Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
    Sheesh... I need to catch up on posts before *I* post again.

I have a hard time believing the story is going to unfold in such a predictable manner as to have Rosyln turn out to be the dying leader, "as expected." Even a newbie watching for the first time this season could guess that one. Every part of the series has had very serious twists, coming out of left field. Baltar as the dying leader is a good candidate for season 4.

Now, will someone PLEASE answer me two questions;

1. Why hasn't Roslyn simply done another injection of Hera's blood? Why hasn't this been addressed?

2. Why did Kara not siply start by returning to the Ionian Nebula, where she could "hear" it clearly?

Ok, 3:

3. Wo the heck has been taking care of Hera?

-have u considered lee as a candidate for dying leader?- after all hes in the gov now

1. and 2. i think its just more of an assumption that thats what occured. like she probably tried that or discovered it wouldnt work again... like she built up and immunity or tolerance for that treatment.......... 2. im sure she either went back there 1st or went in that general direction of where it would help her to "hear" it better

3. good point... maybe... ummm... a cousin? -haha
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Hell, I would've shot Gaeta too, the whiny girl. Tell you who I really hate though, and that is Seelix. What an arrogant, narrow-minded harpy. She'll be next to bite the space dust.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
        Hell, I would've shot Gaeta too, the whiny girl. Tell you who I really hate though, and that is Seelix. What an arrogant, narrow-minded harpy. She'll be next to bite the space dust.
        A "whiny girl" and an "arrogant narrow-minded harpy"? (I'll leave those, because that is an unrelated rant all in itself, and if you can't figure out what's derogatory about your labeling, well.....I'm not going to change your mind)

First of all, Gaeta. From his perspective. The guy wants to jump them back to the fleet because they are about to go on a stupid foolish mission that looks like a trap led by a woman who tried to have him jettisoned out an airlock just so she could feel better about herself, and now from his perspective looks like she could very well be a cylon. And he's a "whiny girl"?

Seelix. From her perspective. Again, she sees a woman who looks like a cylon who wants to follow a known cylon who she has been influenced by in the past into what looks like a trap that will kill them all. We as viewers don't see that because we like Starbuck- she's the hero of the story. But from Seelix's perspective, Gaeta's perspective, anyone who isn't her close buddy, that's not the case. Yet somehow she's a harpy? For having a sense of self preservation? These characters are reacting the way they are because all of their lives are at stake. And frak following orders when the orders are coming from someone who isn't fit to be in command.

Sgt. Mattias was just killed by Leoben's heavy raider. Why wouldn't they complain and fight against the orders especially since Kara's situation is so suspicious as it is? She was not acting like a commander in sound mind and judgment during the two months aboard Demetrius, and honestly, if I were in that position I'd rather go back to Adama as a mutineer then go on the half-baked basestar hunt walking into a cylon civil war that may or may not exist and either way is likely to get me killed (and it did get both Barolay and Mattias killed).

Comment

This line from the hybrid will have strong meaning surely

"the children of the one reborn, shall find their own country"

Children of the one reborn, surely this is the children of the cylons, both hera and the child of tyrol will find their own country?

could it be that the only 2 too find earth will be the two children (adam and eve) and these two will start the whole process off again.

maybe there is an agreement by both sides that neither can settle on earth and agree that only the two children could
          Last edited by salmidach; 13 May 2008, 07:12 AM. Reason: thought of a different idea

Comment

Haha, calm down Trek_Girl42, I didn't mean for my comments to be taken so literally. I completely see the logical characterization of Gaeta and Seelix, and really only passed harsh judgment on the two because I dislike them in general. That, and I wanted to be a tad facetious. I have no doubt an explosive round to the leg would be immensely painful, and maybe Seelix was experiencing a little PMS in this episode. Hell, who knows. It's all part of the fun I guess.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              First of all, Gaeta. From his perspective. The guy wants to jump them back to the fleet because they are about to go on a stupid foolish mission that looks like a trap led by a woman who tried to have him jettisoned out an airlock just so she could feel better about herself, and now from his perspective looks like she could very well be a cylon. And he's a "whiny girl"?

Seelix. From her perspective. Again, she sees a woman who looks like a cylon who wants to follow a known cylon who she has been influenced by in the past into what looks like a trap that will kill them all. We as viewers don't see that because we like Starbuck- she's the hero of the story. But from Seelix's perspective, Gaeta's perspective, anyone who isn't her close buddy, that's not the case. Yet somehow she's a harpy? For having a sense of self preservation? These characters are reacting the way they are because all of their lives are at stake. And frak following orders when the orders are coming from someone who isn't fit to be in command.

Sgt. Mattias was just killed by Leoben's heavy raider. Why wouldn't they complain and fight against the orders especially since Kara's situation is so suspicious as it is? She was not acting like a commander in sound mind and judgment during the two months aboard Demetrius, and honestly, if I were in that position I'd rather go back to Adama as a mutineer then go on the half-baked basestar hunt walking into a cylon civil war that may or may not exist and either way is likely to get me killed (and it did get both Barolay and Mattias killed).
              Stressing comments in bold by me... I agree. Seelix and Felix were voicing concerns, albeit in a frustrated, I-have-no-authority, sort of way. Um, because Starbuck was frakkin' nuts?!?!

Not until Anders shot Gaeta and Helo attempted to relieve her of command did she seem to snap out of it. It's like a switch went off and she decided not to risk the entire crew listening to the reservations her XO and managed a compromise.
              Last edited by Pic; 13 May 2008, 07:13 AM. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

maybe Seelix was experiencing a little PMS in this episode. Hell, who knows. It's all part of the fun I guess.
                uhh... Pretending to be a Macho Stud???
                I didn't see any of that from Seelix. Now, Anders...

Comment

YAY

Finally an episode that is moving things along IMHO.

One thing I have noticed in all the reading I have done in this Seasons folder ...MYSELF included...if a person likes a character...we can justify any action they take

So anyway. I was very happy with the Demitrius aspect of this episode. Things moved along, the story line moved along we had some new questions pop up BUT we also got some answers as well. THAT is what I have been looking forward to from BSG.

To be quite honest after the first scene with Roslin and the lady with cancer...I picked up my book and read through every single one of their scenes. I was bored after that first over the top scene. I did try to get back into their by play when things came back around to them but ....nope ended up being more interested in what was going on in the book I was reading...until the Kara/Demetrius/Basestar story came back.

Sharon was great. The eye opening moment for the Eights when Sharon told them that the fact that they didn't stick when things got bad and instead they constantly *flipped from side to side* was thier downfall was priceless.

Anders wanting so badly to place his hand in the goo.... great moment
                  Kara and the Hybrid...so good.... the Hybrids words...is Kara the harbinger of death for the humans....or the cylons??? mmmmm

Kara being Kara was nice to see again. Anders being Emo (boring) and yet finally being curious about the cylons was interesting. The Main Six willing to accept that they too have flaws mentally and killing the other six.... intriguing to say the least. Geata...meh....his character lost my respect the day he sat on the witness stand and lied about the death list. If a character always acts as if he *deserves* the respect...rather than tries to earn it...meh. Geata has become that in my eyes. regardless of his good deeds...he was willing to do whatever he could to kill a person ...he was no better than those he refused to plead with to spare him in the airlock. The fact he wouldn't plead....makes an even bigger mockery of human life. He thinks himself above things because he made the sacrifice and he stated his case calmly no need to be irrational. He ...meh So that kept it very interesting

Overall I sat there and just said outloud after it was all over...FinallY!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Haha, calm down Trek_Girl42, I didn't mean for my comments to be taken so literally. I completely see the logical characterization of Gaeta and Seelix, and really only passed harsh judgment on the two because I dislike them in general. That, and I wanted to be a tad facetious. I have no doubt an explosive round to the leg would be immensely painful, and maybe Seelix was experiencing a little PMS in this episode. Hell, who knows. It's all part of the fun I guess.
                    And it continues. When a the girl gets frustrated she has "PMS"? Try "SPS" (self preservation syndrome). Dusk, could you please look at the words you're using? There's nothing wrong with expressing distaste for the characters you mentioned, but when you don't like a male character and call him a "whiny girl" as insult, frankly you're insulting girls. When you don't like a female character you're calling her a "harpy" you're still insulting girls. (and yes, a LOT of people do it, I'm sure unintentionally, but it's not right) It takes away from your initial point and yes, made me very mad. /OT rant

Pic-CollSwan-

And back to the ep at hand.....
                    Stressing comments in bold by me... I agree. Seelix and Felix were voicing concerns, albeit in a frustrated, I-have-no-authority, sort of way. Um, because Starbuck was frakkin' nuts?!?!

Not until Anders shot Gaeta and Helo attempted to relieve her of command did she seem to snap out of it. It's like a switch went off and she decided not to risk the entire crew listening to the reservations her XO and managed a compromise.
                    Exactly. Shame it took a bullet for her to get the picture- I hope she actually realizes this if Gaeta loses his leg.....she'd better not just ignore the whole thing. But then we saw Happy "Boss I Found Earth" Starbuck when she spotted the "comet" and it's easy to forget that's what it took to get to this point.....

Also, regarding the whole no punishment for Anders, they're probably just waiting to get back to the fleet to let Adama sort them out- frankly they have ALL done things on this mission that could potentially earn a little R&R in Galactica's brig (I don't get why going to the brig sounds like such a bad thing at this point- it's their equivalent of vacation! ), so Adama will probably hand out one of those little pardons that have been flowing so freely.....though still with a possible exception to Anders. However Adama is going to be more than a little busy with "What's Coming to Dinner".

Comment

Originally posted by salmidach View Post
                      This line from the hybrid will have strong meaning surely

"the children of the one reborn, shall find their own country"

Children of the one reborn, surely this is the children of the cylons, both hera and the child of tyrol will find their own country?

could it be that the only 2 too find earth will be the two children (adam and eve) and these two will start the whole process off again.

maybe there is an agreement by both sides that neither can settle on earth and agree that only the two children could
                      or, children of the one reborn....roslyn 'dies' of her cancer and is resurrected, probably by cylon tech, and she and 'dad' (adama) lead their 'children' (the fleet) to a new life on earth
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

... Don't forget what the Razor Hybrid said: "...not an end, but a beggining."
                        So, the Harbinger of death who will lead them to their end... may be rather, the harbinger of hope who will lead them to their begining!

Comment

I've just skimmed over most of this thread, and seen this issue tossed back and forth. I don't know if anything definitive has been reached, but I thought I would throw in my $0.02.

The planet is not Jupiter. Not even close. For a variety of technical reasons I will gladly get into if anyone pokes me about it.

Nor is it any other body in Earth's Solar System.
                          "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaWhiskey View Post
                            I've just skimmed over most of this thread, and seen this issue tossed back and forth. I don't know if anything definitive has been reached, but I thought I would throw in my $0.02.

The planet is not Jupiter. Not even close. For a variety of technical reasons I will gladly get into if anyone pokes me about it.

Nor is it any other body in Earth's Solar System.
                            Don't worry - you're absolutely right.
                            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by somedude View Post
                              You would think that a civilization that can build FTL drives and massive spaceships, they would have better medical technology. Hope Gaeta gets a nice cybernetic leg. =)
                              You'd think that a country with more nuclear firepower than the rest of the world, one that practically owns outer space, has been to the moon, sent probes beyond the known limits of space, has computers that can out think humans, has science equipment that can create micro black holes... that we, America, would have cured cancer, AIDs, etc. by now. Let's face it, medicine is not our priority right now. I guess the colonies had the same vice.

Comment

Most characters on this show have been whiny at one point or another. For god's sake, Kara threw a temper tantrum until she got her way. Better get rid of anyone that is human then, toss 'em out the ole airlock.
                                When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

Working...
                                X