No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode. Using the previous episode to build up for this one was definitely worth it.

Of course there were a few "illogical" aspects, but its SciFi, what can you do. Like Kara was outnumbered when she rescued Lee, they could've returned fire to her. And also, sending only 2 marines to guard Adama and Tigh? Really? Maybe they couldn't spare any more or something.

No point in getting caught up in minor details though, overall it was an amazing episode and I can't wait for next week's.
    sigpic

Comment

Very likely they couldn't spare any more. There aren't all that many marines to begin with, not all of them are necessarily mutineers, and they have to take control of the bridge.

More interesting is the bit about how Tom Zarek clearly wanted them killed right away. Gaeta is probably going to regret not doing that, but you never know.

Comment

Brilliant, chilling, and needed!

Gaeta's mutiny is nothing short of stupidity and arrogance. Certinantly the fleet is going to die much faster without cylon FTL capability, from a military standpoint, removing the admiral of your battlestar shows blatant disreguard for the chain of command. How long does he expect to be in power?

He and Zarek are fraked, the civilian population heard Roslin plead with them to stay the course, and they failed to jam the transmission until Roslin had essentially made her case. The worst moment possible, even with the fleets disappointment of roslin's administration, I don't see how many civilians could ignore such a heart-felt plea from Roslin.\

"It has been an honor to serve with you... MY FRIEND" That line was the best in the entire episode.

I feel very bad for anders, for one's ex to sit by while people kick the **** out of you with a smirk on her face, that has to hit him hard. (No pun intended).

I hope that Athena doesn't get raped, God forbid with her daughter there...

I happened to notice how many marines were murdered, along with the civilians, I'm suprised we wern't shown more marines/personell fighting back against the others except for the 12 or so helping barricade everything in Baltar's sanctuary.
        Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
        -----------------------------------------------
        I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Some people may have forgotten this but

A) No resurrection, the hub is dead
          B) The basestar's raiders are all dead, they lost them in the ambush with the Cavil ships

But still that doesn't mean they can't launch a few missiles at the viper chasing the raptor.

The basestar will probably send out a signal on all channels so Roslin can talk to the fleet again.

And I think

Raptor docks with Colonial One and Roslin kills Zarek, she's been wanting to do something like that ever since he got released from the prison ship.

Adama will kill Gaeta

And one or two of the Brig guards will have second thoughts club the mutaineers over the head with their rifle and open the doors. Helo will lead this group with Athena and Six for support.

If any of the F5 die, my money is on Anders.

EDIT: Just checked the preview for the next episode and hehe I think my suspicions will be confirmed correct. Roslin is going to use the basestar to force the rebels to backdown

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            I think if Shaw was alive, and in this episode, she would've been able to stop the rebellion.

Most of the marines on Galactica are Pegasus marines. Galactica only had a few dozen. It made sense that they'd go against Adama seeing as they don't feel as attached to him as they did to Pegasus's command crew.
            That is true! Galactica only had a handful, and Pegasus did have some!
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              The episode gave back my hope to BSG. It was almost perfect.

I didn't like they send only two soldier to guard Tigh and Adama to the cell. This is unlogic.
              well you have to think, they were still trying to secure different areas of the ship and putting down resistance to the mutiny so logically they left fewest as possible to guard them: 1 per prisoner. I think even if they has several guards adama and tigh would have put them down regardless.
              sigpic

Comment

This was the best episode of the series, if you ask me, and it was simply amazing. While I agree that Adama and Roslin have suspended true democracy for too long, they are doing what is best for humanity; Gaeta and Zereck, on the other hand, are doing things for a misguided, self-destructive sense of righteousness and a pure lust for power, respectively.

Can't wait for next week.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm most excited about the Cylon Base Ship getting involved in the next episode, I wonder if Gaeta(or Zareck) will decide to fire on it.

Comment

According to the Podcast The Oath will filmed BEFORE the Face of the enemy webisodes so that's why there wasn't any other banter between
                    Spoiler:
                    gaeta and hoshi since it was established in FotE they were having a relationship
                    sigpic

Comment

First of all, I renew my open complaint to the guy who edits the Preveiws of future episodes!
                      Spoiler:
                      Unless they edited the audio to say it, Saul is dead! Probably the best character in BSG, imho.

Very powerful episode. Scary how Kara was so excited by the action (she is the Harbinger, though). Good seeing the Baltar bunch helping out, both as an escape and as a secondary line of communication.
                      I think one of the best moments was Adama standing over the dead private, obviously enraged that this kid had taken a bullet (fired by traitors) meant for him, and how he pointed out that he had honored his uniform. I know some people wanted that kid to be someone we know, but I think it's actually better he was just a regular no-name guy.

Ok, so you hate the cylons for almost wipeing out humanity, so you KILL a bunch of your fellow humans? I noticed a lot of dead people in the corridors; that dry erase board on the Prez's ship is going to need some major changes.

But, and this is me being devil's advocate, but the Cylons might get full amnesty for wipeing out pretty much all mankind, but the Mutinieers have no hope of amenesty? So, what do you do with them? Drop them off on a rock somewhere? Lock them up for the rest of their lives? I guess you could kill them all, but then you're back to lowering the number of humans in the fleet and/or losing alot of highly trained personel.

Comment

Did anyone notice that one of the Marines (Maldonado) who beat up Anders and got shot by Adama was played by Craig Veroni, aka Peter Grodin from Atlantis Season 1?

Comment

Very good episode! This is what BSG is all about, conflict and very believable characters. I can't find the interview now, but when they were shooting this season Alessandro Juliani said
                          Spoiler:
                          that he was very happy that Gaeta had survived to episode 4.18
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 February 2009, 04:28 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                            I think in the next episode we are going to see some want to come back into the Adama fold.
                            Good luck to them! Adama is sentimental, but he's not going to welcome them all back with open arms. Maybe he'll make an example and decimate them, starting with Gaeta (assuming that the military retakes the ship). Kill Gaeta slow so that he knows he is dying, the others should be shot. Zarek should be arrested and executed as a conspirator. No more second chances, just a bullet - he's done enough damage.

I'm rewatching all the previous episodes, and something that really strikes me is how Gaeta has descended from textbook-perfect officer, to turncoat informer, to traitor. His actions on New Caprica seem to have left him feeling like he manipulate the situation to 'save' people but now his ego and hurt have led him down a dark path.

Baltar showed remorse and had no choice when he signed death warrants, but he's never actually done anything to kill people. Letting Six into the defense computers was arrogant and served his own ego, but he didn't know what the results would be. Gaeta knew the revolt would cost many lives and went ahead with it. It's like the humans no longer care. They have fought for so long, lost so much, they have given up hope and are seeking their own destruction as a way out. Dualla did the same, but she didn't kill anyone who wanted to keep going - just herself.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post

But, and this is me being devil's advocate, but the Cylons might get full amnesty for wipeing out pretty much all mankind, but the Mutinieers have no hope of amenesty? So, what do you do with them? Drop them off on a rock somewhere? Lock them up for the rest of their lives? I guess you could kill them all, but then you're back to lowering the number of humans in the fleet and/or losing alot of highly trained personel.
                              Originally posted by Detox View Post

Most of the marines on Galactica are Pegasus marines. Galactica only had a few dozen. It made sense that they'd go against Adama seeing as they don't feel as attached to him as they did to Pegasus's command crew.
                              I think the mutineers each need to be executed or brought back into the fleet. Execute the leaders and those who willfully killed others. Marooning them risks building up trouble for the future - if there's one thing the leaders should have realised by now, it's that if you don't nip a problem in the bud, it grows. Abandoning them or imprisoning them would only build up further resentment. What if Cavil's lot found the mutineers? He would quite happily send them back to the fleet to finish what they started, only this time better armed, trained and with a few thousand Centurions.

Without Pegasus, the marines loyalty will be to the military, so they should be loyal to Adama. If they are totally against the BSG crew, then they wouldn't listen to Gaeta and his mutiny, they would expose it or put it down themselves. I think the situation has gone beyond loyalties for many of the crew, they are acting out of their own fear.

Comment

Originally posted by BobBot View Post

Without Pegasus, the marines loyalty will be to the military, so they should be loyal to Adama. If they are totally against the BSG crew, then they wouldn't listen to Gaeta and his mutiny, they would expose it or put it down themselves. I think the situation has gone beyond loyalties for many of the crew, they are acting out of their own fear.
                                Exactly. Thats the whole point of BSG. Even the marines are people, they aren't blindly loyal. They think, they know their prospects for a happy future are pretty slim. They're just as unhinged as anybody else. They're not machines just because they're marines.
                                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                                X