The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    They didn't kill off Kat after all. Boy is Starbuck going to get a surprise when she finds out who the new CAG is! That's how I read it anyway, I don't think they'd make an honorary CAG out of Kat for even a day, if she was really dead. I guess we'll find out in the next ep.
    Kat's dead. She said she wasn't getting out of there alive.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

this was a good one. i really like the cylon scenes and the adama scenes this week.
      i really want baltar to return to the galactica. am i a lone here?

check my full ep review at:

http://goldteethblog.blogspot.com

Comment

I loved the ep. Thanks to a certain poster (thanks again!), though, Kat's death didn't strike me as a surprise. As I saw it, she stole Helo's rad badge when she saw that her own was black. If anyone had turned out the lights, she would've glowed enough to be dropped from the next mission in a heartbeat. The backstory seemed too rushed and contrived, but if the writers are smart they won't let it die with her. Who knows, though...

Glad to see the Cylon arc make a return. Anyone else loving the music they play during those sequences? The Hybrid just did something I doubt ANYONE saw coming, even the Cylons. She not only made sense, but she referred to Baltar as "intelligence." What does this mean for him as a potential one of the Final Five?

The other Cylons have to know that D'Anna is intentionally dying. They're there to help her when she resurrects, after all. Caprica-Six even said that the others are asking questions. I noticed that she sounded frantic when describing the Five to Baltar. She's frustrated that she can't remember their faces, even though she knows she sees them. I recall reading somewhere that she's becoming addicted to dying. After seeing The Passage, I'd agree.

And all of the complaints about Kara seemed to be based on the idea that she ought to be good. If you look at her as a (pardon the expression) hardcore ***** with some serious vulnerabilities, it starts to make sense. I, at least, don't watch her character and get disappointed when she deviates from some ideal image. I recognize how the character's been written and look for how her actions fit into that framework. Some of you appear to be looking at her and getting upset when she doesn't fit your mold. Basically, you ask "What's Thrace doing?" while I say "Yep, that's Starbuck alright."

I liked the episode, and I, too, am highly interested in seeing updated population figures. I'm surprised Roslin didn't make any mention of the losses of at least 2 ships. Actually, I'm kind of disappointed that she didn't make any appearances beyond the initial panic about the food. Oh well...
        Last edited by Ojos; 10 December 2006, 05:42 PM.
        War... war never changes

Comment

What was up with that part with Lee at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Ojos View Post
            I liked the episode, and I, too, am highly interested in seeing updated population figures. I'm surprised Roslin didn't make any mention of the losses of at least 2 ships. Actually, I'm kind of disappointed that she didn't make any appearances beyond the initial panic about the food. Oh well...
            They did say the ships would be commanded by skeleton crews, with the rest being brought over to the Galactica. I believe they lost 3 ships in total, so probably not more than a dozen (maybe 2 dozen) people would have been on the ships.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
              They did say the ships would be commanded by skeleton crews, with the rest being brought over to the Galactica. I believe they lost 3 ships in total, so probably not more than a dozen (maybe 2 dozen) people would have been on the ships.
              I must've missed that part. That explains why they packed civilians into where Camp Oil-slick used to be. I'm kind of disappointed that they were smart about doing things that way, then. It really upped the stakes when Kat and Hot Dog were looking for the missing ships. I wouldn't have been on the edge of my seat during those scenes had I realized that they were risking only a few dozen, rather than thousands.

Still, at least the writers and characters are using their heads!
              War... war never changes

Comment

btw what is Apollo's rank ? I know he was commander at some point but I've kinda lost track :/
                is he still commander ?

Comment

He was bumped back to Major at some point. I think it was around Torn or AMoS.
                  War... war never changes

Comment

Glad to see the Cylon arc make a return. Anyone else loving the music they play during those sequences?
                    *raises hand* I do

its very mood fitting and the piano music is just down right creepy (in a good way)

Comment

Anyone noticed Apollo walking up to Kara in the very last scene? I half expected another scene between the two of them but it rather just blacked out for the credits

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn View Post
                        Baltar is still a pimp! Three-ways with Six and Three? When does Gauis get any rest?
                        So do we call that a "nine-way" or an "18" ??
                        Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Am I the only one who thought it was cruel of Kara to give Kat the sleeping pills... but not give her a glass of water?
                          Just what I was thinking!! If Starbuck really wanted to be cool, she would have brought Kat the "Topgun Stein" to wash it down.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          They didn't kill off Kat after all. Boy is Starbuck going to get a surprise when she finds out who the new CAG is! That's how I read it anyway, I don't think they'd make an honorary CAG out of Kat for even a day, if she was really dead. I guess we'll find out in the next ep.
                          Dude. She's toast! She was deep fried to a crackly crunch out in the starfield. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll serve her up. Yeah, probably the crew wouldn't dine on 'blackened Kat' but they could slice her up for the civvies. Maybe make up a hero sandwich. Seems a waste otherwise.

Originally posted by donniepw View Post
                          One thing I like most about this show is nothing goes unaddressed for long. They've dealt with water shortages, fuel shortages, mining material to build more ships, abortions, black markets in the fleet and now a food shortage. It was questioned once how do they address all the damage Galactica took in Exodus Pt II. Give the writers on this show time and even the issue of ship repairs will be addressed.
                          No doubt! The Galactica is a mess. I'll bet you couldn't swing a dead Kat without hitting something in need of repair.
                          Last edited by madk99; 10 December 2006, 10:37 PM. Reason: revise and extend remarks
                          Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Well, if Kat's really dead, she's probably too radioactive to eat anyway...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ojos View Post
                              He was bumped back to Major at some point. I think it was around Torn or AMoS.
                              Was Lee's title Commander because he commanded a Battlestar (like a ship captain in the navy can be any rank but still called captain) and still ranked Major or was he Commander in his own right. A lot of people seem to have been promoted and then demoted with no complaint.

Comment

Yes! I just joined, just to agree with you. Kat was annoying!

Comment

Working...
                                X