Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    or, children of the one reborn....roslyn 'dies' of her cancer and is resurrected, probably by cylon tech, and she and 'dad' (adama) lead their 'children' (the fleet) to a new life on earth
    i've had another thought on this line and it's importance.

looking at the christian religion right now, Jesus was reborn and by doing so enabled his children to enter the kingdom of heaven.

now is it me or is Balter being reborn into something of a religuous leader and his children will be his followers and only they will be allowed onto earth

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
      The dying leader COULD be Baltar. Since he has fashioned himself as a *religious* leader. And he certainly needs redeeming...
      I agree. There has to be a twist depriving Roslin of her "destiny". Although in the final episode it'll probably twist back again of course.
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

1. Why hasn't Roslyn simply done another injection of Hera's blood? Why hasn't this been addressed?

2. Why did Kara not siply start by returning to the Ionian Nebula, where she could "hear" it clearly?

Ok, 3:

3. Wo the heck has been taking care of Hera?
        1. I'm assuming the parents won't allow it? I'd have thought they'd rise above what'd happened and show the president some real compassion.

2. Seems such a simple question doesn't it? I'm surprised it's not been mentioned before.

3. Again that's a top question. There was absolutely no reason for Helo to go when Gaeta was going too. Although Adama was probably relying on Helo to keep Starbuck in line. As for Athena; there's no reason she needed to go. In Adama's place I'd prevent her from volunteering.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
          Hell, I would've shot Gaeta too, the whiny girl. Tell you who I really hate though, and that is Seelix. What an arrogant, narrow-minded harpy. She'll be next to bite the space dust.
          Whiny girl? Harpy? I frakin love Aussies

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
          ... and maybe Seelix was experiencing a little PMS in this episode.
          You were doing well up to there mate
          Last edited by Mongoletsi; 13 May 2008, 01:29 PM. Reason: Unduplicationerizingsaywhamofo?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            [Gaeta, Airlocked]
            Heh, I really really don't like the idea of Gaeta being The Fifth, and I think it's unlikely anyway. However do remember that it was Tyrol who ultimately stopped Gaeta being flushed... the final five can't hurt another, I'm sure the Hybrid said?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              when you don't like a male character and call him a "whiny girl" as insult, frankly you're insulting girls. When you don't like a female character you're calling her a "harpy" you're still insulting girls.
              Etymology was never my forte. But come on, you might as well say that if I call a character a bi*** then I'm insulting dogs. And engendering words that are used as derogatory is not recommended. Anyone can be a dick head, but that doesn't take a potshot at men in general. Perhaps I tread a fine line, but I know my limits.

As for the PMS comment, no doubt a clichéd male chauvinistic expression on my part. Then again it is a natural physiological occurrence in all women, marked by irritability, tension, and unhappiness. So it's not as if my speculations are baseless. Nor are yours, as I have pointed out. So here's where we draw the truce line. And I apologize sincerely if I have offended yourself or any other forum poster on here. I will do well to curb my flagrant use of words in future.

My bottom line is, though, Gaeta can lose a leg, an eye, or even a life, and I wouldn't miss it. And Seelix... let's just say I believe there are many other female characters on the show that garner greater respect than her.
              Last edited by Dusk; 13 May 2008, 06:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                I thought that. But in practical terms it's impossible they be the sole progenitors of this cycle of "humanity".
                Not quite, If they are anywhere near the creationist theory of human decent, then supposedly Nick and Hera have a very complex strain of DNA. Being cylons and the new generation of gods children, it is quite possible that their cylon DNA is sufficient for their decedents to "procreate" without the usual DNA degradation/mutation from incest. (In fact DNA degradation from Incest actually didn't happen until about 2000 years ago, before then most family's that married "in" supposedly went without many physical issues their entire lives.

That would explain the blood platelets of the colonials being different from the round ones that we know of. perhaps we ourselves are part machine.

My Leading theory is that the humans and cylons find an empty earth, and as a result from mixed interbreeding or a virus, they "devolve" into cavemen and lose all form of sanity. It would be natural for all forms of technology if left unattended to degrade, rust then perish over the years. (Anyone remember the story about the Myan battery?)

The only other outcome besides finding a star trek type earth is a galactica 1980-esque earth or at least 1920. That way the colonials could secretly integrate their technology with earth and stuff like that. If not, then I am looking forward to seeing Lee Adama in a suit and tie meet the President in his suit and tie and wonder if they were spying on the colonials and adopting their way of dress.

((PPS, The suit and tie deal along with the WWII era microphones on galactica leads me to believe that we will NOT find earth as it is today.)) Either that, or make way Christianity and Islam, the Lords of Kobol are coming...

-------
                Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Was the gas giant Jupiter? I know she'd said gas giant before, but as far as we know (in RL I mean) gas giants are pretty common...
                -------------------
                That is impossible, our solar system doesn't have a binary star system.

However, after seeing the gas planet in the zoom to earth, I can reasonably assume that by looking at the planet we the viewers know where earth is. (Sorta like the constilations)
                Last edited by Chev's Ron; 13 May 2008, 05:59 PM.
                Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                -----------------------------------------------
                I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by salmidach View Post
                  ...looking at the christian religion right now, Jesus was reborn and by doing so enabled his children to enter the kingdom of heaven.
                  Errr... no.

Jesus died on the Cross, conquering sin by taking the punishment destined for those who believe in Christ- that is: Humiliation and separation from God (Jesus is a personal aspect of God in Christian theology, meaning that God himself humiliated and shunned Himself so as to take the punishment established for those who would have otherwise been lost).

Jesus in doing this fulfilled every type and shadow, every prophesy involving the Messiah saving the sinners and fulfilling the Covenant between God and man unto a new Covenant.

The Resurrection was the final stroke. The final note in the salvation chorus.

In Resurrection, Christ proved Himself God the Messiah.
                  He conquered death, establishing that death is of no concern for the believer.
                  He became the example to assure each believer of their own pending resurrection.

People are said to be able to enter heaven because of the sacrifice and death of Jesus Christ on the Cross as the act of taking the punishment the believing sinner deserved.

Just needed to clarify the theology here...

Comment

[Agreed, thankfully all of us BSGers can voice our opinions on the subject of spirituality Like I said earlier, I enjoy the constant deep theology questions both for and against God on the show. It still hasn't shaken both my faith, personal experiances, etc. Neither are my secular friends bothered by the religious aspect of the show, they just see it as a great fantasy. Sometimes the best fantasy is reality mixed with the imagination, and that is "BS"G lol. DRM is the best scifi writer that I can think of.

Heh, I got science and evidence that points to the one we both know... and some clam vice versa...
                    ---------------------------
                    Anyway..., since the Lords of Kobol are probialy more on the minds of those surfing the forums, I thought I would add a couple of things to my previous post.

1. Kara being the harbinger of Death I take as her being the bringer of death to the cylon-colonial cycle.

2. Leoben and Kara will present a continuing problem for anders. (Although when Anders is outed Kara might go balistic.) Though not as much since she is actually looking forward to meeting the 5 to lead her to earth..

((Anders... Sweetie. Is there any secrets that you have been keeping from me.. I am your wife you know.))

3. With Adama's "sudden" belief in the god(s), does that mean that we will see a less... shall we say gloomy adama? Does he now have more hope for humanities future?

4. With the hybrid spouting off... The Light of Gods flame... or something like that before she started talking fluently, was she talking about kara being the light of gods flame... and the harbringer of death, or Six-Baltar?

5. I wonder if the "sixes" are the only lesbian cylon models. Despite various personality differences we have seen, some traits are common and almost an unchangable fact among models. Just a thought.

6. I doubt the fleet will enjoy looking out their windows and seeing raiders flying parol with their vipers. (No one would forget new caprica)
                    Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron
                      5. I wonder if the "sixes" are the only lesbian cylon models. Despite various personality differences we have seen, some traits are common and almost an unchangable fact among models. Just a thought.
                      I believe the Cylons are not as rigid in their sexuality as we, or even the Colonials, are. I doubt they would think in terms of gay or straight. For them, the thrill is in the sensual experience, regardless of social stigmas. Perhaps this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't read most of this thread, so please forgive me if this topic has already been brought up and discussed to death.

What did Leoban say to Anders in the raptor right after Starbuck said they where in the right place and she could hear the noise? Because to me it sounded like Leoban said if Anders heard it too, than Starbuck was like him. Am I insane?
                        "You'll be the most unpopular robot fighter since Sergeant Feces Processor."

sigpic

God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                          [Agreed, thankfully all of us BSGers can voice our opinions on the subject of spirituality Like I said earlier, I enjoy the constant deep theology questions both for and against God on the show. It still hasn't shaken both my faith, personal experiances, etc. Neither are my secular friends bothered by the religious aspect of the show, they just see it as a great fantasy. Sometimes the best fantasy is reality mixed with the imagination, and that is "BS"G lol. DRM is the best scifi writer that I can think of.

Heh, I got science and evidence that points to the one we both know... and some clam vice versa...
                          ---------------------------
                          Anyway..., since the Lords of Kobol are probialy more on the minds of those surfing the forums, I thought I would add a couple of things to my previous post.

1. Kara being the harbinger of Death I take as her being the bringer of death to the cylon-colonial cycle.

2. Leoben and Kara will present a continuing problem for anders. (Although when Anders is outed Kara might go balistic.) Though not as much since she is actually looking forward to meeting the 5 to lead her to earth..

((Anders... Sweetie. Is there any secrets that you have been keeping from me.. I am your wife you know.))

3. With Adama's "sudden" belief in the god(s), does that mean that we will see a less... shall we say gloomy adama? Does he now have more hope for humanities future?

4. With the hybrid spouting off... The Light of Gods flame... or something like that before she started talking fluently, was she talking about kara being the light of gods flame... and the harbringer of death, or Six-Baltar?

6. I doubt the fleet will enjoy looking out their windows and seeing raiders flying parol with their vipers. (No one would forget new caprica)
                          1. I like it, and agree.

2. Wouldn't it be weird if after all this time, with Lee, and Anders, if Starbuck ended up with Leoben- and I don't necessarily mean in a sexual or romantic sense (though there is a certain level of that) so much as spiritually and emotionally, he was the one she "chose"(yes, I hate it on shows where the character "chooses" who she/he's going to be with, but I'm not sure how else to phrase this), rather than the other two who she thinks are human right now. That certainly looks like the direction she's headed in at the moment. Right now I'm getting (more than ever) that she and Leoben are made for each other in so many ways, though not talking in a "shippy" sense, as such.

3. I don't think Adama believes believes. I think that at this point he believes in the possibility of there being something more, which he was never open to in the past. He went along with Roslin's visions because there was indeed evidence supporting her beliefs. I think he's at the point now where he'd go along with it without evidence. But he's doesn't truly firmly believe in anything beyond in the sense that so many of the other characters do, not yet anyway that we've seen any evidence to.

5. I think we can pretty much assume that none of the models hold any reservations in terms of sexuality- they don't box* themselves in to certain categories. D'Anna slept with Six, Boomer is sleeping with Cavil (presumably), which looks icky to us, but they don't care.

Originally posted by pristinaheather View Post
                          I didn't read most of this thread, so please forgive me if this topic has already been brought up and discussed to death.

What did Leoban say to Anders in the raptor right after Starbuck said they where in the right place and she could hear the noise? Because to me it sounded like Leoban said if Anders heard it too, than Starbuck was like him. Am I insane?
                          I've watched the episode three times now, rewound that particular scene probably six, and I'm still not sure what he's saying. Hoping the podcast will clarify- or if anyone here knows!

*Edit: that was unintentional

Comment

1. Insanity on the Demitrius. Is shooting each other on the bridge really a good idea?

2. Messy stuff on the base ship, old grudges die hard but that's halfway understandable though still annoying.

3. "The missing 3 will give you the Five". I filed that down as they'll need the help of Caprica Six, Athena and one other Cylon infiltrator yet to be found to ID the Final Five. Forgot about D'Anna but that works as well.

4. The Final Five can find Earth? Er...it's the first they've known about it!

5. Surprised Roslin's taking Baltar's ramblings halfway seriously but as has been said before, the Admiral will have bigger fish to fry soon enough!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by pristinaheather View Post

I wodered about that too. That is on my agenda to figure out when I go back and watch tomorrow night.

Comment

I wodered about that too. That is on my agenda to figure out when I go back and watch tomorrow night.
                                Few not you.

<something> struck music vibrates in all of us. Few can hear it, Kara is one of the few.

Comment

Working...
                                X