Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    i still love the ending and i wasnt that dissappointed with the ended like with sg1...
    I don't think that SG-1 could have had an ending like that simply because the nature of the shows were quite different. Unless half way through the series the goa'uld did attack Earth and the poor little Earthlings had to evacuate through the Stargate. Of course, that would have been par for the course for RDM. It would have made the series certainly interesting. I'm thinking something like a cataclysm that doesn't immediately destroy the Earth but rather sets up the destruction within a month or so. A good number of people evacuate, but not everyone is saved before access to the Stargate is destroyed and the survivors are left wondering if anyone is left. Naturally, it'd have to happen before the Asgaard came on the scene so as to prevent the survivors from using a ship to get back to Earth. Sorta like you take BS:G and SG-1 and put it in a DNA blender.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
      I think that I must have seen a few fan-produced episodes because as I seem to recall the whole Human-Cylon - 'Can't we all get along' - storyline was pervasive throughout the last season.
      You recall fairly correctly, but it really only changed the entire tone of the show in the last half of the final season, and not for the better through my eyes.
      Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
        You recall fairly correctly, but it really only changed the entire tone of the show in the last half of the final season, and not for the better through my eyes.
        I would suggest that the tone is consistent with the very beginning with the idea that we must eventually face our sins harking back to Adam's speech in the miniseries.

You know, when we attacked the Colonies, we did it because we believed it was God's will. But we never answered the question "Why?" Why are they worth of destruction and not us? We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. We decided to play God, destroy life. You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.

A bit edited, but note that the later portion in emphasis applies equally to Human and Cylon.

Comment

I have to say that as much as I loved the show I also hated it. All the God nonsense and his divine plan ect ect...god old and annoying. The ending was really poor for the fact that. They all go off to supposedly mingle with what was our Neanderthal ancestors was just to much a cliche'.

The new and old Cylon Centurians fly off with all the technology also was flawed, they were designed and programmed to serve and take orders, had no free will. In other words they would be lost to just let them roam around without any purpose, which was taking orders.

Also not sure if I missed it or not but what of the other 10 colonies then, shouldn't they still be out there also?

I did however love all the really bad ass CG fighting scenes in the ending. the older Centurians didn't have weapons mounted in their hands and had the old bulky weapons from the old BSG series, kinda cool.

If you fail to remember who you are and where you came from you are doomed to make the same mistakes over again. Would have been better in all reality to continue building a new city like on New Caprica and not doing what they did before with creating artificle intelligence and thus Cylons.

Overall just wasn't thrilled with how they rapped it up and tied god and our history into one package.

Comment

Originally posted by tanneth View Post
            I have to say that as much as I loved the show I also hated it. All the God nonsense and his divine plan ect ect...god old and annoying. The ending was really poor for the fact that. They all go off to supposedly mingle with what was our Neanderthal ancestors was just to much a cliche'.

The new and old Cylon Centurians fly off with all the technology also was flawed, they were designed and programmed to serve and take orders, had no free will. In other words they would be lost to just let them roam around without any purpose, which was taking orders.

Also not sure if I missed it or not but what of the other 10 colonies then, shouldn't they still be out there also?

I did however love all the really bad ass CG fighting scenes in the ending. the older Centurians didn't have weapons mounted in their hands and had the old bulky weapons from the old BSG series, kinda cool.

If you fail to remember who you are and where you came from you are doomed to make the same mistakes over again. Would have been better in all reality to continue building a new city like on New Caprica and not doing what they did before with creating artificle intelligence and thus Cylons.

Overall just wasn't thrilled with how they rapped it up and tied god and our history into one package.
            errr you kinda missed it yeah.........they were all nuked in the pilot when the cylons attacked........
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

There are more people who practice religion and believe in God than don't and by that I mean Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc.

If they didn't have free will, how then did the first Cylon war start? Also, if you watched the series you'll see that in the episode 'Six of One'.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_of_...star_Galactica)

Furthermore, don't get me started on 'technology' look a bit further up in this thread and you'll see that 'technology' isn't neccessarily laser guns, FTL drives and computers.

They were all wiped out. Did you actually watch the series?

It isn't necessary to have a city to remember your past. Furthermore, the point was to shed themselves of that which had ruined themselves and return to much simpler way of live.

Whether or want to acknowledge it or not, the presence of religion in our history is pervasive. I think you should turn off your computer and study your world history.

Comment

I could be wrong, but from what I perceived, the Neanderthals are a different strain, separate from modern humans. I figured that the humans that we all became were descendants from the Battlestar colonials and cylons, and the neanderthals shown in the last episode died off, hence the genetic discrepancy between neanderthals and homosapiens.
                Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                  I could be wrong, but from what I perceived, the Neanderthals are a different strain, separate from modern humans. I figured that the humans that we all became were descendants from the Battlestar colonials and cylons, and the neanderthals shown in the last episode died off, hence the genetic discrepancy between neanderthals and homosapiens.
                  There's nothing definitive to say that that was or was not the case. Cottle noted that their DNA and that of the colonials was compatible. For that matter, there's nothing saying that the creatures that they found were in fact Neanderthals.

Comment

Actually there was no mention of what really happened to the other colonies other than Kobal, Earth 1 and Caprica so there were still 10 so called other colonies out there.

Yes the ending was stupid period. The writers to so many liberties with the evelution time span it's not even funny.

I won't even go into why and what and how.

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                    Giving up their technology makes sense. Their technology has lead time and time again to a cycle of violence. 3000 years ago on Kobol, 2000 years ago on Earth, 4 years ago on the colonies. Here was a planet, which they named Earth, that had humans that naturally evolved. They had a chance to start over, to end the cycle of violence with the combination of the species.

As far as returning the the colonies, where would you rather live? I nice clean planet or a burnt out irradiated planet? The colonies were destroyed and they found a new home.

Comment

Actually there was no mention of what really happened to the other colonies other than Kobal, Earth 1 and Caprica so there were still 10 so called other colonies out there.
                      In the mini series and Razor they mention (in Adama's "we are at war speech" and in the closing memorial scene) that all the colonies were destroyed at the same time in the same original Cylon attack, but I guess just for the benefit of continuity, they focused the script and scenes around Caprica.

Also, while I'm thinking BSG, was it ever confirmed or not as to whether Starbuck was the BSG world equivalent of Jesus? i.e. resurrected by God to lead (his) her followers etc. etc. you know the old "Road to Damascus" thing.....?

If it was it should have been explained better, and maybe a scene should have been put in with Apollo writing some scripts in a cave and burring them of something, would have made a better ending than the "now you see me now you don't" one they choose.

Comment

Yes the ending was stupid period. The writers to so many liberties with the evelution time span it's not even funny.

I won't even go into why and what and how.
                        Go back and watch the original miniseries. If I'm not mistaken, there's a scene where Adama calls out a list of everything that's been bombed along with military assets that have been wiped. I know that there was a specific mention that Picon Fleet Headquarters was destroyed the implication being that it was the entire planet.

If that doesn't satisfy, watch BSG: The Plan, I'm pretty certain that given the time frame, they'll be references to the Holocaust.

Comment

Yes the ending was stupid period.
                          We can close this thread now, tanneth declared the ending stupid.
                          sigpic

Comment

dude no need to be a **** head. The ending was fairly poor and a cliche' Hey let's make them turn out to be our ancestors that ended up landing here on Earth 150,000 yrs ago.

Let's not even take into account that maybe we weren't welcomed by the early humans. they could have seen us as tribes that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and were competing for food, resources ect.

Then let's not even consider the wildlife that would have been around back 150,000 yrs ago. Most of the people would have had know idea how to survive in that all very harsh wilderness.

How did they farm? Who brought all the seeds? Who brought tools for farming? The list goes on for miles and miles.

A very good show overall just not thrilled with how they ended it or the entire message of God has a divine plan for us.

I got that BS in Catholic school as a kid.

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            We can close this thread now, tanneth declared the ending stupid.

Comment

dude no need to be a **** head. The ending was fairly poor and a cliche' Hey let's make them turn out to be our ancestors that ended up landing here on Earth 150,000 yrs ago.

Let's not even take into account that maybe we weren't welcomed by the early humans. they could have seen us as tribes that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and were competing for food, resources ect.

Then let's not even consider the wildlife that would have been around back 150,000 yrs ago. Most of the people would have had know idea how to survive in that all very harsh wilderness.

How did they farm? Who brought all the seeds? Who brought tools for farming? The list goes on for miles and miles.

A very good show overall just not thrilled with how they ended it or the entire message of God has a divine plan for us.

I got that BS in Catholic school as a kid.
                              and who gives a frak about that? The message of the ending was very clear and you obviously missed it. Too bad for you
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

How the hell was that a cliche? Me thinks you need to look up the definition. Oh look it just happens to be right here. I must be developing dementia as I can't for the live of me think of a single instance of the ending being used elsewhere.

...anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.

I didn't realize that there were two versions of Daybreak. In the version that I watched it was clear that the humans were tribal and without language. Furthermore, the only information provided was that they were already there and the Humans-Cylons settled on the same planet. There was absoultely no information suggesting that they did or did not have problems with us or that there was or was not eventual inter-breeding.

Might be a hunch, but I'm guessing that if you can build Cylons and Raiders and Basestars and Hybrids and FTL drives and computers and other machines that you can figure out how to kill an animal and how to forage for food.

It may be a stretch and I might be utterly in left-field but there is the chance that there was existing plantlife on the planet. I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X