Six of One (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Dude, they've been trying to develop Baltar's character for like 3 years now, now he is back where he started.
    I think that's good. I mean to be honest despite all the bad things he's done I can't help but feel sorry for Baltar. So it's good to see things going well for him again.

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
    Man i absolutely love the prospects of a cylon civil war. The way Six mercilessly slaughtered One and the others. I can't wait for more.....BSG just got a lot more interesting.........
    I don't think natalie was expecting the level of brutality the centurions inflicted on the others to be honest. When they attacked she looked quite shocked.

Anyway I thought it was a great ep. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this stuff with the cylons play out esspecially now the centurions and raiders have free will. And we also got to find out that Kavil is 1 which I thought was interesting since he is the one that ardently believes they're nothing more than machines and I don't even think he believes in god like the others. He also seems the least human. The most set into his programming. I'm also looking forward to seeing how significant Boomer voting against her model was. However you can see why. Most of the 8's seem to be quite religious where as she isn't and she has all those experiences as a colonial officer unlike the others.

The stuff between Adama and Starbuck was great. A bit predictable though but that isn't neccesarily a bad thing. I think he definately came up with a good solution. Plus we get to see Helo and Starbuck working as a team again which should be awesome. Also the scenes with adama and roslin were great too. I really think the whole thing about Roslin not necesarily being the dieing leader that gets them to earth may be true in the end. But at the same time she has got them that far so who knows.

Lee leaving was so heart warming. It was an amazing moment. I know it's unlikely to happen but I'm hoping too that there'll be some great big battle at the end where he has to jump into a cockpit again with star buck on his wing. But not until right at the end.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Natalie?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Natalie?
        Ah sorry. Apparently this particular sixes name is natalie.

Comment

Since...when? Just curious...
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Since...when? Just curious...
            It hasn't been mentioned in an episode it was just something I read spoiler wise.............I don't think if it's much of a spoiler. Didn't really think about it when I wrote it........If you think it is a spoiler a I humbly apologise and I'll change it for others.

Comment

It's not a spoiler, it's been publicized left and right.

Anyway, yeah... this is probably going to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. Definitely the best since Maelstrom. I don't really like the comedic tone of the two Baltars, and I dislike seeing weird hybrid stuff because it's honestly too "sci-fi" for me. I basically watch for the character drama and the philosophical/metaphysical stuff. Somehow the concept of biological robots is fine with me, but a weird woman/robot laying in a tub isn't! But this episode really delivered on the character drama, with so many beautiful scenes between pairs of my favorite characters. Man, it was so great. *weepy*

Comment

My take...

Starbuck is great at being so sad... I knew that the Pres had a cold, detached, calculating side to her, but it seems extreme in the case of Starbuck handing her the gun and the Pres shooting!

The scene between the Old Man and the Pres was well done and very sad. You can only get that kind of bitterness between people in a long relationship.

I loved Baltar giving the head Baltar a second look like "who are you?" I don't know what it means (though I've long suspected that he is a cylon, but I'm still not 100% convinced). Maybe head Baltar is why the 'creepy cylon' music has stopped when head 6 appears.

Note: Remember, unless they've turned off the rebirthing chambers (and by the looks of the previews, they haven't), having the toasters shoot the other cylons is only the equivalent of a spanking... not lethal.

The cylons scenes could have been better if all the cylons talked, but most (I don't recall the #s) didn't or had small parts. It felt like the producers had shot a bunch of stock footage of those actors beforehand and inserted them this week. Either it was a case of bad writing (rare in BSG) or bad producing (also rare in BSG).

Questions: What about Athena and Helo's baby? Didn't the cylons decide a long time ago that the destruction of humanity was no longer a priority (otherwised they would have nuked New Caprica), so why did they attack the fleet (and nearly destroy them) last week?

Personal Predictions: Apollo and Starbuck get together by the end of series. The fleet finds Earth, but the writers take a Chariots of the Gods approach and Earth only has primitive societies (perhaps ancient Greece). The Eye of Jupiter is literally the dark spot in Jupiter and the dark spot is a wormhole that Starbuck went through.

Oh, and the most obvious prediction: the writers leave several hanging story lines, don't answer all the questions, and leave the fans wanting MORE! (Maybe BSG (2004) will end (and taking a cue from the orignal) BSG 1980 will begin! LOL)

Comment

Another great ep.

Loved 'head Baltar' + the cylon insurrection. Lee leaving was well done.
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Natalie?
                    it hasn't been seen on screen yet but Tricia has said her name is Natalie
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      it hasn't been seen on screen yet but Tricia has said her name is Natalie
                      Can Tom Zarek be the final cylon?

Comment

Originally posted by arch317 View Post
                        he seems to be on top of the fans list and that list is getting smaller
                        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 12 April 2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arch317 View Post
                          I think that would be one character I wouldn't mind being the final cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlesstartedit View Post

Personal Predictions: Apollo and Starbuck get together by the end of series. The fleet finds Earth, but the writers take a Chariots of the Gods approach and Earth only has primitive societies (perhaps ancient Greece). The Eye of Jupiter is literally the dark spot in Jupiter and the dark spot is a wormhole that Starbuck went through.
                            I think when they find earth, it will be a technological society. My only reasoning for that is at the end of last season, there was a shot of earth, and in the dark parts of the planet you could see lights from the cities.
                            If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                              I dislike seeing weird hybrid stuff because it's honestly too "sci-fi" for me. I basically watch for the character drama and the philosophical/metaphysical stuff. Somehow the concept of biological robots is fine with me, but a weird woman/robot laying in a tub isn't!
                              But what the hybrid said was such a lot of grist to mill in this episode. "They won't kill their own" was repeated many times. The only way that makes sense, to me, is to imply some kind of "solidarity" between the final five and the the Raiders/Centurions which played out later in the episode. It seems that the series is taking a decidedly Marxist turn in the direction of a "class struggle" between the "working class" Cylons--the Centurions and the Raiders, and a subset of the skinjobs (the "Cavils", "Dorals", and "Simons" all the "right-brained alpha males" by the way).

Don't you think it is interesting the the only way the Cavils appear to be able to impose societal order among the Cylons is to "dumb down" and oppress dissenters--boxing the Deanna models, removing the higher brain functions from the Centurions, lobotomizing the Raiders. Who's to say they haven't performed similar neuro-adjustments on the hybrids and the organic Basestars themselves?

Clearly the Cavil models are the authoritarian, paternal, and reactionary elements in the mix, bent on the destruction of the Colonials, giving only lip service to whatever the Cylons call the divine, and often giving way to their own seductive tendencies--Ellen Tigh on Caprica, for example, and, quite possibly, the nude Boomer being ogled by Cavil in this episode (perhaps that's why she came to break the tie among the voting Cylons). The attitude of the principal Cavil betokens an arrogance, hypocrisy, and susceptibility to weakness similar to the recent Eliot Spitzer controversy, among others. The Cylon plan alluded to in the opening quotations for every season except this one, appeared to be the Cavil plan, the elimination of the Colonials. Now some other plan is playing out, one larger, and, assumably, more "predestined".

With the Simon models as their medical "arm" the Cavils have managed to "mentally castrate" any opposing thoughts or voices. They are the very model of a modern totalitarian (although their tools are surgical, rather than control of mass media, education, and other means of transferring an oppressive culture from one generation to the next).

If the main voice of opposition is, in fact, a reincarnation of the Natalie model tortured on Pegasus, it would be an exquisite irony. The one skinjob that had arguably suffered the most at the hands of an oppressive Colonial captivity, had managed to lead a counter revolution that spares the people that had damaged her the most. Kind of a Nelson Mandela moment.

It would also answer some specific questions. Natalie would have had to have been at least a light year away from a Resurrection Ship, since that's how long the nuclear blast took to alert the Cylons to the presence of New Caprica.

Other questions remain open and very intriguing: who saved Starbuck and rebuilt her Viper? Why are the Raiders and final five so "attuned" to one another? Would a Centurion, like the Raiders, be able to recognize one of the "final five"? If so, that would explain why Dualla alone survived the boarding party earlier in the series (assuming she is the last of the five). Or are the final five recognizable only after they have been "activated"? If so, what agent does the "activation"? Now that the Centurions can "think" again, will it be long before we hear a "by your command"?

Comment

i think it's offical i'm always going to cry during the lee departing galactica moment.

i re watched the scene ......so wonderful ....

Comment

Working...
                                X