about the humans when she said "their"? If so, then who was the "our" or "us"? Gods? The Cylons only have one. (Or did she say "our GOD" and I misunderstood?)
        I noticed that, too. I figured that someone got nervous about Lucy Lawless (formerly Xena) talking about Zeus, considering Xena's run ins with him. I'm not sure what the "same gods" comment meant since the Cylons worship only the One. It was interesting because, on this show, comments like these usually mean something later. Maybe, it was Lucy Lawless who changed Zeus to Jupiter.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I really don't like Starbuck, I hope they kill her next. She acts all righteous and mighty, what a hypocrite.

Comment

lol Anyone else see Baltar becoming President of the Cylons??? I mean with Caprica Six totally head-over heels in love with him, and Da'ana well on her way there. (wink, wink)

Anyways it seemed sad to let Kat die, I didn't know that Adama even knew of her but as it turns out he did. He did mention in a season two ep after he returns to the control room after recovering from being shot, he said that he cares about all of his crew.

Overall, another amazing episode of Battlestar Galactica.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

yah, another great episode. sad to see kat go though, wonder who will be next. I'm guessing it's Anders?

Comment

Some randomness 1st...

Didn't they lose 3 ships? I thought they lost 2 in the first jump and they lost another one on the fourth.

Kat's badge was black after the 4th jump. She stole Helo's badge so she could jump again. I was wondering why they did that panning shot on the hanger deck, when Kat was standing there checking out her fellow pilots. Now I get it. She was looking to see who was healthiest so she could steal their badge.

The sex scene wasn't about Kat trying to get a clean badge from the guy (what would a refugee, even a former drug runner, be doing with a hidden stash of radiation badges?!) it was about getting off one last time before she fried herself. Seriously folks, if you knew you were about to kill yourself via one of the most painful and debilatating ways possible, wouldn't you want to bask in a little afterglow first?

OK, on to my main point.

I agree with a lot of the sentiment around here, TPTB are leaving a lot of stuff on the cutting room floor. It started with the out of leftfield Dee/Lee affair and has carried through to this season. It would have been nice to have seen a little bit of the affection Adama showed Kat at her death bed in earlier episodes. Had she become something of a surrogate daughter to the Admiral? Kara has a throw away line in her confrontation scene with Kat that implies the Admiral has defended Kat in an arguement with Kara. It would have been nice to have had Lee and Kara share a moment, just a beat, as an acknowledgement to last weeks episode. Instead they try to tack one on in the last 5 seconds of the show.

Moore needs to streamline this show and the best way to do that is to get rid of the Cylon storyline. I get the feeling that they're trying to cram an hour and a half story into an hour episode. That's got to stop, because it's the details that make for such great story telling and right now they're being left behind to make room for plot points.

Comment

Does anyone have a screenshot of the pilot board? I was just curious because I thought I saw that Helo was in Starbuck's Squad? With Tigh back in CIC Is he a pilot now or what? Do we know for sure he is a viper pilot?

Anybody catch the other names in the different squads and how many pilots?

Some interesting questions to be answered

Comment

Originally posted by bedgraynex View Post
                    Does anyone have a screenshot of the pilot board? I was just curious because I thought I saw that Helo was in Starbuck's Squad? With Tigh back in CIC Is he a pilot now or what? Do we know for sure he is a viper pilot?

Anybody catch the other names in the different squads and how many pilots?

Some interesting questions to be answered
                    Yea, Helo is flying again, probably cause Tigh is back. But he isnt a viper pilot, he's a Raptor pilot, just like Hotdog wasn't a Raptor pilot and thats why he screwed up and lost his ship.

And one thing not mentioned much in here was the stunning visuals. I thought the whole flying through the star cluster was beautiful, absolutely gorgeous.
                    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Sad...the scene at the end with Adama and Kat...made me sad.

good episode though.
                      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I actually thought that was the worst episode of the season. The storyline was really good, but there were zero clues leading upto the episode to even remotely hint that this could happen, which is why i feel really let down. A few hints here and there, a few names, a few warm embraces by Adama etc. But nothing, it was so completely random, and i despise random.

Starbuck continued to be an absolute *****. No aftermath from last weeks episode, it was as if that didn't happen. I think this goes down as one of my hated episodes, when infact it should have been near the top. Such a shame Kat had to go down like this, she deserved more from Ron.

Thank the gods for the Cylon scenes, they were the only things keeping me from wanting to turn the tv off.

Comment

I liked Kat a helluva lot more than Starbuck. I couldn't stand Starbuck get on her high horse with Kat. Like WTF, Starbuck has free reign to judge everyone now?!? I'd say Kat had more than made up for it even before her heroics in this episode. I don't know, the whole thing with Kat's history prior to the Cylon invasion becoming an issue didn't really seem to fit.

Hated the episode, can we stop with Starbuck being in the middle of everything, really annoying as hell. Only redeeming part of this episode was Kat's heroics. Let's see more of Apollo MINUS Starback. I'll take any episode minus Starbuck at this point. Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn View Post
                            I didn’t particularly like Kat at first. I thought she was cocky, arrogant and self-serving. As time went on, I became quite fond of the character. During the New Caprica fiasco, Kat had to grow up fast. She became the CAG (Lee was wolfing down tasty cakes) and led the Battlestar Galactica Strike Force for Adama’s rescue mission. I was saddened that she was killed off. If they wanted to kill someone off, why not Hotdog? I love Kara, but I think Kara of ALL people is a two-faced hypocrite for trying to pass judgment on her. Kara giving Kat sleeping pills to finish the job? Typical Starbuck. Remember how she tried to make Gaeta beg for his life? Starbuck has a vicious mean streak which seems to kick in when she thinks someone close to her has let her down. I am going to miss Kat’s spunky attitude and her smile. At least Kat went out like a warrior saving the fleet. It was good to see Col.Tigh back as XO, and to see Adama and Tigh enjoying a laugh for a change during a private moment.
                            By chance, you aren't from an area around Philadelphia, are you?

Comment

Ahh, why did they kill off Kat, she is buff-a-la-ding-dong!!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I thought Starbuck and Kat were gonna kiss, I was ready for it, hahahahahahaha, I will kill you!
                                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                                X