Occupation/Precipice (301-302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chig
    Any body think those trucks they had the doomed insurgents in looked like something out of a world war II movie, definately not what I would expect the Cylons to drive around in? Kind of had a Holocost feel.
    It was a scene taken right from The Great Escape starring Charles Bronson and Steve McQueen.
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chig
      Any body think those trucks they had the doomed insurgents in looked like something out of a world war II movie, definately not what I would expect the Cylons to drive around in? Kind of had a Holocost feel.
      Yes, as did the music and how Sol looked. It was intentional.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by titans
        It was a scene taken right from The Great Escape starring Charles Bronson and Steve McQueen.
        you're totally right.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
          lol apparently thats not goning to last too much longer the fatty tubness is supposedly only supposed to last until the 4th episode
          Man They must have one hell of a Weight Watchers franchise on Peggy.
          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_Tigh
            you're totally right.
            You have the greatest name ever! I SALUTE YOU!!

Comment

Man They must have one hell of a Weight Watchers franchise on Peggy.
              lol i read that the fat suit is only staying until the 4th episode or so from Telvesion Without Pity's BSG Character discussion board

Comment

Originally posted by Mav87
                I disagree with all of you when it comes to Baltar.

He did the right thing by signing that paper, because, if he didn't sign it, the Cylons would have just killed him, and replaced him with someone that would sign it. Therefore, his death would be in vain. Gaius could very well be the most troubled person in the series. Think about it. He is tormented by the image of a woman he once loved, that didn't turn out to be a woman at all. He is not the best candidate for President, because he is so conflicted. But he does try to do what is best for humanity.

Gauis' predicaments are the product of his own devices. It sure is grande to watch. I expect his storyline will be the one to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  ...Critism

Mr. Moore, you needed an editor.... but the Starbuck storyline did not belong in this episode. It was misplaced and threw off the pacing of the entire episode. Maybe it could have been an episode to itself... but personally I think it's a bad storyline badly executed.

And speaking of pacing. I love Galactica. I love EJO. The Galactica storylines didn't belong in this episode either. This should have been about New Caprica. It would have been much better paced and the editing wouldn't have been shot to hell.
                  I disagree. Yes, the changes were jarring. It made the trapped feeling of the people not in the fight all the more real.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

lol apparently thats not goning to last too much longer the fatty tubness is supposedly only supposed to last until the 4th episode

Isn't that when Kara come back into his life?

Comment

lol i read that the fat suit is only staying until the 4th episode or so from Telvesion Without Pity's BSG Character discussion board
                      Doc Coddle must do Lipo in between abortions and sucking on Marlboro's!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        The show is getting too real for me. I've never liked the political element of BSG, but I could always tolerate it. Until now. This is supposed to be escapist entertainment, not some damn political soapbox. Keep it subtle or keep it off the show, I say.
                        Whoever said BSG was supposed to be escapist entertainment? As long as I've been watching the show, it's been pretty blunt and obvious about politics, for better or worse. So long as it equally presents both sides of an issue and doesn't get preachy, I'm cool with it. If I want to be comfortable when I watch TV, I wouldn't watch BSG to begin with; I'd be watching some crap on NBC, CBS, FOX or ABC.

Comment

not to mention some issues.... BUT where did the steaks, and more importantly the cigarettes come from?!?! Thank the gods they still have smokes!

Comment

See how they get you subliminally into the drama!!! Sneaky frakkers!
                            Thanks. At first I thought it was just a budget thing. Now I know they are subliminally controlling my psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_Tigh
                              not to mention some issues.... BUT where did the steaks, and more importantly the cigarettes come from?!?! Thank the gods they still have smokes!
                              again let me state how awesome your nickname is!

Comment

1) Suicide bombing. It's hardly a new target and hardly limited to the kind of conflict we are facing today. It is classically the tactic of a people with nothing else to lose. There are cases of it in the Jewish uprising of the Warsaw Ghetto. It's always been something that makes me feel quezy. Human life is sacred. Killing is a sin. Killing innocents is a sin. Killing yourself is a sin. But were the people who died in suicide bombings inside police graduations or cylon prisons really innocent? They talked about innocents dying, but they didn't show them. Perhaps there is only so much even BSG is willing to go. As with real life though, i have trouble justifying the response of powerful countries with tanks and attack helicopters when faced with 16 year old girls who are willing to strap bombs to their chests.
                                Except when insurgent leaders start sending those teenage girls to blow up other teenage girls in night clubs and on buses.

I remember a little anecdote. Some Palestinian insurgents had strapped explosives to a ten year old girl and put her in front of Israeli troops. The soldiers were unwilling to fire on the little, even though she kept approaching. They used her to corral the soldiers to a point near a building that they brought down on their heads with explosives. Not meant to make some grand point, but it is food for thought.

2) The new caprica police are idiots. Not for the reasons that the chief said, but because they have to know that any job that requires you to wear a mask to go to work isn't likely one you will ever be proud of. Now what this says about Iraqi police now.... I'm not really sure. I'm an American. I don't believe in the war but I believe that many of them want to help their people. So if I don't hate them, or don't think they are idiots... should I be as judgemental of the New Caprica Police?
                                Whether one approves of the war or not, I think there a bit of a difference between these fictional NCP and the Iraqi police serving a government that is made up a represenatives they voted in, based on a constitution they drafted and voted on, and enforcing laws that they are now passing themselves.

3) Force brings a bright future of peace. I think I feel very sorry for Caprica Six and Boomer... they mean well, but really were they ever going to succeed in building a peace based on the force of arms. I've been trying to think of a no-Iraq analogy for this all night, and the best I can come up with is Spanish colonial missionaries. They believed that they were coming to the Americas to Christianize and bring civilization, to help people. Now the implications of if the people needed civilization aside--I'm not about to defend colonialism--good and honest people did exist... but they came in boats full of conquesdors and men looking for their fortunes. Those good and honest and rightious men lead to death and destruction of those people they wanted to save. Boomer has the sweetest intent... and the most blood on her hands in the end of this I think.
                                I believe it was Cardinal Newman who said something to the effect of, "It is entirely futile to make people believe by force." That is a very loose paraphrase, but the point is that there is nothing wrong with sharing one's faith and hoping people recieve it, but to try and convert by force is always wrong. So, what ever their intent was, they are committing evil acts now and they are paying the natural consequences for it.
                                Last edited by david3565; 06 October 2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X