No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, WTF is your problem? Just cause I didn't happen to love the ending like you so obviosly did and probably got wet in your shorts over isn't reason to keep trying to bash me.

Is your universe so fragile that if someone happens to not agree with you you get mad and want to attack them?

There are enough other posts by people here that feel the same way as I did.

also big difference in "if you can build Cylons and Raiders and Basestars and Hybrids and FTL drives and computers and other machines that you can figure out how to kill an animal and how to forage for food."

Hey we can build cars, computers and other hi tech machines right now and how many of our present day people could survive in the wild especially dating back 150,000 yrs when it was really harsh?

Out of 40,000 something thousand Colonials how many actually would have had skills to adapting to such a harsh world? What's that not many. That is the correct answer.

I stand by what I said about the ending. Now if you wanna keep trying to bash me go ahead I really don't give a frack wtf you think.

Why don't you go to Africa right now with nothing but a backpack with some supplies and spend one month in the jungle and come back that is IF YOU DO and tell us how well you did and what you created.

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    How the hell was that a cliche? Me thinks you need to look up the definition. Oh look it just happens to be right here. I must be developing dementia as I can't for the live of me think of a single instance of the ending being used elsewhere.

...anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.

I didn't realize that there were two versions of Daybreak. In the version that I watched it was clear that the humans were tribal and without language. Furthermore, the only information provided was that they were already there and the Humans-Cylons settled on the same planet. There was absoultely no information suggesting that they did or did not have problems with us or that there was or was not eventual inter-breeding.

Might be a hunch, but I'm guessing that if you can build Cylons and Raiders and Basestars and Hybrids and FTL drives and computers and other machines that you can figure out how to kill an animal and how to forage for food.

It may be a stretch and I might be utterly in left-field but there is the chance that there was existing plantlife on the planet. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by tanneth View Post
      Dude, WTF is your problem? Just cause I didn't happen to love the ending like you so obviosly did and probably got wet in your shorts over isn't reason to keep trying to bash me.

Is your universe so fragile that if someone happens to not agree with you you get mad and want to attack them?

There are enough other posts by people here that feel the same way as I did.

also big difference in "if you can build Cylons and Raiders and Basestars and Hybrids and FTL drives and computers and other machines that you can figure out how to kill an animal and how to forage for food."

Hey we can build cars, computers and other hi tech machines right now and how many of our present day people could survive in the wild especially dating back 150,000 yrs when it was really harsh?

Out of 40,000 something thousand Colonials how many actually would have had skills to adapting to such a harsh world? What's that not many. That is the correct answer.

I stand by what I said about the ending. Now if you wanna keep trying to bash me go ahead I really don't give a frack wtf you think.

Why don't you go to Africa right now with nothing but a backpack with some supplies and spend one month in the jungle and come back that is IF YOU DO and tell us how well you did and what you created.
      While you are entitled to your opinion concerning the ending, my post was to point out that you're making several faulty conclusions. Saying that the Colonials couldn't survive the harsh environment because they had no prior experience is very faulty logic. My point concerning the technology that they built was geared toward the idea that in reality an intelligent person possesses the mental faculties to figure out the environment in which they find themselves and what it takes to survive therein.

While I can't spend a month in Africa, I might point out that you know absolutely nothing about me. You know absolutely nothing about me and yet you've concluded that I couldn't survive a month in Africa with just a backpack. What if I had been trained in Special Ops? What if my career is actually as a Survival Skills Instructor? What if I actually grew up on a preserve in Africa?

See, you the conclusions that you come to are faulty and fail to consider all possibilities which is the point that I was trying to make with my responses.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

While you are entitled to your opinion concerning the ending, my post was to point out that you're making several faulty conclusions. Saying that the Colonials couldn't survive the harsh environment because they had no prior experience is very faulty logic. My point concerning the technology that they built was geared toward the idea that in reality an intelligent person possesses the mental faculties to figure out the environment in which they find themselves and what it takes to survive therein.

While I can't spend a month in Africa, I might point out that you know absolutely nothing about me. You know absolutely nothing about me and yet you've concluded that I couldn't survive a month in Africa with just a backpack. What if I had been trained in Special Ops? What if my career is actually as a Survival Skills Instructor? What if I actually grew up on a preserve in Africa?

See, you the conclusions that you come to are faulty and fail to consider all possibilities which is the point that I was trying to make with my responses.
        We can of course presume as well that all of the crew of Galactica had wilderness training. Skills that they could pass onto the others. Additionally as Apollo pointed out, fact of the matter is these people had been living the last few years of their life in metal boxes so most wouldn't mind living the rest of their lives under the stars. Yeah of course there would be dangers like wild animals and disease, but hell they had all been through so much, after cylons, lions probably just seemed like a nice gentle kitty cat. Of course there were probably other reasons why they would reject technology. Who knows whether the colonies had problems with polution just like we do.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          We can of course presume as well that all of the crew of Galactica had wilderness training. Skills that they could pass onto the others. Additionally as Apollo pointed out, fact of the matter is these people had been living the last few years of their life in metal boxes so most wouldn't mind living the rest of their lives under the stars. Yeah of course there would be dangers like wild animals and disease, but hell they had all been through so much, after cylons, lions probably just seemed like a nice gentle kitty cat. Of course there were probably other reasons why they would reject technology. Who knows whether the colonies had problems with polution just like we do.
          I didn't even consider the military training. Now that I think about it, it does seem as if some of the episodes suggested that - like when Helo being stuck on Caprica and the incident on Kobol. Granted those eps were more combat related, but its entirely probable that their training would have included basic survival skills.

Every Naval pilot gets the pleasure of 48 hours in a wilderness to test their survival skills.

Comment

To be fair G.O.D, he has a very good point, and plenty of people "give a frak" about those crucial skills that these people almost certainly would not have had. The ending's message was good, but its execution was just awful, particularly given the fact that they chose to end the show on their own time. The writers simply dropped the ball, as opposed to many other shows (like SGA) that were rushed because they were being canceled. I'll never quite get the direction this series ended in. I enjoyed it, but certainly not to the degree my years of investment in the show had desired.
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I didn't even consider the military training. Now that I think about it, it does seem as if some of the episodes suggested that - like when Helo being stuck on Caprica and the incident on Kobol. Granted those eps were more combat related, but its entirely probable that their training would have included basic survival skills.

Every Naval pilot gets the pleasure of 48 hours in a wilderness to test their survival skills.
              Exactly. Plus going by the episodes where that Raptor Unit was stuck on Kobol all types of crewmember are given some form of wilderness training. Tyrol in particular seemed to know what he was doing but no one there kinda blinked at the fact they were stuck in the wild and had to rough it. They just grabbed their stuff and got on with it.

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
              To be fair G.O.D, he has a very good point, and plenty of people "give a frak" about those crucial skills that these people almost certainly would not have had. The ending's message was good, but its execution was just awful, particularly given the fact that they chose to end the show on their own time. The writers simply dropped the ball, as opposed to many other shows (like SGA) that were rushed because they were being canceled. I'll never quite get the direction this series ended in. I enjoyed it, but certainly not to the degree my years of investment in the show had desired.
              The majority of the people wouldn't have had the skills right away. But the human race has an amazing ability to adapt and think problems through when required. Plus it only takes a hand full of people to teach the others. It is possible that many of the colonials would have just gone and built the first early villages. all you'd need is one person who knew anything about farming and then there you have all the knowledge to grow crops. Then take someone else who used to be pretty good at javelin (or the colonial equivalent) well then you have someone who with a bit of practice and experimentation would be able to kill a wild animal at range.
              As for medicine well I'm sure at first they would have just split the supplies of pills and stuff between each group and then found herbal remedies later. In the and they couldn't create new medicines even when they were on the run so there's no difference there. Dying of disease in space is just as bad as doing it on a planet. There would have been a medically trained person on every ship as well so that's not really a big deal either. Fully trained Doctors are a bit more of a comodity it must be said but my guess is that they made sure that people with particular medical conditions were all kept in a group close to the doctors.
              Also let's not forget about the Geminese (at least I think it was the Geminese) From what we learnt in the third season these people largely reject medicine and modern technology. I guess they were like the Colonial version of the Amish. Well........my guess is that they survived somehow on their own planet so I'm pretty sure Earth would be quite a treat for them.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                The majority of the people wouldn't have had the skills right away. But the human race has an amazing ability to adapt and think problems through when required. Plus it only takes a hand full of people to teach the others. It is possible that many of the colonials would have just gone and built the first early villages. all you'd need is one person who knew anything about farming and then there you have all the knowledge to grow crops. Then take someone else who used to be pretty good at javelin (or the colonial equivalent) well then you have someone who with a bit of practice and experimentation would be able to kill a wild animal at range.
                As for medicine well I'm sure at first they would have just split the supplies of pills and stuff between each group and then found herbal remedies later. In the and they couldn't create new medicines even when they were on the run so there's no difference there. Dying of disease in space is just as bad as doing it on a planet. There would have been a medically trained person on every ship as well so that's not really a big deal either. Fully trained Doctors are a bit more of a comodity it must be said but my guess is that they made sure that people with particular medical conditions were all kept in a group close to the doctors.
                Also let's not forget about the Geminese (at least I think it was the Geminese) From what we learnt in the third season these people largely reject medicine and modern technology. I guess they were like the Colonial version of the Amish. Well........my guess is that they survived somehow on their own planet so I'm pretty sure Earth would be quite a treat for them.
                Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man (or woman) a cupie doll!

Comment

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man (or woman) a cupie doll!
                  Yes I'm a man thanks Hal. .........well...........Timelord anyway.

Comment

don't know if this has been posted yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhH1UDpKyyg

alternate ending
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You? know, I think this is the only series finale anyone may ever see that has flamingos in it.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I cried so much when Pt three was done.... it was like... No!! But *cries* ..... just more and more tears.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          I cried so much when Pt three was done.... it was like... No!! But *cries* ..... just more and more tears.
                          I was more taken in emotion over the shear amount of grief and the weight of the burdens that they carried and the ray of hope at the very end. More shock and awe than anything else.

Comment

I never cried before when a series was done, but BSG drew me in, beat me down, and left me scarred and broken from the emotional high it let loose every week, and then for the finale to happen. I was like on a emotional over load and crying was the only thing that I would do to get over my shock and awe of the shear ending they had presented to us. More than anything i shed my tears for Roslin and the fact that she would never get to see her cabin in the woods or share it with Adama, the man she fought with, lived with, and found love with.

Yes i am shipper, lol!! Just in case you were wondering.... hehe!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I must say I was surprised about the ending but I liked most of it.

the only think I didn't like was. okay they send the fleet and most of there technology into the sun but they still had couple of Raptor and vipers, and of course they were about 30,000 people that settle down,

so my thought was why are we not more advanced now that then. they should have kept the civilization going and we should be more advanced now but of course if the 30.000 people all died then this is understandable.

but my question is do you think they all died but if not what happened to all of the knowledge?

Comment

I would think that is where we get the legend of Atlantis. the Atlanteans were supposed to be an advanced civilization with the ability to fly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X