Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
    Maybe they asked the ship's hybrid?
    That's the only solution I can think of too - the Hybrids always seems to know where other Hybrids are. But I thought dealing with them meant dealing with nonsense? The possibility exists that Ellen holds some sway over 'em however.

This has to be explained, along with how The Fleet and The Cylons all ended up in the same place and why The Fleet lost power, etc. Oh and what happened to Roslin, etc. So many questions...

But yeah, I'm thinking it's the Hybrids.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

So I'm rewatching this over and over, I don't get what Baltar proposed to Adama and why he armed the civilians?

I understand the Sons of Ares are bullying Dogsville, but, what was the revolution Baltar talked about? What does he hope to accomplish? And why does Adama believe this won't result in a blood bath on his ship?
      "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

My guess has been that the civilians trust other civilians more than they trust the marines and Adama knows this.

Comment

I think it stems from some scenes that were cut from the episode in which the possibility of using Cylon Centurions as security was discussed. A lot of Galactica's Marines are dead or cannot be trusted due to the mutiny. Security isn't what it should be so they considered centurions. Baltar proposed the arming of civilians as the last "human" solution to the problem.

The fact that the scenes were cut and the idea isn't really explained contributed to the viewer's feeling that it makes no sense at all.

Here is what the writer had to say:

Why would Adama -- with Roslin and Lee's apparent agreement -- give Baltar's fringe faction lots of large guns? I know Adama hasn't been himself lately, but this seems like a bad idea.

"Adama is having trouble maintaining order on the ship. He lost a lot of marines during the mutiny. If he doesn't get some sort of force that can keep the civilians under control, he will have to consider using Centurions from the base ship, and he fears a civilian insurrection if he did so. Baltar says that this is the last human solution, and Adama has to agree. "

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....nson.html#more
          Last edited by Berg417448; 23 February 2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Well it looks like RDM, doesnt see the Baltar storyline being better than the Ellen,Tigh,Caprica6 storyline like most ppl here did for this ep. The Deadlock podcast is up. And not much can be garnered from it. I wish he'd explain about these head characters already. Hm, he doesnt speak of the cut scenes from this ep either.

Comment

Why use Centurions? Skinjobs are tougher than they look, but would be more "acceptable", especially if issued with Colonial uniforms.

I suppose arming Baltar's civilians is no different to arming disparate Kurdish groups in Iraq, or sympathetic militia in Afghanistan.

Comment

Why use Centurions? Skinjobs are tougher than they look, but would be more "acceptable", especially if issued with Colonial uniforms.

I suppose arming Baltar's civilians is no different to arming disparate Kurdish groups in Iraq, or sympathetic militia in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post

Skinjobs can be killed with a knife while a Centurion would probably just look at you funny if you came at it with a knife

Plus I´d imagine that the number of skinjobs has fallen to low levels and that they´ve all turned chicken now that resurrection is out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                    Skinjobs can be killed with a knife while a Centurion would probably just look at you funny if you came at it with a knife

Plus I´d imagine that the number of skinjobs has fallen to low levels and that they´ve all turned chicken now that resurrection is out of the picture.
                    1. Yes they can be killed by a knife, but are harder to kill than humans.
                    2. There's demonstrably loads of 6s and 8s left - Galactica had what, 200 Marines? I reckon there's easily that many skinjobs.

But fair points though mate, I'm not disagreeing outright.

Comment

it'd be the cherry on top, if anders wakes up as a baby

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                        1. Yes they can be killed by a knife, but are harder to kill than humans.
                        2. There's demonstrably loads of 6s and 8s left - Galactica had what, 200 Marines? I reckon there's easily that many skinjobs.

But fair points though mate, I'm not disagreeing outright.
                        Those poor rebels. Yet another job for them to do. One wonders whether they should be getting paid for all this... With dozens of them already swarming over the human's battlestar trying to literal keep the ship from falling apart, not to mention the upgrades to the humans' FTL drives, the humans go to them again:

"Uh yeah, you see, We can't keep control of our own people, so could you, like, send over some more of your people over to keep us from descending into anarchy, you know, again?"

Also, considering what's happened to more than a few of the 2s, 6s, and 8s since they met up with the fleet...would you want to be a security guard for the humans if your were a Cylon?

It's funny though, how both sides ended up needing each other to survive. Back in Season 1, I never would have guessed that this would happen.

Comment

I was dissapointed with the way ellens script was written. Given her reinvention in the last episode which was very well written, harking her back to a spiteful heavy drinking little tart given her grander status was a tad stupid.

I dont really see the point in Baltars character anymore, its a tad pointless, but I suppose it fills a few mintues with easy to write, low cost events.

I had a quick read over next weeks events and it seems we'll finally get some good stuff and maybe dare I say it, a few answers!
                          I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
                            I was dissapointed with the way ellens script was written. Given her reinvention in the last episode which was very well written, harking her back to a spiteful heavy drinking little tart given her grander status was a tad stupid.

I think that was the idea, they cylons are not that different to humans, they are capable of complex thought about the nature of their place in the universe but on the flipside are also burdened by petty jealousy and the need for vengeance (cavil)
                            "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
                              I dont really see the point in Baltars character anymore, its a tad pointless, but I suppose it fills a few mintues with easy to write, low cost events.
                              Those scenes with Baltar are actually one of the few things I enjoyed about this episode. His character arc this season has been one of redemption and its nice to see him finally become a somewhat likable guy.

If the 'visions' are any indication, he still has an important part to play in the episodes ahead.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by cameron1 View Post
                                it'd be the cherry on top, if anders wakes up as a baby
                                He'd have to go through puberty again and his voice changing. Not to mention that ... other thing.
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X