No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually glad that they didn't explain or reveal God in the final as it would have quite literally would have been Deus ex machina.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

You know what bugged me the most about the first half...... the fact that the treaty with Cavil wouldn't have lasted another 10 minutes anyway. Regardless of whether the transfer would have finished or not, Racetrack's hand would have hit the nuke button and the whole colony would be nuked. Unless of course I missed a detail where her hand got bumped from the gunfire on Galactica, the treaty was doomed no matter what.

Otherwise, a great finale.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
        I'm actually glad that they didn't explain or reveal God in the final as it would have quite literally would have been Deus ex machina.
        Not to mention any attempt to explain the nature of God and his Angels would've been a letdown. I like that they kept it vague/up to interpretation.

Comment

Good catch about "silly me" being angel Baltar saying it was impossible to decipher what their "god" wanted. Could be.. but they seemed to know everything else in his plan .

I'm pretty sure post-explosion Kara was just an angel. Similar to how angel Six interacted with real objects, lifted Baltar up, and did other things with Baltar that seemed real . She made herself physically able to do those things, and when she chose she made herself visible to the crew when she accused Baltar of destroying the colonies. Kara was just a "sleeper angel" for God like Boomer was to the cylons. If she were preaching she was an angel and was sent by god her story would have been less credible and less likely of her finding her own way to Earth. She realized at the very end what she was and was allowed to cross over to the other side, where Anders was waiting for her .
          "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Similarly to the OP, how did the introduction of 38,000 people from other planets affect the world 150,000 years ago? Like, they all spoke English, this world in BSG should have been drastically different than ours. From what I gathered, Hera had plenty of descendants lol, so they didn't just isolate themselves and die off, it looks like they mingled with current civilizations (Galen and Scot/Ireland anyone? Gaels?). So what confuses me is how they didn't alter the world with their English, knowledge, etc.

Comment

Leoben grew a beard.. they're exactly like humans. They age of course.

Ellen talks to Cavil about how when he was a child etc.

I'm pretty sure they all age when not resurrecting.

But as for the cylons.. they died off most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                there were two distinct human races around 75,000 years ago and one allof a sudden dissapeared and we (at the time homo erectus bordering on homo sapien) became dominant. perhaps in BSG the humans that died out were from normal colonials whereas the humans (homeerectus/homosapien) were the ones to go on, that would allow for hera to be the mitocondrial eve.

this is a true fact- the mitocondrial eve really dus date back 150,000 years
                but the mitocondrial adam only dates back 75-72,000 years, so something happend to weed out all but the eve offspring 75-72,000 years ago, maybe desease maybe natural disaster, but ine of the two existing humanoid races had something to give them the edge. al BSG is doing is giving a different reason for it
                It is? You or someone else was there to verify this? WoW that is news to me! Where can I find the pictures or interviews with the people that documented the history?

Ok so I am saying this with tongue in cheek. Actually known history that can be proven (recorded) only goes back 6-10,000 years. Everything else is pure speculation, theory or flights of fantasy.

BSG was an incredible series of FICTION (ok Science Fiction). I thoroughly enjoyed it from season one through this series finale. However at no time did I ever think or believe that anything in this amazing story was close to actual events in Earth's History. It astounds me that so many fans do think this (that some parts of this fictional show could at all be tied to our history, spiritually or otherwise) and just shows the confusion that has been "sown" into our belief system by theories such as evolution and fossilized findings (carbon 14 dating etc).

I really wasn't going to say anything regarding the fictional false "doctrine" in this show because I thought most sensible people could see through it for what it was. However after reading the first 277 posts on this thread I just had to come out and comment on the side of reality (of course imo). I do have data to backup what I am saying and perhaps I will list that later. I did not post this to get into flame wars about spiritual beliefs, I really believe that they have no place on this board.

Ultimately I loved this thought provoking show. I enjoyed seasons one and two more than any other tv series I have ever enjoyed (this goes back to the 60's). Seasons 3 and 4 were less stellar but still worth watching. I did enjoy the series finale, more than any other series finale I can recall behind Deep Space Nine's "What you leave Behind" and TNG's "All Good Things". The first hour was much more exciting than the second hour, however I did enjoy the way they tied up the series in the last hour though I agree with many who think that the flash backs were really unnecessary.

I will miss this show very very much. I will also be watching the DvDs until they are worn out, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de View Post
                  "That too is in God's plan"
                  "You know he doesn't like that name"
                  Actually, doesn't he say - "It" doesn't like that name, not "He"? Kinda points to God as being something other than the classical white bearded man in the sky, possibly some advanced AI or alien life form? I think the writers purposely left it up to interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    They don't. They are two completely different planets. The new planet was named 'Earth' by the survivors once they landed. Also, one of the tests when they came to Cylon-Earth was to check the stars to see if they matched what was seen in Athena's tomb which they did confirming that that planet was indeed Earth. If you call you're new house 'Home' does that mean that your old house was never 'Home'?
                    Ok, well, let me explain my reasoning further. It was my understanding when watching the last moments of this episode that the new "Earth" is supposedly the one that we currently live on, in other words, the aliens who visited Earth long ago, were Adama, Roslin and the Colonial Fleet.

Did not the star patterns seen in the Tomb of Athena match the ones on burnt-out cinder Earth as well as our very own modern day Earth? It's very unlikely that you can look up into the night sky and see the 12 constellations of the Zodiac on two entirely different planets.
                    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                      Ok, well, let me explain my reasoning further. It was my understanding when watching the last moments of this episode that the new "Earth" is supposedly the one that we currently live on, in other words, the aliens who visited Earth long ago, were Adama, Roslin and the Colonial Fleet.

Did not the star patterns seen in the Tomb of Athena match the ones on burnt-out cinder Earth as well as our very own modern day Earth? It's very unlikely that you can look up into the night sky and see the 12 constellations of the Zodiac on two entirely different planets.
                      That's what i'm thinking as well, but the whole constellations being a match on cylon earth makes me think that its a SLIGHT possibility that they somehow traveled back in time, even though they did not say anything. cause if the earth they ended on is supposedly OUR earth then those constellations are the same. What if that did happen and then when the 13th tribe left kobol, they came to earth and found life and decided to not land and go somewhere else? That's ONLY if they did indeed time travel, if not than that's just a possibility.
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

just watched it it had everything i hoped for, completely satisfied

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                          i wondered that too, even in the finali when the rapters jump from inside the flight pod they rip it to shreads so its not like there are special circumstances to the spacial disturbance happening, it happens every time, the massive boom when galactica did the death dive over new caprica itterates the piont, so i totaly agree there should have been a pretty large piese of the colony ripped apart by that.

although the colony did not break u even when hit with 6 nukes so perhaps, the colony is better made than galactica
                          You betcha!
                          That was my immediate thought when Adama ordered the jump. I thought, YES, damn you're smart Bill, you get away and rip up Cavil's Colony all at the same time! And then, nothing but a simple wink-out.

Production/writing brainfart with that scene.

Comment

Overall message?

BSG: Re-imagined is another science fiction story warning us about how robots will autonomously evolve free-thinking and free-will and turn against us.

Yes, my dear Robot Lovers/Japanese, robots WILL do horrible, vicious and heinous crimes against humans, because they will be running MS Windows 20.0 with MS imposed fully-automated (whether you like it or not) wireless connectivity and be infected with more malicious viruses than you can shake a stick at.

We'll need to worry about that long, long, long before robots get anywhere near becoming self-aware.

IMO, the spirituality promoted by BSG is worthless. It's a mish-mash of various non-committal theories about some undefined force of nature that may or may not do something, care to do something or even know what should be done. If you're gonna worship that, then you might as well dig your own poo out of the crapper and worship that as well.

If there is a God worth worshiping, then he's going save humanity out of the clueless chaos, it's been mired in for all recorded history. Save us from our clueless, selfish, planet-destroying, war-mongering selves. Bring order and peace to the universe. If there's no God like that, then Cavil's final solution is as good as any other.

Comment

Well, about 150,000 years ago, humans almost went extinct. The human population split up into smaller groups and lived in isolation. Can read the NG article:
                              http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-extinct.html

RDM reading the NG magazine when '6' and Baltar were talking about the time skip could be that article. Modern humans appeared around that time, so RDM just fit the Colonials into that timeline.
                              It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                                Indeed, you can't in a sci-fi series have the answer to so many critical questions be "god did it!". It is nothing more than bad and lazy writing... and I expected better from BSG.
                                C'mon, what are you afraid of? Watching BSG, and then running off to pray in the nearest church?
                                This "god" is not the Christian, Muslim, Jewish etc. God. It is a power with an agenda. I don't know if you've heard about a TV show, it's called Stargate SG-1, and it told a story also about ascended beings. Those beings had god like powers, yet they weren't supernatural.

So why is it, that unless someone spells it out, it totally get lost on some people.

... would of...
                                This should be banned on GateWorld.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X