No announcement yet.

He That Believeth in Me (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a truly great season opener. best yet in my opinion. so much info and so much to take in. i feel really sorry for starbuck. she seems to be really sincere in her beiefs and she definately is confused about the situation. Shame about the pixis too........good way to start the season though. with a blood bath.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Integrabyte thats kind harsh.

But seriously everyone the thing about BSG is that the characters are so 3d. You can't just look at their histories and guess what they'll do, can you do that with people in your own life? Will they always make the same decision twice or will 3 years change that.

It's been years since Laura sent Kara back to Caprica for the arrow, a lot has changed this then. Not the least of which being that Kara exploded. Vision are one thing, coming back from the dead is an entierly different matter. They saw her ship disintegrate, so I find it amazing that she's not in the damn brig. Especially consdiering that the colonials know damn well that regardless of if it makes sense as a Cylon plan Cylons are still the only things that come back from the dead.

Comment

survivor count 41,398 to 39,698

i do think sam inability to shot the raider was due to his cylon programing
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think it was him being a scared little nugget and already totally freaking out. Normal human response really, he forgot to hit the weapons free button. Anyone could of done it.

Comment

Did anyone notice...

That some of four "new" cyclons talked to Boomer and she didn't seem to notice anything about them? If the Chief is really a Cylon, that means there was a little Cylon-on-Cylon action during season 1 when the Chief and Boomer were hot and heavy for each other. It also brings a new sense of humor to the episode when the Chief is confiding in the (at that time unrevealed Cylon) Cavil character and Cavil states something like, "I know you're not a Cylon, because I am and I haven't seen you at any of our meetings."

That when the #6 that is in Baltar's head appeared this time, no "Cylon music" preceded her appearance? Every time he had a vision of her, there was no music. Oversight on the producers' parts, or does it mean something? (I kinda miss the music, it was a little creepy.)

Comment

Originally posted by bluestrike View Post
              It was a really strong opening episode. I felt it only dragged with the Baltar storyline. His character has grown tired at this point.
              I completely disagree, right from the beginning I've found Baltar to be (by far) the most compelling character on the show. Personally, I can't wait to see how his new role figures into the show's final endgame.

My guess: through pursuit of personal interests and no particular malice, he was responsible for the genocide of mankind; in some twisted duality, in pursuing his own interests with no particular malice, he will save the remainder of humanity before the end.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Great episode, writing to going back to the way it was back in S1. Still wonder why the writers keep letting Baltar get off relatively clean and alive at every turn. The God vs Gods thing better pay off...seem like the writers are doing a replay of our own religious history...would be a lot more interesting if they arrived at Earth with their religion intact to set up a major conflict with whoever is there.
                It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

It was an ok episode. I still think this show would be 100x better without the emo, religion and "frak"

It was cool to see the Cylons actually succeed in destroying one of the fleet's ships for a change. It makes them a serious threat for a change.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

After watching "He That Believeth In Me," I have an idea on who the Fifth Cylon is:

Spoiler:
                    I want to say Laura Roslin is the Fifth. I say this for a couple of reasons:

1) Just after they first enter the Ionian Nebula in Crossroads Part II, Laura clutch her head in pain. Much like the others where in pain over the music.

2) She was really quick to call Starbuck a Cylon trick.

3) Laura is a little too desperate to find out to find out if Starbuck is a Cylon, going so far as to ask Caprica Six.

4) She could have dismissed the music as an effect of the Chamalla.

5) Laura shared visons with the other two known Cylons on board.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I think Laura's role as dying leader pulls her from the running. She's suposed to be the dying leader who will take the humans to Earth. PRetty much implies she's Human herself. Plus it'd be a big cope out.

I also don't see her living past the middle of the season.

Then again.. "dying leader". I wonder jsut how bad Starbucks headaches are gonna get....

Comment

much Better Battle Scene Than Razor!!!!
                        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Well I 'm not gonna dwell on who the 12th Cylon is since I've got a good idea as to who it is. Also if you recall the pod cast from season 3's Maelstrom Kara's ressurection and return has huge effect on the fleet and is also a part of the mythology of the series. So does Kara have an instinctive pulse to the
                          direction of Earth more than likely. Also remember than from this pint on in the remaining 19 episodes characters will fully embrace their true destinies.

If you remember the words that the Hybrid said to Kendra Shaw think about that for a second and consider wether he was referring to Kara or because of
                          how Cylons mix truth in lies he was really talking about Laura Roslin and that
                          Kara Thrace is the one who guides Humanity and the Cylon people to a new beginning. But then again I could be wrong about some of these things lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5 View Post
                            After watching "He That Believeth In Me," I have an idea on who the Fifth Cylon is:

Spoiler:

1) Just after they first enter the Ionian Nebula in Crossroads Part II, Laura clutch her head in pain. Much like the others where in pain over the music.

2) She was really quick to call Starbuck a Cylon trick.

3) Laura is a little too desperate to find out to find out if Starbuck is a Cylon, going so far as to ask Caprica Six.

4) She could have dismissed the music as an effect of the Chamalla.

Ditto, I have been thinking this since the end of season 3.

Someone made mention early that the cavil is lobotomizing raiders to figure out what happened....no....it consists of cutting the connections to and from, or simply destroying, the prefrontal cortex. These procedures often result in major personality changes and possible mental disabilities.

He wasnt giving them lobotomies to find any answers he was doing it so they would over ride their base program and attack the fleet even though the raiders all knew that the final 5 are in the fleet and as such they can't attack the fleet because there is a chance that they would kill the final 5 which is against their programming. That's what cavil is trying to do, by-pass that programming by lobotomizing them.

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
                              So much for "the plan"

well if you trust the script of this episode one must assume that the final 1 is on board Galactica based on caprica 6's conversation with Laura.
                              Which also brings up the question why did she not recognize Tigh , unless the "trigger" made them "detectable" so to speak, and Yes it is possible that she only detects the 4 we know, given I am not entirely convinced the writers have even decided on the final one.
                              Raiders and Centurions have been compared to animals before. That's probably the difference between them and the human models. Perhaps the animals can feel them like the human models can (now that they've triggered perhaps) and the Raider turned for a more intensive scan and then ran like a scalded dog (to abuse the metaphor) when it realized what it was looking at.

Originally posted by BigGator5 View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I've been thinking about this last one for a bit now. I was wondering if maybe the shared visions had something to do with the fact that she has some Cylon DNA in her from the time when Baltar injected her with Hera's blood to cure her of the cancer. Wasn't Hera a part of those visions, too? Not just her appearance, wasn't her mind there too?

Comment

i rewatched the ep right before pixis goes up you hear seelix call sam "hardball" and sam calls seellix "longshot"

so i'm assuming it must me there calls sighs
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X