Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Someone mentioned a problem with giving the cylons the base star I think. But early in season 4 it was made clear by one of the lady cylons that she had removed their inhibitors that prevented them from having free will, and I think because of that they were able to take the ship and leave at the end and make their own lives.

At least that solves it for me, and I didn't feel that bad that they did that becasue they did earn their freedom.
    That's what happened precisely.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Actually on that howcome the older ancient cylon robots could talk and the new ones can't
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Actually on that howcome the older ancient cylon robots could talk and the new ones can't
        Perhaps they can, but they just haven't had anything worth saying.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          Perhaps they can, but they just haven't had anything worth saying.
          They'd probably be complaining too much about being slaves....... hence the inhibitors cut their vocal circuits off too hehe.

Also how did Dr. Cottle make the giant leap that the natives were compatible for breeding..... They wwere so primitive it would be like making love to a monkey.

Comment

Me and a friend just watched, her for the first time, me for the third, and both came to the same conclusion: hate the religious & moralising (machines are bad) crap but were pretty happy with the character stuff, except that Laura died and Adama didn't fly into the side of a mountain with her! lol

Going after Hera but telling people not to volunteer based on emotion was ridiculous - why else would they volunteer? The action was great but without a decent reason for it it became kind of pointless - let's face it, putting thousands of lives on the line for a single child is just foolishness...

Sorry, but I just hate religion and the idea of fate. The miracle was me not completely losing patience and writing off the series because of it. Thank the gods for Laura Roslin, the only reason I kept watching...
            sigpic
            "Science flies you to the moon.
            Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

They'd probably be complaining too much about being slaves....... hence the inhibitors cut their vocal circuits off too hehe.

Also how did Dr. Cottle make the giant leap that the natives were compatible for breeding..... They wwere so primitive it would be like making love to a monkey.
              If you listen closely he comments that they bury their dead and he analyzed some of the remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post
                Me and a friend just watched, her for the first time, me for the third, and both came to the same conclusion: hate the religious & moralising (machines are bad) crap but were pretty happy with the character stuff, except that Laura died and Adama didn't fly into the side of a mountain with her! lol

Going after Hera but telling people not to volunteer based on emotion was ridiculous - why else would they volunteer? The action was great but without a decent reason for it it became kind of pointless - let's face it, putting thousands of lives on the line for a single child is just foolishness...

Sorry, but I just hate religion and the idea of fate. The miracle was me not completely losing patience and writing off the series because of it. Thank the gods for Laura Roslin, the only reason I kept watching...
                So obviously you hate Lost.

Comment

No, I think that they'd be complaining about not having a decent hot oil bath.

Comment

monkey sex is HOT
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      monkey sex is HOT
                      Don't ask me why, but I've had the phrase "Mad, crazy monkey sex" in my head for a few weeks. I keep wanting to post it as my Facebook status.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                        So obviously you hate Lost.
                        I do? I haven't watched the last couple of seasons yet - are they going all godly with it? Tell me now and I won't bother tuning in again. I thought Lost was quite scifi with the time travel and stuff... Dammit, religion ruins everything!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post
                          I do? I haven't watched the last couple of seasons yet - are they going all godly with it? Tell me now and I won't bother tuning in again. I thought Lost was quite scifi with the time travel and stuff... Dammit, religion ruins everything!
                          Its not about religion but about good and evil.

Comment

Good and evil isn't so bad. I love Startrek and that's all about exploring human morality and stuff I just find it really hard to take when people take the position that we have no control over our own lives because of fate or that we're not intelligent enough to figure out what's right and wrong for ourselves without reference to an outdated book of morality tales. Believe me, I have much more to say on the subject but I'll spare you. I know not everyone has caught up with atheism - yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

In light of this episode this is interesting

So maybe those BSG people did get busy with the natives

http://io9.com/5532992/its-official-...yline=true&s=i

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225863446398

Comment

Finished the series on Sunday. I've been thinking about it ever since. It truly was a masterpiece of television. There were a few plot choices that I didn't like, but in the overall view of things, I was just fine with them. The fourth season had it's momentum at the start, then slowed up until "The Oath" and began it's rise into frakking excellence that I came to expect from the series.

When I came to "Daybreak" I wasn't sure what to expect. The flashbacks were cool. But the build up to the rescue mission was intense. And it didn't disappoint. That final space battle was the best one in the entire series. Seeing humans and Cylons fight together as one force was awesome! Baltar coming to a full circle was also great.

Tory getting her comeuppance was soooo worth it. And Chief's flashback to Cally was the moment he needed. To me, it was him realizing she was the right one from the start, and that made me all happy inside.

Then came Earth. At first I didn't like that direction. But it made the series have a much bigger level of importance with the "This has all happened before, and will happen again" motif. Jesus Baltar took on a whole new meaning! And as I thought about it today, I really loved the ending.

My top five favorite characters:
                                1. Cally
                                2. Gaius Baltar
                                3. Starbuck
                                4. Lee Adama
                                5. Chief

Honorable mentions to Tigh and Romo.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Working...
                                X