Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
    I must say I was surprised about the ending but I liked most of it.

the only think I didn't like was. okay they send the fleet and most of there technology into the sun but they still had couple of Raptor and vipers, and of course they were about 30,000 people that settle down,

so my thought was why are we not more advanced now that then. they should have kept the civilization going and we should be more advanced now but of course if the 30.000 people all died then this is understandable.

but my question is do you think they all died but if not what happened to all of the knowledge?
    Rewatch the ep, you'll understand. The survivors decided to walk away from technology given how technology bit them in the ass.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

And bit them HARD.....
      sigpic

Comment

yeah I understood that but all the knowledge thous people had they did not leave that behind

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
          yeah I understood that but all the knowledge thous people had they did not leave that behind
          I think that seems as they are our ancestors partly then a lot of our culture and technology is based on them, Greek culture for instance would most likely have been passed down from them as would a lot of other things such as language.

They wanted to pass the best things about themselves on such as their culture and not all the weapons and advanced technology. I believe that they would have massively influenced the planet more than they thought they would.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
            I think that seems as they are our ancestors partly then a lot of our culture and technology is based on them, Greek culture for instance would most likely have been passed down from them as would a lot of other things such as language.

They wanted to pass the best things about themselves on such as their culture and not all the weapons and advanced technology. I believe that they would have massively influenced the planet more than they thought they would.
            Pretty much it all would have been lost. You can't say that the advancements of the Greeks were an outgrowth of the knowledge of the Colonials & Cylons. The closing shot established that they arrived on 'new' Earth 150,000 years ago, the Greece's highpoint would have been 400-ish BC (very, very rough estimate) which puts around 145,000 years or so between the arrival on 'new' Earth and the Greeks. Plenty of time for knowledge to be lost. (See one of my posts higher up).

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              Pretty much it all would have been lost. You can't say that the advancements of the Greeks were an outgrowth of the knowledge of the Colonials & Cylons. The closing shot established that they arrived on 'new' Earth 150,000 years ago, the Greece's highpoint would have been 400-ish BC (very, very rough estimate) which puts around 145,000 years or so between the arrival on 'new' Earth and the Greeks. Plenty of time for knowledge to be lost. (See one of my posts higher up).

Course that does give rise to the Myth of Alantis, still thousands of years after the arrival of the Colonials and Cylons. but it was said that Atlantis was very advanced before it was claimed by the sea and what not.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                I'm not saying the colonials were still around at that time but cultural similarities would suggest that the ideas of the colonials were passed down.
                sigpic

Comment

do you think god made the 'starbucks" coffee shops so that we would never forget kara ??
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    do you think god made the 'starbucks" coffee shops so that we would never forget kara ??
                    Most definately, here's the proof.

sigpic

Comment

Most definately, here's the proof.

This is....indeed excellent proof.
                      Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                        This is....indeed excellent proof.
                        I thought it might go down well.
                        sigpic

Comment

A legacy of caffeinated goodness
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying the colonials were still around at that time but cultural similarities would suggest that the ideas of the colonials were passed down.
                            The probability of that is slim given that if knowledge is not put to practical use, its lost. Factor in the thousands of years and the degregation would be immense.

Comment

well the cylon plan fell apart but at least gods is going ok so far
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

well the cylon plan fell apart but at least gods is going ok so far
                                The cylons failed to think things through...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X