No announcement yet.

The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught the Greek-to-Roman switch with Jupiter as well. Who the heck wrote that? I'm sure the use of Jupiter was intentional because it was also a planet reference. There isn't a planet Zeus.

RDM, what gives?

On the other issue:

FRAK Me! I am PISSED.

Kat's in my sig and she's staying there. Mutter, mumble, grrrr.
    Frak! --Apollo
    Frak you. --Cain
    FRAK Me! --Kat
    frakwit! --Tyrol
    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace View Post
      I'm sure the use of Jupiter was intentional because it was also a planet reference. There isn't a planet Zeus.
      Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I'll be annoyed if they go that route.

Comment

They tried to do too much in this episode: make us like Kat, give us backstory for Kat and a deeper relationship to a much-loved character, so that we would feel more when they killed her off. It felt false to me; I would have rather seen Kat die in the context of an episode that wasn't mostly about her. I think I would have felt for her in that case.

I did like the interaction among many of the other characters, and the lack of overt interaction between some. I'm glad we did not get to see any fallout from Unfinished Business yet, because that will come in due time. Kara and Lee's relationship doesn't require long scenes together to be portrayed, it is just organic to the story.

Dee is in Dee-nial, though.

The Baltar/Cylon stuff seemed like setup for the future conflicts between them and the Galacticans. I am intrigued by the five mysterious Cylons and their role in the mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I'll be annoyed if they go that route.
          Seems pretty clear to me that they are. The "eye of Jupiter" is no doubt the Great Red Spot.
          Frak! --Apollo
          Frak you. --Cain
          FRAK Me! --Kat
          frakwit! --Tyrol

Comment

Originally posted by Furlings187 View Post
            was kat already dying before she went on her last mission and saved the ship?
            If you'll notice before she gets in the raptor to leave again the radiation meter is already half black, meaning her body was emiting radiation.

So i'd say that she was already dying from exposure

Comment

So if Irradiated Kat slept with Former Partner-in-Crime, does that mean he's now irradiated, too?

Amusing thought, but it probably doesn't work like that.

As for the Eye of Jupiter... I think I'll go be sick somewhere. Stupid, imbecilic idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                So if Irradiated Kat slept with Former Partner-in-Crime, does that mean he's now irradiated, too?

Amusing thought, but it probably doesn't work like that.
                True. But if I get drunk enough one day I might add "Irradiate This" to my sig and attribute it to Kat.
                Frak! --Apollo
                Frak you. --Cain
                FRAK Me! --Kat
                frakwit! --Tyrol

Comment

Heh, I know many a TWoP poster was hoping Enzo would die from radioactive!sex. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Kat and the other pilots were subjected to cell and tissue damage from an external radioactive source, the star cluster. Irradiation does not make something radioactive (this is why irradiated beef is safe), therefore Kat could not make anyone else sick from radiation.

I'm not really sure why it was called the Eye of Jupiter; I don't know if the intent was to make the viewer think of the planet or if it was some Zeus/Jupiter mixup. (anyone have podcast insider info?) It's the title for next week's ep, and I cannot imagine that the fleet has reached our solar system that quickly in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                    If you'll notice before she gets in the raptor to leave again the radiation meter is already half black, meaning her body was emiting radiation.

So i'd say that she was already dying from exposure
                    Hers was black. She switched hers with Helo's, which was only spotty-black, but already spotty-black. I didn't notice if it visibly changed between the time she took it and got on the Raptor.

They said that you should stop flying when it gets black, implying that the risk of dying once it's black is low but increases if you keep getting exposed. I think as soon as she decided to fly again, she knew she was putting herself to death, and so she had one last joyride before she went out.

That she got to be a hero on her final mission was...convenient, but it was going to be the last she flew regardless.

Comment

Like sum1 said, maybe there are russian spy's
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I hated to see Kat go but at least she went out a hero. She was one of my favorite background characters. Unlike alot of people on her I really enjoyed her character. Kat helped plan and execute the whole Exodus rescue mission so she already proven herself to be a hero. Somehow I got the feeling about midway through the episode this would lead to some sort of reconcilliation between her and Starbuck. Which it did in it's own way. I got the sleeping pill gesture and the posting of the picture. That was Starbucks way of being gracious. I still don't like Starbuck but at least it was in character.

Loved seeing Tigh back in the CIC. Loved how Adama smiled when he saw Tigh at the hatch and then played it as his usual cool stoic self when he actually came on board. The moment when they laughed over the paper shortage was great as well. They really are great friends.

So there is some sort of connection between the Cylon God and the colonials gods. I think in some of the deleted scene from season one it was already hinted at that. Great to see they haven't forgotten that. One of the things I hate most in a show is when the writers forget potlines they themselves wrote or mention something and never come back to it like we the viewer can't remember anything beyond last weeks episode cough*smallville*cough.

One thing I like most about this show is nothing goes unaddressed for long. They've dealt with water shortages, fuel shortages, mining material to build more ships, abortions, black markets in the fleet and now a food shortage. It was questioned once how do they address all the damage Galactica took in Exodus Pt II. Give the writers on this show time and even the issue of ship repairs will be addressed.
                        Teal'c "I killed you"
                        Daniel "Why?"
                        Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                        Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn View Post
                          I love Kara, but I think Kara of ALL people is a two-faced hypocrite for trying to pass judgment on her. Kara giving Kat sleeping pills to finish the job? Typical Starbuck.
                          The sleeping pills were the best thing for Kat, no way she could survive and she is going to get worse. I think it took a lot for Starbuck to go there when she was proved wrong about her character.

Comment

Originally posted by Huginn View Post
                            Hers was black. She switched hers with Helo's, which was only spotty-black, but already spotty-black. I didn't notice if it visibly changed between the time she took it and got on the Raptor.

They said that you should stop flying when it gets black, implying that the risk of dying once it's black is low but increases if you keep getting exposed. I think as soon as she decided to fly again, she knew she was putting herself to death, and so she had one last joyride before she went out.

That she got to be a hero on her final mission was...convenient, but it was going to be the last she flew regardless.
                            I think you will find that Black is the maximum safe dose, anything more could be fatal.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought it was cruel of Kara to give Kat the sleeping pills... but not give her a glass of water?

Comment

They didn't kill off Kat after all. Boy is Starbuck going to get a surprise when she finds out who the new CAG is! That's how I read it anyway, I don't think they'd make an honorary CAG out of Kat for even a day, if she was really dead. I guess we'll find out in the next ep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X