Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
    I'm not quite getting why so many people seem to be unwilling to accept the explaination delivered on screen that Kara's visions weren't of a trinary star system but that the three flashing stars were in fact the three burning basestars, especially when the VFX people were so blatent and the dialogue so pointed that the gas giant and damaged basestar were the commet of her dialogue.
    exactly. Kara painted the wreckage scene with the basestars literally months ahead of time. also who is to say the final five are from earth? Maybe they traveled to earth and returned during the 12 year cylon war. Actually I think i just figured out the missing piece.

Kara thrace isn't a human, she is a hybrid like Hera. kara's mother is the fifth cylon, and fell in love with a guy on earth. Is that weird enough to work? She has part of her mother's memories of the previous trip to earth.

maybe not. definitely a good episode, and next week looks to be good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
      I have suspected for quite some time that the name of the 13th Tribe was Cylon. It is the only tribe that we have not been told the name of.
      What's the possibility of earth not populated with humans? And bam, hera and nick becomes adam & eve

Comment

Yikes!
        An episode in season four I actually...enjoyed?
        Perhaps because there was limited Tori, and no Tyrol or Tigh.
        I guess I was feeling inundated with all their melodrama.
        Some moments did drag for me and others felt like they were missing something but all in all its got me feeling good about next weeks episode.

Nice to finally see the other missing member of the four, Anders. The look on his face while all the others were discussing the final five and their relationship to earth was indeed priceless. I was surprised at the lack of fuss made over Anders shooting Gaeta in the leg, surely he'll get some flack for that in the future then?

I'm sure why, but after this episode I felt that Gaeta couldn't be the final cylon. I couldn't say what made me drop him out of the running, but now I am convinced that he is not a Cylon.
        "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Starbuck did not annoy me for once this season. I was getting very tired of the bug eyed crazy look and I rather sympathized with her in the hybrid scenes. It seemed a little strange to me that no one else seemed to ract to "Kara Thrace will be the harbringer of death" bit given they discussed the rest of the sentence preceeding it. If they take the hybrid's statement on face value as they appeared to, shouldn't they take all of it?
          In the beginning of all the excited chatter about unboxing the 3's to find out about the 5's who know the way to earth, Leoben (I think it was Leoben) mentions "Kara will lead us to our end" or some such thing. Yes, rather glossed over, but sorta mentioned.

Speaking of not seeing people, while I was happy to do without Baltar, anyone wondering where Lee is given that RDM kept saying how much Lee came into his own when they took him out of the uniform? At least when they lost Lee in the second half of season 2 and three... they didn't physically misplace Jamie Bamber.
          Amen to the Baltar thing.
          I'm sure we'll see more of Lee, we just have to.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
            exactly. Kara painted the wreckage scene with the basestars literally months ahead of time. also who is to say the final five are from earth? Maybe they traveled to earth and returned during the 12 year cylon war. Actually I think i just figured out the missing piece.

Kara thrace isn't a human, she is a hybrid like Hera. kara's mother is the fifth cylon, and fell in love with a guy on earth. Is that weird enough to work? She has part of her mother's memories of the previous trip to earth.

maybe not. definitely a good episode, and next week looks to be good as well.
            Ooooh........I hadn't thought of that. It makes for a much better story than her being a Cylon. But I odn't think her mother is the final cylon. I reckon Leoban might just be her father. I know it's gross and they've already mentioned her father before (he was a painist or something right?) But you know.....he could have just been someone that kara believed was her father.

EDIT: wait wait......I'd like to add to that theory. It could also be Tigh.........I mean they quite similar in a lot of ways and they sometimes seem to have a sort of Father/Daughter relationship.........albeit quite a disfunctional one.
            Last edited by P-90_177; 10 May 2008, 10:23 AM.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Ooooh........I hadn't thought of that. It makes for a much better story than her being a Cylon. But I odn't think her mother is the final cylon. I reckon Leoban might just be her father. I know it's gross and they've already mentioned her father before (he was a painist or something right?) But you know.....he could have just been someone that kara believed was her father.

EDIT: wait wait......I'd like to add to that theory. It could also be Tigh.........I mean they quite similar in a lot of ways and they sometimes seem to have a sort of Father/Daughter relationship.........albeit quite a disfunctional one.
              Ew. Tigh? Leoben????? (please no to that one) That would be weird. But it would be interesting if her mother was a cylon, her father was a cylon and she was the only child born of two cylons.....and perhaps it had some reason for the final five separating from the significant seven- if she was the child of Tigh and her mother, rather than Leoben. Which no. Ew.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                .........I mean they quite similar in a lot of ways and they sometimes seem to have a sort of Father/Daughter relationship.........albeit quite a disfunctional one.
                Yeah... the whole stabbing to death 5 times thing might put a damper on the father/daughter bonding...

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                  Yeah... the whole stabbing to death 5 times thing might put a damper on the father/daughter bonding...
                  Not to mention his sexual fascination with her.....and her white paint dream. Yeah. That's just gross. Leoben is not going to pull a Vader.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Not to mention his sexual fascination with her.....and her white paint dream. Yeah. That's just gross. Leoben is not going to pull a Vader.
                    I do hope that never comes to pass. of course kara's mother does fail one test of the last cylon. she is dead and not with the fleet.

Though Kara's father being a cylon is a possibility still, as long as it isn't leobon or cavil.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Poor Gaeta. If he does he and Tigh can wander around like pirates together.
                      I'd pay to see that. Anywho, loved this episode after last weeks quite slow ep. Liked more or less, everything about it.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Loved this episode. Easily the best of season 4. I am wondering if it was so good in part due to the absence of Lee (I do not like his new "political" character), Tigh, Baltar (minus the voice in box) and limited Tori. They have become my least liked characters, since the end of season 3. Oh yeah and throw the Chief into that group. His total insanity mode has me gagging.

That being said the storylines in this episode were awesome. Very intense and very touching (the cancer line).

I can honestly say that coming into this weeks episode I was not very excited, that is to say my expectations had been subdued to the point where if my guild in WoW needed me to help out in a raid or BG premade, I might have gone and then watched BSG on TIVO.....

Now however I am very excited for next week's eppy

Comment

Ok episode but somethings don't make sense. Sam shot a guy and there's no punishment for it? If he's walking around scot-free next, I'll be more pissed.

Poor Greta, Why couldn't they jump to the RTF drop him off and then comeback? They had 14 hours.

The 6, I never did nothing to them and all that. Your race nearly annihilated them, and you expect them not to hold a grudge?

Comment

Good episode. We're finally seeing some payoff for 5 episodes of setup.

I must admit, I didn't recognize Nana Vistor. But looking at the boat scene again, that's definitely her. According to a web search, she's 51, and looks pretty good for a 51-year-old!

My pet theory is that Earth and the 12 colonies were part of the previous cycle, and that the Earthlings lost (and were driven far away, like the RTF is now). The conflict devastated Kobol, which is why the 12 colonies left. The Earthlings (who I'm now guessing are the previous cycle's cylons) devised a plan to rid themselves of their foe. However, it would take far too long and be too risky to simply build themselves up, and destroy the 12 colonies themselves. Thus they made the final 5 (or maybe they were volunteers). These headed out to Colonial space, integrated themselves into the society, then set about to create the cylons. The idea was to get the colonials to be destroyed by the cylons (who would then destroy themselves in a civil war). Their first attempt failed (the first Cylon War), so they created the humanoid cylons, who succeeded. But, as they realized, this just means there is another power who could be a threat (the cylons), so they programmed them in a way to self-destruct once the colonials were defeated (the civil war we're now seeing). But even this wouldn't get all of them, thus the whole idea of finding Earth. The survivors of the colonials and the cylon civil war would be led to Earth, following the markers left by the 5 millenia ago

The cylons are very worried about the colonials rising up again and hunting them once more. This could be a direct result of the Earthling's fear of having done to them what they were doing to the colonials, thus programming the need to steer the survivors to Earth for final dispatching, or to destroy them in-place. Of course, that could prove risky, as the colonials/7 cylons might catch wind of what's really happening and attack Earth in force. Better to use a planet like Earth as a trap instead, making the colonials/cylons think that's where the 13th tribe went when they really went somewhere else (and are waiting for the RTF/Cylon survivors to reach Earth)

An interesting tidbit, was the bioweapon from season 3 the Final 5's first attempt to wipe out the colonials? But it failed, making the colonials immune, thus why they weren't affected when the probe was found? Could it be related to why it took the Colonials to build up their industry/fleet again? After all, a species that can go from Kobol to Caprica would need something very nasty to happen to it to "forget" all that know-how and require thousands of years to reach Cylon-making capability again.

If any/all of my theory is correct, then what is Kara and how does she fit in? What is the meaning of the two Human/Cylon children? Are the Earthlings actively involved in the final stages of the plan (thus providing Kara with the new Viper)? Is anyone really "human", or are they all simply bioengineered constructs that figured out how to reproduce? Did the "plan" take too long to execute, and the Earthlings might not be expecting them to arrive? How did the Final Five propagate themselves over thousands of years?

Actually, if the Final Five are from Earth (and left the markers on the way), then that implies that they are thousands of years old, how would they ensure no one caught on that they didn't age? Or do they get old and download themselves into a younger body periodically to avoid suspicion?

One final thought: If Helo is a Final Five member, then the human/cylon children could be how the Final Five propagate themselves. The two kids could be the first of the next generation of the Final Five. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I'm sure every colonial who's been on a Basestar has stuck their hand in the water to see if anything happens.
                              Did Baltar, actually? Dunno about Bulldog obviously.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                                Did Baltar, actually? Dunno about Bulldog obviously.
                                About 80% sure that he did.....it actually might have been in one of the deleted scenes though.

Comment

Working...
                                X