No announcement yet.

Six of One (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks in this thread already resorting to redding over essentially nothing.....how pathetically immature. Both on the part of those who initiate and those who retaliate.

Toasteronfire: Yikes! Right between.....way to go for the brutal symbolism.

I wonder what happened to the picture after that.....

Comment

Originally posted by BSG_Fan View Post
      Hey guys,

New member here!

Quick question. I missed the convo between Tori and Baltar after he told her "you should be thankful that have an abundance of feeling" cause I got an important phone call. What did they say?
      Welcome! I don't remember the exact words, but I think Baltar talked a bit about how after spending time with Cylons he realized they do feel, and that even though man created them, perhaps the Cylon's one true God was able to give them a soul. Maybe someone else remembers more accurately than that, but I think that was the gist of the conversation. Then they went back to what Baltar likes to do best.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Yeah, my least favorite bits were Baltar getting some action...again () and the Lee/Kara, Lee/Dee scenes. The quadrangle of doom last season really dissolved all of my interest in the latter. Blech.
      Yeah, I wonder what they are going to do with Dee this year. Though I'm not too interested in her after last season either. Meh.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      That was painful- they sure knew how to wound each other, yet I can't help but think yay! Cause they'll reconcile soon.....but then she'll die. Frak!

It went by so quick I wonder if I was imagining it, but was that picture Laura shot of her and Adama?

Please don't let that be an omen.....

I like the idea of a split story narrative with Starbuck heading to Earth one way, the fleet the other. And then there are the cylons....three way split storyline?
      I didn't catch that about the picture...oh, man. As if her impending death wasn't sad enough.

Yeah, maybe a three way split narrative. That'd be interesting. I can see them intercutting all the stories brilliantly.

Comment

A couple more gut reactions:

Holy crap - Racetrack is hot. And this from a straight girl! Hot Dog - not so much.

Head!Baltar was fascinating and amusing, but entirely random at this point. I was texting a friend during the commercials, and we both agreed on this. I loved it from the OMG-fangirling POV, but I really hope it goes somewhere.

The centurions frakked some s#!& up. And it was glorious. The whole Cylon Civil War (CCW anyone?) should be a good time - it feels vaguely like what I imagine the original Cylon War was, namely a time when the masters didn't respect the glorified toasters. Here's hoping the Sixes, Twos and (most of the) Eights treat them right.

And speaking of Eights - EW. SERIOUSLY. Pardon the caps, and I mean no disrespect to the Cavils, but really - GROSS.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
          yes thankfully they are pretty much divorced but I still dont like seeing Kara and Lee sappy crap I just hope with lee being off the galactica that we get to see Lampkin(sp?) the lawyer from the S3 finally again he was great >_>

Sadly I didnt catch the number but I wonder what they are going to do with the Cavils and what not box them like #3? infact I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring the xenabot back

oh and hopefully 6 and gang take a few pages from the human history book and dont treat their minions like crap
          Spoiler:
          In the teaser for the next episode, Natalie asks a centurion to do something, and then says, "please". I think the Cylons, at least the 8s, 6s, and 2s? are beginning to realize how human they've, as a species, have become, with all the good and the bad.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

So far, this season is starting off right IMO. Two very strong episodes. And next week's looks great as well. I can't wait to see what will go on with Kara's search, and the whole Cylon situation. Now that the Centurions can think for themselves, I wonder what will happen?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Am I missing something? What was with that 8 ballet dancing topless near the beginning?

Comment

if u remember one of the season 3 eps when baltar was walking around the basestar there was a nude 8 lost in formdancing also.

hm i wonder which side adama will end up believing in? the one true God or the multiple gods? tory now seems to have an interest in that one true God2. and we all know tyrol is a easy believer with how he felt in the temple of five. what will make tigh believe? maybe the healing of his eye?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                  what will make tigh believe? maybe the healing of his eye?
                  His uncanny ability to get Tori to do whatever he says.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Am I missing something? What was with that 8 ballet dancing topless near the beginning?
                    That reminded me of Irulan's dance/training-thing in the Dune miniseries.

Maybe it was Boomer and she and the "lead" Cavil are sexing it up. (eew)

Joy. I was right.

Can't wait until next week.

Comment

Man i absolutely love the prospects of a cylon civil war. The way Six mercilessly slaughtered One and the others. I can't wait for more.....BSG just got a lot more interesting.........

Comment

Head Baltar nothing better than yourself playing the devil on your shoulder. Also was that an apple in Baltar's hand(when he walked up to Tori)?

Comment

Well I guess I will be the first detractor posting

I completely LOVED the Lee/Kara scene. I thought it was poignant and well done. I personally have never had a problem with the Lee/Kara romance...but I hated the quadrangle of Doom.. now that Dee/Lee is effectively done..all that needs to happen is Sam and Kara be done. and Lee/Kara can go on with the UST. With that I will be a happy fan

Again I will be a detractor on Baltar
                          I was totally UN impressed with his whole Head baltar. All I thought was ...oh geez haven;t we had enough with the *people in Baltar's head* already... can't the man just be whacked all on his own???

The Cylon story line was intriguing and well done. But Sci-Fi had ruined any *climactic moment* by airing the shoot out in the promos, so I knew it was coming and I never got to feel the tension that I believe the writers hoped for.

The President..meh...for once I was uninspired by this performance. Although I think Adama made a very good point that the President is sticking to HER agenda to ensure she can believe herself as the dying leader and if Kara is proven right...Laura may have to re-think herself.

Lee leaving the Galactica was a nice scene for Lee. He is the reluctant moral compass of many on that ship and they will probably be sorely lacking without him. I hope the new story for him is just as intriguing as some of the others.

Adama and Kara. THAT was my favorite parts. The scene in the cell was intense and BOTH of them were truly believable for that moment. Then in the hanger bay..... excellent performance yet again..although I really wondered about that look shared between Helo and Adama when Kara was hugging him ..mmmmm????

Overall I completely enjoyed this episode
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

While by far better than the Second half of Season 3 I think BSG can do better.
                            The Bad:
                            The biggest issue I have is Adama turn about on Starbuck. I respect its and emotional decision but it just doesn't seem right with me. There is no reason at all to trust her it seems forced. And could Mary McDonnell could bemore disinterested and bored when starbuck was going crazy at the start of episode its like there is someone pointing a gun and me but this seems like a good time just space off for a bit. You could say its "the drugs" but it looks more like actress just didn't give a rat hide end to me.

The good: Cylons fighting I think we all see where this is going some Cylon civil war or such, but this has been coming for some time so no real surprise to be honest the Cylon story has been holding my attention is this episode better than the Fleet story.
                            The end of Emo Lee.
                            Lee implying the divorce of Dee(thank goodness)
                            The promise of More Tom Zarek.
                            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Am I the only one who felt like Lee and Kara's goodbye really was goodbye? Like it'll be the last time they ever see each other...

Really didn't like Head Baltar much, the scene would've worked just as well (if not better) had it been Head Six.

Felt so colossally sorry for Tory too. As a rule I really don't like her character, but that was tantamount to whoring herself out. That was very sad.

I really hope Tom Zarek shows up again before the end.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                she did the same thing in season 3 when baltar was on the base ship
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X