X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaius Baltar = Jesus Christ.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I am thinking that the cylons also want to know where earth is, to wipe out the remaining humans....saw that some of the 5 were in the fleet, and bid a hasty retreat, so that (at least) 4 of the 5 could lead them to earth, to wipe out the 13th tribe.
      Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: I dare you to say that again.

Comment

Originally posted by munciefan View Post
        I am thinking that the cylons also want to know where earth is, to wipe out the remaining humans....saw that some of the 5 were in the fleet, and bid a hasty retreat, so that (at least) 4 of the 5 could lead them to earth, to wipe out the 13th tribe.
        Yup, between the final five (or four anyway), and the fact that the humans are still ahead in finding earth, wiping out the fleet at this point would be a very stupid move on the part of the cylons.

Re-watched the ep, spotted the part where Seelix was called Longshot, still missed hearing Anders's callsign though.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Ok I haven't seen the episode yet so I don't really know the proper context but still isn't that a bit hypocritical seeing as she's ok with Athena being a Cylon...............granted she tried shooting her but that's by the by.
          Spoiler:
          I felt worse by watching Lee, Adama and Roslin adviced by 3 cylons (Chief, Tigh and Tory

Comment

Has anyone else watched the original BSG? I watched it on DVD a few years ago, so I don't remember a lot, but I read an interesting theory that harkens back to the original series. Remember the beings of light that took Starbuck and Apollo, and when they left they couldn't remember them, or explain to anyone what happened to them (if I'm remembering correctly)? Maybe Starbuck's experience can be explained that way, maybe they're writing a reimagining of that plot line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              i rewatched the ep right before pixis goes up you hear seelix call sam "hardball" and sam calls seellix "longshot"

so i'm assuming it must me there calls sighs
              Well-spotted!

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
              and finally baltar gets a haircut and shaved his face !!!!
              That was possibly the best thing Baltar's done in ages.

---

Another honest question: When the Four were revealed, Sam had on a leg brace and was gimpy. When he was going into his Viper, he had neither a leg brace nor a limp. I know they needed everyone with a modicum of flight experience in the birds, but still.

Still a great episode. I think next week'll be better, though.
              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                Gaius Baltar = Jesus Christ.
                That's pretty much what they were trying to protray. If you also notice, I believe most of the scenes showing large shots of his followers -- or, you might say, disciples -- showed twelve of them huddled around him. He was also persecuted and put on a virtual cross via his trial, but after everyone assumed he was going to be a dead man... he survived and began what's shaping up to be a new life as a messiah.

It's all a red herring, though. If anyone on the show is going to be a Christ figure, it's going to be Kara. She's the one who's returned from the dead and has been gifted with an ability to lead the survivors to their view of heaven. She's pulled off miracles time and again through the series and has been persecuted and tested at every turn. Recovering the arrow of Athena, surviving the perverse Cylon experiments on Caprica, escaping from the grasps of death by "converting" an enemy Cylon Raider, etc. Now she's struggling to find people to believe in and follow her despite the established status quo, because she's "seen" her God -- Earth -- and knows she can lead everyone to him.

Interesting thing is that they both went through a baptism of blood of sorts. Baltar when they tried to kill him, Kara when she blew up a Raider.

As others have said, the time descrepency is likely due to the means of FTL she used to travel so far so quickly. Einstein for the win. The ship is definitely a mystery, but if you think about it... why would anyone who could recreate both Kara and the ship in exacting detail not bother to ding the ship up like it was when she left? Especially since that would be such an obvious thing to notice? My only guess is that whatever method of travel was employed, it functioned sort of like the transporters in Star Trek; cleaning up a few obvious errors when it rebuilt the ship on the other end. Pretty lame guess, admittedly, but it's all I have at the moment.

Oh, and as a final note, it's easy to answer why none of the Seven ever recognized Tigh or anyone else. Six explained it quite simply. They were programmed to never think about them, even when they could obviously feel their presence. The question is: Why where they programmed that way?
                Last edited by A Clockwork Lime; 05 April 2008, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                  Another honest question: When the Four were revealed, Sam had on a leg brace and was gimpy. When he was going into his Viper, he had neither a leg brace nor a limp. I know they needed everyone with a modicum of flight experience in the birds, but still.
                  I've been thinking the same- remember back to season one when Starbuck couldn't fly because of her leg. But isn't it Anders's left leg that's hurt? And it's the right one that's used to hold the thruster down or whatever and bear the 6 Gs. If I'm remembering back to "The Hand of God" correctly.

But you're right, he should still be limping.

Comment

I, too, grow weary of the Baltar storyline and am glad TPTB don't devote most of the show in that direction (I could see a bit less). Someone said 'red herring' and I agree. It's distracting.

I''m so glad Lee and Adama are speaking. I didn't like the tension the end of s3.

I don't think Laura is the 5th cylon - she's in the "last supper" picture and RDM said that the final cylon wasn't there. Also, she'd be too obvious of a choice.

I'll go along with the theory that the final cylon is female (what have I got to lose). They seem to have a balance on the gender thing and another male would tip the balance too much. Although I was liking Felix for it before that thought. Maybe Dee would be a good choice since she's been a regular character since the beginning, unless they come up with someone new.

Or, the 5th was on Pixis (sp?) and blew up --- and we'll never know. :::kidding:::

Comment

Ron Moore has updated his blog, the podcast will be along later this week. Also there's a photo from his directing debut. And I can't figure if it's spoilery or not.....so proceed with caution. To be on the safe side.

http://rondmoore.com/Site/Blog/Entri...o_Podcast.html

Comment

I actually think the Baltar storyline is very interesting. He is very hedonistic, and it will be interesting to see if he can redeem himself in some way (didn't Baltar in the original series do so eventually?)
                        Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: I dare you to say that again.

Comment

Originally posted by munciefan View Post
                          I actually think the Baltar storyline is very interesting. He is very hedonistic, and it will be interesting to see if he can redeem himself in some way (didn't Baltar in the original series do so eventually?)
                          Redeem himself for providing the Cylon's with the means to destroy the twelve colonies and nearly eradicate all of humanity? How? I can't imagine a way that would be possible. But that's just my opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Redeem himself for providing the Cylon's with the means to destroy the twelve colonies and nearly eradicate all of humanity? How? I can't imagine a way that would be possible. But that's just my opinion.
                            he didn't know that until the day it happen
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ahh ... shaking off the profile dust, having last visited on April 16th, 2007!

a) (most important) I honestly am not sure if the supposed '4' on galactica are, in fact, Cylons. I know Moore has stated that they are Cylons - show runners state things to mislead fans all the time. I'm not sure what it is or why I feel this way. Oddly enough, I was ready to accept the premise at the end of the 3rd season. I was SHOCKED, but it seemed like another BSG-style twist that fit in with the show's penchant for, well, not fitting in.

However, after watching the opener ... I just can't shake the feeling that they aren't Cylons. I'm not sure why - I think I'm going to rewatch and look for cues. Now, to be clear: I think that, at this point, all 4 honestly think they are Cylons. Nevertheless ...

[NB: Although I don't care too much for the Indian chick. Perhaps they'll toss her out the airlock before they do the reveal that they are still humans. ::fingers crossed::]

b) I believed that they killed Adama during Tigh's visualization/dream scene. On any other show, I would have immediately dismissed it as "oh, it's a dream", but, BSG being BSG, I actually believed it. Of course, I was standing up in my chair shouting "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED ADAMA" But, if any show has the (pardon the expression) brass balls to pull something like that, it would be BSG. Having said that: I'm certainly glad that they didn't do it.

c) My thoughts on how the next episode will open re: sbux & Roslyn: I'm fully expecting one of those 'look, I could have killed you but here I am standing over you and telling you "I am a human"!" sort of deals - Starbuck trying to prove her humanity. Nevertheless, I think we can all agree that (at least in short term) it's not going to work! To the brig she goes ...

d) I can't believe we have to wait 6 more days for the next epsiode. I forgot what the Friday-Friday Galacticrack withdrawal cycle was like over these many hiaitus months. Now, it's back in full force!

Comment

This show is so fascinating. I had some problems with this episode, mainly the Baltar/Jesus thing that seems kind of sudden, but it might work out in the end. However, there were so many good moments between the characters that it basically overshadowed any flaws it might have had. Gods am I glad BSG is back!

There have been some missteps along the ride but there are just so much good stuff you tend to look past it. They take risks, and that's part of what makes the show great.

And the space battles... wow.

I've followed this show since the mini-series and it feels like we're close to the end now.
                                We're whalers on the moon,
                                We carry a harpoon.
                                But there ain't no whales
                                So we tell tall tales
                                And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X