No announcement yet.

Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice that the face of the hybrid flashed into Roslin and Athena's dream, but only ver very briefly.
    When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

wow this was an amazing ep, so much is happening - finally! first there's the situation with the Demetrius and the base ship. that was extremely well done imo. was it instinct or did Tigh order to hold fire because he's one of the final five? poor Gaeta, he had to lose his leg. it seems that every ep someone dies or in this case loses a limb. his bittersweet singing reminded me of Return of the King when Pippin sings while the troops are being slaughtered. anyway the plan to eliminate the Cylon's ability to resurrect is just awesome! if this works it would mean...well let's not go there because I'm sure there'll be a lot of surprises until they manage to accomplish this. one would be the Cylon plan to kidnap the humans on the base ship once the mission's over. also great scene in Roslin's office, does she still trust Tori? I don't think so.

Lee has an interesting role in this ep. he has no idea what's going on and I'm sure he doesn't like it but somehow he knows how important Roslin is. I didn't expect her to actually do what Lee suggested. the look on the member's faces was actually quite funny, most of them have probably never seen a Cylon before. oh wait no they were all on New Caprica. anyway nice to see Kara back in uniform. I have no idea how she intends to help Roslin understand the visions, we'll see. then there's Hera, what's up with her? I mean her drawings, the visions and then she literally seeks out Six. very strange. I also didn't expect Athena to shoot Six, that was a nice twist which I'm sure will be important in the next eps. they plug it in and the ship jumps. who's onboard? Roslin, Baltar, couple of Marines and of course the Cylons. wow I really hope the next eps will be as exciting as this one!
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

hmm u know i am starting to wonder just how many cylons there are out there. with the supposed main resurrection hub of ALL cylons being so close to the fleet. where are the billions of cylons at heading to earth?? what about the cylon homeworld? why is there a need for a main hub? so far we've only seen what a couple of thousand cylons or maybe tens of thousands? those can be taken care of by the normal resurrection ships. so whats the need for the hub? i dont get it

Comment

Just popping in to say...this episode gave me hope that this series really does know where it's going. I'm hooked again!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Another superlative episode. I love how the episode didn't focus one one or two characters but instead included everyone.

Wow at Athena killing Natalie. I'm going to miss her. Loved how Athena's dream/vision of looking for Hera was intertwined with her actual pursuit of Hera. Are both Roslin(who hid Herafrom Athena) and Athena(who gave birth to Hera) sensing the future loss of the child. Will Six, Gaius and Hera be the only survivors(going into bright room and the door closing behind them)? Are they the future? Hera certainly senses something.

Gaeta was like a side show freak who everyone had to take a look at. I actually felt bad for him. Why has no one said that Anders shot him? Remember Tigh saying "And who the frak shot Gaeta". He has a lovely voice though. And what a meloncholy song he sang.

Tigh stopping the vipers from going after the Cylon base ship was cool. Geez Tigh, how did you know?

Laura telling off Tori was priceless. "I don't care if you have to spend all night on your knees praying or just on your knees". Tori looked suitably chastised and for the first time in a long time her coolness and confidence were shaken.

Enjoyed watching the viper pilots scatter for the Centurions.

Is Natalie the dying leader? Starbuck's liitle interlude while watching Natalie speak to the Quorum makes you wonder.

Double wow at the Hybrid waking up and initiating a jump with Roslin and Baltar aboard. Are they the hostages now?

Can't wait for the 2 weeks to fly by.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
              Laura telling off Tori was priceless. "I don't care if you have to spend all night on your knees praying or just on your knees". Tori looked suitably chastised and for the first time in a long time her coolness and confidence were shaken.
              That was GREAT! Such language coming from Laura! And Tori deserved every bit of it.

Comment

I forgot to mention the decision to destroy the Cylon resurrection hub. The cylon rebels are more than willing to give up their immortality. That certainly changes things. Everyone will be on an even footing. I wonder how many actual copies of each model there are? How long would it take for them to be wiped out?

Oooooh, and the unboxing of D'Anna will be very exciting. Tigh and company must be sweating bullets.

Comment

I wonder how many actual copies of each model there are? How long would it take for them to be wiped out?
                  When they boxed the Threes, Cavil and D'ana were in a large room with several hundred (I think) "tanks".

If that was just one resurrection ship, then I guess it's possible that each ship could accommodate growing several hundred items at one time.

I wonder if you can grow new individuals without the Hub.

I don't think that there is a fixed number of individuals per model, but each model is unique. Caprica Six isn't like Natalie because their personalities are based on different experiences. Individual Cylons would be wary of being killed once there was no more resurrection, but I think they could create as many new iterations as needed. They had to have a basic template for the original iterations of the 7 models.

Comment

I forgot to mention the decision to destroy the Cylon resurrection hub. The cylon rebels are more than willing to give up their immortality. That certainly changes things. Everyone will be on an even footing. I wonder how many actual copies of each model there are? How long would it take for them to be wiped out?

Oooooh, and the unboxing of D'Anna will be very exciting. Tigh and company must be sweating bullets.
                    That scene where they were discussing it and Tigh was arguing with Roslin was absolute gold when he realized that he'd lost. So darkly hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at all the ironies abound in the ep.

But wow.....when they do get D'Anna out of storage, all is going to hell.

Comment

Anyone else notice that Lee was still wearing his wedding ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                        Anyone else notice that Lee was still wearing his wedding ring?
                        Didn't notice, but didn't Adama sill wear his ring after his divorce? Like father like son.....

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                          .She would be the obvious candidate especially if Laura thinks her friendship means "frak". Which by the way, was the most awkward usage of the word.
                          Actually, considering the context of why she said it (Tory and Baltar), it actually was somewhat appropriate...

Comment

Two good episodes in a row? Maybe there's hope for BSG yet...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I believe he impregnated the six in captivity, which would be interesting considering they are both cylons
                              Spoiler:
                              somehow I don't see Tigh + Caprica6

we don't know for sure anyway - assuming it's even about a pregnancy

- on one hand we've never seen Caprica6 & Baltar talk to each other ever since Caprica6 was thrown in the brig

- but on the other hand Baltar did say Caprica6 told him about Roslin's visions right ? which would mean that there was some kinda [offscreen] contact between the two, right ?
                              did Baltar get to visit her in her cell perhaps ?

as for Gaeta - someone plz put a gag on the bloke ?
                              Last edited by SoulReaver; 15 July 2008, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I couldn't believe it when I heard this line -

"we tangled with those slit eyed black *******s for three years [...]"

Now I'm not one to be PC, but I'm surprised they chose to word it like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X