No announcement yet.

Occupation/Precipice (301-302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG continues to be the best show on TV. I swear NBC needs to grow a set and put this on prime time, once poeple get past the sci-fi stigma, they'll see just how good a drama this show is. The acting is top notch, the show should be up for emmy's galore!!!

Such a rich two episodes.
    Just a comment on the legeths the directors went to, to make the occupation seem real, loved hearing the sound of passing raiders overhead in the background.

Love the angle of the insurgency or at least the political overtones of it. Not sure I agree that suicide bombing was the best strategy but does show the lengths people are willing to go to for their freedom.

Have to hand it to Ellen Tigh, she does what she thinks is best for Saul, regardless of who else it fracks. I'm wondering when the occupation is over, will the loyalists shave the heads of women collaborators, like the french did after the nazi occupation was over? It will be interesting to see how collaborators will be treated by the colonials, will add a good aspect to the show. What about Gaeta? Will the colonials have trials or just summary executions?

Starbuck was awesome, when she killed Leoben and then just sat down to eat dinner like nothing had happened, I thought maybe she had lost her mind or at least losing it. But I do believe she has some to the Stockholm syndome since she is starting to bond with Leoben. Not sure I like the whole Kasey angle, I think the Starbuck of the first season probably would have killed Kasey outright as just another toaster.

Ladies, be honest, how many of you are going to be crying yourselves to sleep tonight over the fat Lee? I still can't believe after 4 months, the fleet hasn't pressed more people into service to get both ships up to full combat ready, instead of both still being at half crew. Nice to Adama not running and wanting to fight but damn did they really wimpify Lee, hope he gets his edge back.

Will be interesting to see how Sharon reacts, is she trust worthy? I was hoping that she would pop out to some metal toaster and take them over.

Baltar is as self serving as ever but he has become my favorite character. I'm really anticpating seeing his story unfold.

I thought it was good seeing some of the Cylon point of view and how they view themselves as humanitys protectors and saviors? Hope to see more of that in future episodes.

Anyway, episodes were 10/10. I only wish I got these shows in high def! Looking forward to the rest of the season, the 5 month more wait to start the season is worth it in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna
      As much as I love Lee...I have to agree with you, Titians!
      Well...now you got a whole lot more Lee to love...a WHOLE lot!
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Dear Ron Moore:

My faith in you seven months ago has now been justified. Welcome back, Galactica! We have missed you!

Comment

Going into 03x01 I was concerned it was going to be like Scattered. In all of the BSG episodes, I think Scattered is near the bottom. A crisis solved by a total techno-babble solution. The rumors over the summer mentioned how 03x01 was going in a different direction, but that didn't calm me.

After watching the 2 hr premire, all I can say is that I'm blown away. I have the same sense of "what is going to happen next" as I did with the miniseries.

I'm blown away how a show that I thought I knew inside-out is leaving my questions.

Okay, I'm done rambling.

Oh yeah, anyone else noticed Michael Rymer is a producer now?

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

Does anyone else think that Gaeta is the inside guy helping the insurgents? He doesn't seem like much of a collaberator to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                Does anyone else think that Gaeta is the inside guy helping the insurgents? He doesn't seem like much of a collaberator to me.
                He is...that was shown to be the case.
                Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                  Ladies, be honest, how many of you are going to be crying yourselves to sleep tonight over the fat Lee?
                  I never liked Lee, so seeing him fat and piggy actually amuses me to no end.

I'm all about the Helo love.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                    He is...that was shown to be the case.

Okay i wasn't sure. I must have missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      I never liked Lee, so seeing him fat actually amuses me to no end.

I'm all about the Helo love.

Helo=a real man!

Lee= a real fat ass!!

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                        Okay i wasn't sure. I must have missed that part.
                        Yea before the 1st suicide bomber blew himself up Gaeta tried to warn the resistance.

Comment

I think the whole duality with the current situation is SO interesting; exploring it from a totally radical point of view. Point the cylons (aka Muslim world) in the overtly powerful role of occupier. It made me think a lot tonight when I was sitting here pulling for Duck to blow the place up. makes one thing a whole bunch about where they sit in regards to a point of view. Current reality aside, if nothing else I've thought in a differnent light tonight - not that my take on current politics has changed. holy war is always wrong, as is terrorism; let's remind ourselves of the fact that humans don't get reborn in a tub of goo. (especially those poor folks that are just trying to get a cup of coffee in the morning before work).

It's just TV; thankfully provacative and much better than the dull crap out there.

In respect to the show I think Starbuck has a long road ahead. My wife cringed when she wiped her bloody hand on the carpet, sat down, and ate some steak. I said, "that's so hot".

Dunno what to say about the end; I'm sure something happened differently; I don't roslin IS a cylon, but who knows with the transplant of cylon fetal tissue last season? What might that lead to?

Baltar remains a weak soul; a real man would've plastered his brains on the wall before he signed that paper.....

'till next week..

Comment

The show made me very uncomfortable. Almost no one was left with their ethics or self-respect intact. Everyone was forced to cross the line.

It's interesting that we have both of Gallactica's Sharons on the planet now.Will the Sharons be the Cylon's downfall? Will Baltar's Six be back?

The ending, the three cliffhangers were great. I was glad to see Richard Hatch back at the end.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Please tell me that all that stuff on Lee is makeup.

Please tell me that Tigh isn't going to go "arrrrr" after a tweaky-accent "thank theya gads."

Please tell me AGAIN that all that stuff on Lee is makeup. Holy frak!

When Leoben said "damned insurgents" I thought he said "damn surgeons." Hey, you never know with this show.
                              Frak! --Apollo
                              Frak you. --Cain
                              FRAK Me! --Kat
                              frakwit! --Tyrol
                              B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

The show is getting too real for me. I've never liked the political element of BSG, but I could always tolerate it. Until now. This is supposed to be escapist entertainment, not some damn political soapbox. Keep it subtle or keep it off the show, I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X