No announcement yet.

Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best frakking ending ever! I as stunned by the shooting but then the president stranded on a baseship with baltar and cylons....wow

Comment

You know what this series feels like? On a roller-coaster, you climb and climb in the first part, it's slow, but the anticipation grows. Then at the top, you hang, start to move, and suddenly shoot downwards going faster and faster. The first 5 episodes were the uphill part. The last one was the hang. Now we are 100% into the descent, accelerating straight down, and about to begin the first few girations. That's what this feels like. And I must admit, after initial skepticism, I like it.

Did not see Natalie being shot coming (until Athena pulled the gun on her of course).

I've been 100% avoiding the previews, or anything. Yet fracking SciFi showed a short preview before the show showing Hera's "6" notebook (thus I wasn't surprised when Athena took a look and saw it). It seems we have to just avoid SciFi altogether to avoid getting spoiled. The first three seasons were really good about not spoiling the big stuff, but jeez, this time they seem to tell us the big stuff long before we see it in the show. Are they going to reveal the final cylon in a next-episode-preview? At this point I wouldn't be surprised. All this spoilerage is really starting to tick me off. Between Callie's death being spoiled, the shooting on the Demetreus, and a few other more minor spoils, they're really sabotaging the shock/surprise factor I love about BSG. If I wanted spoilers, I'd hunt for them on the web, not in the previews.

Anyway, good episode. If this is what the rest of the season is like, it'll be a fun ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Yes!
        Spoiler:
        And Tigh saying "you dare accuse me" of what? What's Adama accusing him of? I desperately want to know! The two weeks is heartbreaking.....
        Spoiler:
        I believe he impregnated the six in captivity, which would be interesting considering they are both cylons

Comment

I don't think Natalie is dead, she got shot sure but:
          Spoiler:
          Promo for next week showed her going into surgery. Further, the discussion between Adama and Tigh looks pretty intense. Wonder if Six is pregnant. Maybe then Helo is the last Cylon and why Hera is so special and not Nicky. Hmm smells like retcon.
          When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

fyi, next monday, not the coming monday, but the one after, the 26th i think, is memorial day. And scifi always shows marathons on holiday weekends under the belief that 'no one is home so why waste a new episode'

hence the 2 week delay
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
              Spoiler:
              I believe he impregnated the six in captivity, which would be interesting considering they are both cylons
              Oh frak.....I didn't want to read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                Easily my favorite episode of the season, if not the entire series just because of the last five minutes. I mean wow...what more is there to say?

And the next one looks good,
                Spoiler:
                anyone else catch Tight punching Adama?
                That may just be Tigh's imagination, like how he imagined shooting Adama.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  fyi, next monday, not the coming monday, but the one after, the 26th i think, is memorial day. And scifi always shows marathons on holiday weekends under the belief that 'no one is home so why waste a new episode'

hence the 2 week delay
                  Blah....it's a holiday weekend up here this weekend and I'm sure the viewer base here is as large as it is down there... Besides, choosing to air it at 10pm on Friday nights isn't exactly conducive to people being home to watch it anyway.

/not griping at you, just at "the man"
                  //sigh
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, also, Baltar's new facial hair arrangement:

W.
                    T.
                    F.

Is he trying to look like a carny?
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm avoiding all the spoilers, so sorry if I sound like a retard ...

Yeah, it seems to me Adama is #1) realizing (finally) that at least some of the five are in his inner circle and #2) I'm kinda thinking he knows something's up with Tigh.

Actually, does anyone get the impression that Adama and Roslin are sorta getting the picture ... that there's getting to be less and less distinguishing features and less and less reasons to distinguish between humans and Cylons? If and when these Cylons lose resurrection capabilities IS there a difference? That was the point of that being so stressed, no?

I wonder if all the prophecy actually is about the Cylons, not so much the RTF.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Oh, also, Baltar's new facial hair arrangement:

W.
                        T.
                        F.

Is he trying to look like a carny?
                        Yeah. Baltar looked weird- I first sorta noticed it with Tori, but then when he was peering round the curtain at Roslin- my mum actually had to ask who it was, and I barely recognized him. He needs another change of look- but with his new predicament that doesn't seem likely to happen soon.

Poor Roslin. Stuck on a basestar with Baltar. And were Starbuck and Helo with them? I can't remember exactly who all was there.....

Edit: and I love that Zerak is stuck doing her dirty work. It's horrible, but I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Yeah. Baltar looked weird- I first sorta noticed it with Tori, but then when he was peering round the curtain at Roslin- my mum actually had to ask who it was, and I barely recognized him. He needs another change of look- but with his new predicament that doesn't seem likely to happen soon.

Poor Roslin. Stuck on a basestar with Baltar. And were Starbuck and Helo with them? I can't remember exactly who all was there.....
                          roslin
                          helo
                          kara
                          baltar
                          and random member of the galactica crew
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 17 May 2008, 04:48 AM.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Can't Gaeta get a nice Cylon leg, or even a Centurion leg? That would be kickass.

And why does Leoben always wear the same outfit, with the weird red sweater vest thing? Even the other models change clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Easily my favorite episode of the season, if not the entire series just because of the last five minutes. I mean wow...what more is there to say?

And the next one looks good,
                              Spoiler:
                              anyone else catch Tight punching Adama?
                              Spoiler:
                              Yup. Accused him of treason (or at least putting the fleet in danger), and got his ass handed to him for it. I'm wondering if poor ole' Adama is capable of handling Tigh's newfound Cylon strength. Hell, I was wondering why the Cylons didn't question how Anders was able to wrestle a female six to the ground (never mind the fact that he was once a pyramid player).

What I don't get is, the Raiders knew Anders was a Cylon. They scanned him, his eyes all went Cylon red, and backed off. The centurions don't have cylon detection powers? The Centurions all jumping on board with a plan to take hostages isn't surprising. Though I'm amazed they forgave the fact that they took the hybrid offline.

I'm thinking that the confrontation at the Opera House that Athena saw was a plot device to get Natalie into the position of a dying leader (assuming she actually dies). But then that doesn't explain why Six is seen picking up Hera and taking her into the room with of all people, Gaius Baltar.

I'm guessing in the coming weeks, something will happen and the rebels will join the Colonial Fleet permanently. I doubt though we'll keep the basestar, but with the Centurions involved in a plan to take the humans hostage, the question of actual ownership comes into question.

And can someone please explain this please? We've seen Cylons resurrected on basestars before, so why the need for a resurrection ship or for that matter a resurrection hub? It seems like a convenient plot device to destroy the Cylons ability to download. Granted, I'd love to see the face on Cavil when he finds out about this little gem of information, and it solves a major point of contention.

I almost thought that Natalie was going to say, "if we do this, we become as human as you".

The Quorum of the Twelve was a weak plot device. They were forced on us to help with Lee's plot. And then seeing the dead, clueless look in their faces. There was no connection. The emotions that Natalie supposedly saw in the Quorum were non-existent to the viewers.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                                [spoiler]I'm thinking that the confrontation at the Opera House that Athena saw was a plot device to get Natalie into the position of a dying leader (assuming she actually dies). But then that doesn't explain why Six is seen picking up Hera and taking her into the room with of all people, Gaius Baltar.
                                I'm wondering if the "Opera House" vision in this case, on Athena's part, was more a thing of paranoia than the vision actually being fulfilled- she had the shared dream the night before so it was fresh in her mind. If her kid just walks off, of course it's going to be the first thing she starts associating as she's looking for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X