Six of One (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    So the title is apparently from the phrase "Six of one, half dozen of the other", or describing two things that are really the same or equal. What specifically do you think they were referencing in the ep?
    in the sense that humans, cylons, same thing (conscious ie. living self-aware beings)

or maybe the allusion to that idiom was a superficial one, because it sounded nice -
    and the episode did focus on a #6

could also be an even more superficial reference - to Seven of Nine of the ST-verse ?

Comment

btw I doubt Natalie could be Gina resurrected (ohterwise, why the name change ?)

also if Baltar's holo-double really was the same head-Baltar we know (apparently it was) then it's safe to say that those "virtual copies" are separate, sentient beings and not mere manifestations of their corporeal counterparts' subconscious or whatever (thank the gods for that -)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        So the title is apparently from the phrase "Six of one, half dozen of the other", or describing two things that are really the same or equal. What specifically do you think they were referencing in the ep?
        I figured it was the six human-form Cylons on the basestars, as I'm pretty sure it's their decisions that are going to be more influential in the long run.

I could also be entirely wrong.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

• Literal - The episode centered around the conflict between the Six model and the One model
          • The Six model Split from the One Cylon collective and rounded up the other Centurion Cylons to foment a revolution.
          • There are now Six extant Skinjobs; leaving a half dozen of the others (The Final Five and the Boxed Deanna model).

Comment

anyone that didn't tear up during the lee departing scene has no soul ....quite possible the best thing their every done on the series

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              anyone that didn't tear up during the lee departing scene has no soul ....quite possible the best thing their every done on the series
              No one has mentioned the good-bye party scene (aside to comment on Racetrack's hotness), so I'm going to mention that I got teary there as well, and the whole drinking back the shots and the toasting was wonderful. I felt like holding up my own glass and toasting Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                No one has mentioned the good-bye party scene (aside to comment on Racetrack's hotness), so I'm going to mention that I got teary there as well, and the whole drinking back the shots and the toasting was wonderful. I felt like holding up my own glass and toasting Battlestar Galactica.
                now see i thought that was a funny scene ..... the only part that got me was lee getting chocked up when he said "husbands and wives

i think he realized what he lost with dee

Comment

?? I have a question....so if Boomer is hooking up with Cavil -Would he ask for the "swirl"?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                    Actually, I thought it was somewhat maudlin. It got to the point that I wondered if Lee was leaving the series because the send-off was so long. Everyone in the military was happy that the CAG was leaving their ranks while the war was still raging? Really? Dee gave him a hug in front of everyone even though he ruined their marriage? Really? Meh, it didn't ring true for me.

Comment

I think the real big news of this eppy is that Boomer is truly a individual....
                      She has broken the barrier that shocked all the Organic cylons. The Hardware
                      Cylons are following this pattern also.

I wouldn't be surprised that she goes for Imperious leader....since she is the
                      first to go against her sisters and think for herself. She has been hardcore Cylon
                      ever since she saw Athena and her baby. She is still a hero in the Cylon empire.
                      Cavil and the others most likely will support her.

Oh yeah.... babe Boomer in hot pants doing the ballet was just eye candy..
                      Last edited by dec55; 12 April 2008, 08:49 PM.
                      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Actually, I thought it was somewhat maudlin. It got to the point that I wondered if Lee was leaving the series because the send-off was so long. Everyone in the military was happy that the CAG was leaving their ranks while the war was still raging? Really? Dee gave him a hug in front of everyone even though he ruined their marriage? Really? Meh, it didn't ring true for me.
                        Thats what I thought too, and when you think about that Crappy union episode from last season where they made such a big deal about how unhappy people are with there lives its hard to believe the send off would have been that warm. The Scene also felt like the episode was short and they need to stretch it. Letting shots go on longer than normal 2 different going away ceremonies. And the music that has a sad Irish overtone to it was the only thing that made me sad Lee the CAG has been one of the worst characters on the show its when Lee shows other colors that he is the most likable for me. I look forward to the New Lee and have no regrets about losing the old one.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          No one has mentioned the good-bye party scene (aside to comment on Racetrack's hotness),
                          i did

Comment

see me i love lee ( as a character) and felt that the send off was wondeful and fiot the series very well.

in the ep "dirty hands" like it was brought up before people do now have the option to move to different jobs if they feel like it and leee did resign from the military so he has no obligation to stay

Comment

What will the Cylon's next move be? Can Natalie (the new Six) create a truce with the humans? Or will the Centurions kill every skinjob to reach their own freedom?
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The more I see Roslin fall deeper into the clutches of her illness, the more I worry that the writers will simply let her slip away to death, and it will all be pointless! There had better be some bigger plan for the President, or I will get angry.

Space Park is under repairs. Wooo! It's the little things we see that makes me praise Zoic more and more for their amazing visual effects sequences.

I am happy that Kara being locked in a cage wasn't dragged out for too long, as we've already had that plot with Roslin in season two.

Lee leaving was no big moment for me really, but now I understand what Jamie Bamber meant when he kept saying in interviews that he was sad his character was doing certain things for the last time.

Once again, scenes with Baltar tend to be mediocre, but certainly new interest begins to glimmer in the appearance of Head Baltar.

Ultimately, I am glad that we are back to regular installments of the show. But I can only say now that once we hit the middle season mark and there begins a long hiatus, I will likely go completely mad.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X