Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have to say, that I totaly love S3 up to now! I think everything up to Exodus II was soo great in this season, that it's hard to reach that level all the time. I think they spent much more time in writing-shooting-preproduction for the first 4 and that you can see. But I wouldn't say the last episodes are less good, their the BSG niveau we know from the last 2 season, but now we also know that they can have even better things

Action was the first 4 and now comes the moral, and very much emotion, it depends if you watch BSG for being a scifi-show, then yeah, I guess it's not the most interesting part, but me for example I watch it mostly because of drama and the characters, so I still very much like it! and I also think that it might became even too much intellectual, and that's not what some people want to see!

I still think this is the very best TV-show ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
      With each pasting episode after they lef tht eplanet the episodes get worse and worse. I wish they stayed on the planet longer.

And next week's episode is about boxing?! Give me a break!
      No, next week's episode is about Kara and Lee - and flashbacks to your beloved planet. Give me a break!
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

i think bsg is one of the few sci fi programs that has very few weak/filler episodes, probably because of the more serious nature of the program, although next weeks ep looks to be more up hearted
        ]

Comment

I didn't care much for "Torn" or "A Measure of Salvation," but I've very much enjoyed every other episode this season. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that the Occupation didn't last longer than four episodes. After LDYB2's ending and the long wait until Season 3, I really expected it to be the setting for most of the season.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor View Post
            i think bsg is one of the few sci fi programs that has very few weak/filler episodes, probably because of the more serious nature of the program, although next weeks ep looks to be more up hearted
            I don't know about "up hearted", but yeah, this show excels in virtually every episode. I'm loving season 3 thus far, and looking forward to where it's gonna go.

Every episode can't be about a major battle or a huge incident in the fleet. There are the smaller happenings along the way, and the very personal things the characters go through. This show is about the journey, not the destination.

And this journey is a hell of a ride.

a time to mourn

Comment

I think Baltar will play a very important role within the cylon Empire.

The Galactica is in no shape to do battle, and since exodus the episodes have been awesome.

With the collaborators and how Adama handles the problem with starbuck and Tigh, just awesome . And finally we get a peek at how the cylons operate.

In my opinion the first part of season 3 is alot better then the second part of season 2.
              .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

I view it as the downtime between actions. You need things to mellow out before you can have another big action show. That way it has more of an effect on us the watcher.

But getting bored....no way! I love these small side stories! Makes everyone on the ship seem human lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Chritopher View Post
                  I view it as the downtime between actions. You need things to mellow out before you can have another big action show. That way it has more of an effect on us the watcher.

But getting bored....no way! I love these small side stories! Makes everyone on the ship seem human lol!

I agree ^^
                  .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Originally posted by Chritopher View Post

I agree, but the downtime between the big action isnt just for mellowing out purposes. Its expensive to do all the special effects and stuff for big space fight scenes, and BSG is always up against the wall money-wise (every wonder why all the paper documents in the show have thier corners cut? It was an inside joke on the set at the beginning of the show about having to cut corners), so big battles are just out of the question for every episode or even every other episode

Plus the fact that this show is a drama first, action second. It's all about characters and thier problems and how noone is always right or does the right thing all the time and it just happens to take place in space. The show is about "being human."
                    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

I could do well with less Baltar. A lot less. It's like watching a show about a child molester hanging around outside an elementary school. They could call it... Baltarstar Molestica.

But seriously, compared to season 1, it's quite slow. And all the characters I used to like have gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        I could do well with less Baltar. A lot less. It's like watching a show about a child molester hanging around outside an elementary school. They could call it... Baltarstar Molestica.

But seriously, compared to season 1, it's quite slow. And all the characters I used to like have gone crazy.
                        People are bound to change after more than a year of thier new "life" consisting of running from the cylons, finding a crap world to start a new home, getting taken over and being dictated on the new home, leaving the new home, and running again. And doing all that with the knowledge of what life used to be is bound to drive people a little bit crazy.

As for Baltar, everyone is entitled to an opinion I have very much enjoyed him thus far in season 3 and I like his scenes in the Baseship even more that the Galactica scenes the past few episodes. Call him what you want, but he has a very important role to play and half the fun of watching him is trying to figure out just what that role is.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Well, part of me agrees.

But I'd still like to clock Baltar.

Comment

I thought BSG went downhill after Pegasus. I really thought the show would suck after the season 2 finale, but I feel it's getting back into the groove of things. I really hope we don't have another huge leap in time, either a year or simply a month. Those months off screen in the latter half of part two really pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                            X