This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactica getting stale?

Does anybody think that the current episodes seem to drag? I'm finding my self not being as interested in BSG since the Exodus does anybody else feel this way?

iv been ejoying these episodes more than the 2nd 1/2 of Season 2

the 2nd 1/2 of season 2 while having so of my fav episodes also contained the worst(black market and Sacrifice can burn in hell) or where downright mediocre (downloaded/Ressurerction ship 1+2 and LDYB1+2 excluded)

so no im not finding them stale

Comment

Everybody has their own opion but i feel as though the episodes past Collaborators have been more filler then plot building and i'm starting to find it boring, i hope the next episode makes things better

Comment

I personally thought the last episode was great. I've enjoyed this season pretty well so far.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
          Everybody has their own opion but i feel as though the episodes past Collaborators have been more filler then plot building and i'm starting to find it boring, i hope the next episode makes things better
          and Black Market/Sacrifice/Scar/Captains hand wasnt filler?

they had nothing to do with the plotline and realy didnt do much overall except kill off a good character and butcher anouther personality wise

Comment

I've really been enjoying this season, myself. Yes, some of the episodes don't have as much action as Exodus, but I really, really like all the moral ambiguity they're playing with in these episodes. I'm glad they're not just all about the action since it allows them to touch on more important issues. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE the action. I like when stuff blows up. But I also really like that this show is so intelligent and doesn't have to reply solely on action to get people to watch it. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I personally thought the last episode was great. I've enjoyed this season pretty well so far.
              Same here, I was wondering how they'd bring back Tigh, I really miss his hard attitude on the deck.
              z

Comment

No, I'm not having a problem with the eps this year...actually, Season 3 is shaping up to be among my favorite years of any television show.
                Originally posted by Scyld
                The primary difference is that the old version is made of suck, while the new version is made of win.

Comment

Actually, Black Market - we found out theres the black market in the fleet - not everyone is playing fare. It also set the part for the new commanders for the Peggy.

Scar - Shows us the extent of Kara's situation - builds on secondary character Kat (Always good) and also provides us with the info that Raiders are downloaded as well.

Sacrifice - ok, yea filler

Captains Hand - shows us Peggys strength, that their having trouble with the crew now Cains gone in regards to whos doing what.

While these appear filler - they do build to the story somewhat. And sometimes an episode has to be just about telling us about the situation in mor depth, building secondary characters and so on.

Thats how I've viewed S3 so far, and DAMN am I loving it!

Torn - builds on whats going on with Baltar - which IS leading somewhere. Thats obvious, shows us more of the Basestar, and into the cylons world.

Measure of Salvation - Morals, different beliefs and shows us how far their willing to go.

In my perception the show is more about getting across a message - "Look at your soul, evaluate. What is that makes us, us?" Its not just something to enjoy, but a whole message and query about ourselves.

Thats my input...and na, DEFFO not dragging
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I must agree it is dragging a bit since Exodus Part II, and tbh next week doesn't look any better

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

lol I've enjoyed every episode so far. I think that all of them are good (although some are better than others) and haven't been disappointed in any
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                        lol I've enjoyed every episode so far. I think that all of them are good (although some are better than others) and haven't been disappointed in any
                        I agree. The whole exodus from the planet was a massive buildup and action packed. Some folks think no action = stale. If action is all you want, then I'm not sure why you keep watching this show.

I think some of the episodes after exodus have had some of the best drama. For example, the end of the last episode where Tigh shows up to talk to Adama. Priceless.

I'll agree, some of the scenes may drag a little, but for the most part, they have been crafting how things will play out for the second half of the season. I.E. cylons going for earth, baltar helping them, confirming the trail to earth with the finding of the beacon.

RMD has mentioned on his podcasts that he feels the purpose of the show is to pose the tough questions, not answer them. I think they do that well.

IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by hU$h3rN7242c View Post
                          I agree. The whole exodus from the planet was a massive buildup and action packed. Some folks think no action = stale. If action is all you want, then I'm not sure why you keep watching this show.

I think some of the episodes after exodus have had some of the best drama. For example, the end of the last episode where Tigh shows up to talk to Adama. Priceless.

I'll agree, some of the scenes may drag a little, but for the most part, they have been crafting how things will play out for the second half of the season. I.E. cylons going for earth, baltar helping them, confirming the trail to earth with the finding of the beacon.

RMD has mentioned on his podcasts that he feels the purpose of the show is to pose the tough questions, not answer them. I think they do that well.

IMHO.
                          That's not true at all mate - i loved every single ep of season 1 and that had by no means all "action" episodes, in fact only 3 or so were

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

I agree with Lightbane this season is dragging, and the proof is in the pudding. Ratings have dropped so much that they will be move the show to Sunday nights.

Comment

With each pasting episode after they lef tht eplanet the episodes get worse and worse. I wish they stayed on the planet longer.

And next week's episode is about boxing?! Give me a break!

Comment

Working...
                              X