No announcement yet.

Collaborators (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in hind sight im sure he would rather he didnt note the voting tampering, because if nothing else he would have saved nearly the 7,000 or so lives lost between the nuke on cloud nine and the lives lost on new caprica to the cylons.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
      well with the rigged voting he was only doing the right thing. and id ont see why he would feel ****ty now wouldntt he feel liberated now that everyone knows he is the one who saved their butts?
      "Everyone" doesn't know that. The Circle knows it, I doubt they're walking around announcing to the world that they were the circle. The point of Zarek's actions were to do this in secret, so that people just "disappeared". Advertising the court or it's members would just let the "convicted" become martyrs.

I'm pretty sure what happened was that Gaeta told Adama as soon as he got away and that's what lead to the scene with Roslin and Zarek. You'll note that Roslin doesn't mention the Circle at all in her public speech, and Gaeta is still sitting alone at the end when Tyrol goes to sit down.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
        lol one has to wonder if baltar knew what gaeta was doing? so now gaeta's conscience is good since baltar told him that he didnt sin and called hima idealist. and then the circle finding out the things he did and stopped him from being killed
        i've wondered that. if gaeta was baltar's 'hand' doing what baltar couldn't do. or if baltar just didn't suspect and turned a blind eye and didn't exactly go looking for the leak in his office

he didn't exactly give gaeta permission to do what he did, but he just kinda doesn't mind that it's happening and ignores it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          Since when does telling the truth equate with "begging" ? If Gaeta wanted to die, or didn't care about living (for some obscure reason) that would explain his behavior

but assuming he wanted to live, why the heck didn't he pipe up ?

That he chose not to "beg" for his life was one thing - question of honor - but wouldn't that be all the more a reason for him to speak up, even berate them (that's the opposite of "begging" -) about how wrong they were & telling them about the dog bowl ? not doing so would have meant dying with his former comrades (wrongfully) thinking of him as a traitor - not a very honorable death is it ?

As for the lack of investigation...they did give him a chance, not to beg but to explain himself - and like the chief said this was a secret signal only known to him, so Gaeta's very mentioning of it would have been enough to prove him true
          And even had the chief been absent from the circle, Tigh as the leader knew they had an informant & knew it was the chief who recovered the secret info - he'd surely have postponed the execution pending further inquiry, and found out that Gaeta was indeed telling the truth
          Tigh is hardly the sanest person on the ship at the moment and had made his mind up already - we saw this in CIC. And he didn't know the details of the drop as he only received the information from tyrol.

I firmly believe that he would have thrown Gaeta out the airlock even if he knew he wasn't guilty. Most of the people on the Circle had made their mind up. Connor wanted Vengence. Kara was looking for anyone to pay for what was done for her - she even said so to Anders.

Gaeta knew this and wasnt going to beg. The circle weren't really in the business of listening - they were pretty much given the folders with the evidence in to make a decision and no evidence from those on trial - they were grabbed, bagged and taken to the place of execution and given a brief moment to explain themselves. I doubt their testimony would have made one bit of difference.

The evidence that they did have came from the highest office at the time. Zarek, as acting president, had pretty much already signed their death warrents.

He could very well have berated them, but it wouldn't have made any difference. The chief, when under pressure, pretty much went with what the group voted for. He was never comfortable with the idea of executing people. And yes, i do believe that had he not been there that Gaeta would have been spaced. There was not one sympathetic face in the circle. They had all been wronged in some way and were looking for payback, even if these guys hadn't personally dont anything to them.

But hey, i'm getting pretty tired of speculating. Gaeta did what he did for his own reasons, that we may or may not ever know. And there will be a path that follows this.
          Kara and Tigh are a bit frakked up at this moment and it's going to take time to get over.

'All of this has happened before
          And all of this will happen again
          So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by Othere View Post
            Tigh is hardly the sanest person on the ship at the moment and had made his mind up already - we saw this in CIC. And he didn't know the details of the drop as he only received the information from tyrol.

I firmly believe that he would have thrown Gaeta out the airlock even if he knew he wasn't guilty. Most of the people on the Circle had made their mind up. Connor wanted Vengence. Kara was looking for anyone to pay for what was done for her - she even said so to Anders.

Gaeta knew this and wasnt going to beg. The circle weren't really in the business of listening - they were pretty much given the folders with the evidence in to make a decision and no evidence from those on trial - they were grabbed, bagged and taken to the place of execution and given a brief moment to explain themselves. I doubt their testimony would have made one bit of difference.

The evidence that they did have came from the highest office at the time. Zarek, as acting president, had pretty much already signed their death warrents.

He could very well have berated them, but it wouldn't have made any difference. The chief, when under pressure, pretty much went with what the group voted for. He was never comfortable with the idea of executing people. And yes, i do believe that had he not been there that Gaeta would have been spaced. There was not one sympathetic face in the circle. They had all been wronged in some way and were looking for payback, even if these guys hadn't personally dont anything to them.

But hey, i'm getting pretty tired of speculating. Gaeta did what he did for his own reasons, that we may or may not ever know. And there will be a path that follows this.
            Kara and Tigh are a bit frakked up at this moment and it's going to take time to get over.
            bah - they were willing to listen to him, Gallen Kara even Saul...perhaps the only one who really wanted to take him out no matter what was the Connor guy (the one who lost his son - he's really ****ed up under that skull of his, remember even Tigh berated him for that kinda attitude)
            That Gaeta didn't wanna beg is one thing, but not wanting to set the record straight is another - such an important revelation as him being the secret informant who saved the insurgency surely wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the others had he come out with it (meaning: Tigh would have checked it out) and I doubt anyone would want their comrades to think of them as traitors, even posthumously
            The only semblance of explanation for Gaeta not disclosing this would be a combo of different emotional factors, what Trek chick said - about Gaeta having more or less lost his will to live after the occupation & exodus - seems reasonable enough

Comment

Since when does telling the truth equate with "begging" ? If Gaeta wanted to die, or didn't care about living (for some obscure reason) that would explain his behavior

but assuming he wanted to live, why the heck didn't he pipe up ?

That he chose not to "beg" for his life was one thing - question of honor - but wouldn't that be all the more a reason for him to speak up, even berate them (that's the opposite of "begging" -) about how wrong they were & telling them about the dog bowl ? not doing so would have meant dying with his former comrades (wrongfully) thinking of him as a traitor - not a very honorable death is it ?
              My assumption is that Gaeta probably didn't know who was recieving his drops, any more than Tyrol knew who was dropping the info. He had no idea how much information about the exchange anyone in the circle knew. Clearly Kara had no idea about it. He already told her, she didn't believe it, why would anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by CaraRose
                My assumption is that Gaeta probably didn't know who was recieving his drops, any more than Tyrol knew who was dropping the info. He had no idea how much information about the exchange anyone in the circle knew. Clearly Kara had no idea about it. He already told her, she didn't believe it, why would anyone else?
                bleh, Tigh knew about the secret info & he was the ring leader (in the Insurgency and in the Circle)

btw Gaeta told Kara & she believed enough about it to tell him to repeat it to the others, remember ?

Comment

bleh, Tigh knew about the secret info & he was the ring leader (in the Insurgency and in the Circle)

btw Gaeta told Kara & she believed enough about it to tell him to repeat it to the others, remember ?
                  Actually, she didn't believe him, she was mocking him. She definitely felt him guilty, or did you not get that part? That was why she was so dissapointed when Tyrol realized that he was, indeed (Gaeta), telling the truth.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by CaraRose View Post
                    Well.....Kara was the worst person he could possibley have told.....Gaeta should have known that telling her wouldn't make a bit of difference, I think he knows her well enough to have a pretty good idea of how frakked up she'd be..... Kara probably didn't even think an extra second about what Gaeta said.....

Even Colonal Tigh would have mulled over that if he had been the one sitting at that table with Gaeta.

And I do think that once Gaeta's innocence was established, Colonal Tigh did feel bad. I don't think he was quite at the point where he would have executed Gaeta if he had mentioned the dog bowl to him earlier- Tigh would at least have shared it with the group. Kara just kept quiet.

Comment

i think kara's so screwed up and ticked off that she'll pretty much kill anyone she even thinks collaborated

she lived with the futility of leobahn and not being able to kill him and has to take that anger and frustration out somewhere. where better than the 'guilty'?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Even if Gaeta had told them, they wouldn't have believed him, except for Tyrol who was actually recieving the information. At that point the circle didn't care about explantions, they didn't care about anything except getting vengence. Gaeta knew this, he was going to go out like a man, having made the determination that no matter what he said, it wouldn't have stopped them from executing him. And that is what is wrong with the secret justice, it is almost never true justice.

Kara, I don't think she was looking to kill all the collaborators, she was looking for some one to hurt to lessen her own emotional pain. You could see it in her face when he started to kick Gaeta, she needed him to beg for his life so she could feel better, it was like Gaeta was all the Cylons rolled into one.

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound22 View Post
                          More than likely immediately freeze to death or explode.
                          Decompression does not make you explode. The most 'explody' type thing that can happen is your lungs can rupture if you try to hold your breath. He probably died of asphixiation.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Actually, she didn't believe him, she was mocking him.
                            That was the word I was looking for but couldn't think of. Thank you.

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                            Kara, I don't think she was looking to kill all the collaborators, she was looking for some one to hurt to lessen her own emotional pain. You could see it in her face when he started to kick Gaeta, she needed him to beg for his life so she could feel better, it was like Gaeta was all the Cylons rolled into one.
                            I agree.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I gotta ask, with all the avid viewers we seem to have in this forum....am I the only one that noticed that Jammer has died three times now.
                              Once in the explosion at the graduation that was meant to kill Baltar.
                              Once when he was suppose to be guarding Hera...
                              And now that he's been thrown out of the airlock.

Is it me or did they just say....hey, we're sort one guy, just lay there and no one will notice.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                                Actually, she didn't believe him, she was mocking him. She definitely felt him guilty, or did you not get that part? That was why she was so dissapointed when Tyrol realized that he was, indeed (Gaeta), telling the truth.
                                yeah I got that part (that was in the commissary)
                                and "mocking" ? lol (that's mocking btw)...she didn't exactly come across as being in a "mocking" mood
                                not that she really believed him later on but she had enough doubt to ask him about it, at least just for the sake of hearing him explaining himself to the rest
                                She was also very angry at his remarkably impassive countenance (compared to Jammer for example)
                                in the end she was not disappointed she was surprised like everyone else

like I said kara was kinda irrelevant anyway - the one man he'd have needed to convince was Tigh

Connor was ready to kill just about anyone for the sake of it, almost regardless of guilt - maybe Kara too as some seem to think, though I'm not convinced
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 31 October 2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X