• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica -411 Sneak Peek
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone else get their DVDs yet? I managed to snag one of those Best Buy limited editions (my store had 15). It is GORGEOUS! Half the Last Supper photo on the cover, a sweet little book, and Starbuck dog tags.

Comment

I'm waiting for Entire Series Blu-ray Box Set.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5 View Post
          I'm waiting for Entire Series Blu-ray Box Set.
          Eh. I'll buy that too.

Hell.....I'll probably end up buying the regular cover version of the 4.0 set some day when I have cash to spare, just to keep the collection complete. But that would mean that I'd still need the individual miniseries disc as well.....it never ends.

Battlestar is my weakness.....

Comment

And speaking of the ending, the last episode is actually three hour-long parts. Meaning that the tenth and final episode is really the length of three episodes. That’s how I interpreted what Moore and Eick said anyway. They didn’t seem sure as to exactly how the final three-parter would air (whether all in one night or broken up). Sci Fi is still playing around with the actual air schedule. There will be at least one showing of all three of them together.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Anyone else get their DVDs yet?
              Pre-ordered it off e-bay on Sunday night, and it arrived yesterday afternoon just before I left for work.

Not watched it yet though.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                And speaking of the ending, the last episode is actually three hour-long parts. Meaning that the tenth and final episode is really the length of three episodes. That’s how I interpreted what Moore and Eick said anyway. They didn’t seem sure as to exactly how the final three-parter would air (whether all in one night or broken up). Sci Fi is still playing around with the actual air schedule. There will be at least one showing of all three of them together.
                As it stands according to battlestar wiki, there's Daybreak Part I and Daybreak Part II, which could mean two 1.5 hour splits. That would mean approximately two hours of television with commercials each.

Comment

Vancouver Sun

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...0-7df3292f2218

excerpt:

Show's creator lauds Vancouver production crew
                  Battlestar Galactica returns Jan. 16 for final episodes on Space network
                  Alex Strachan, Canwest News Service
                  Published: Thursday, January 08, 2009

Battlestar Galactica-- a sci-fi saga set in an entirely reconstructed time and universe -- was an intricate, at times ludicrously complicated TV series to make during its four seasons of existence.

Ronald D. Moore, the critically acclaimed program's creator and senior executive producer, minces no words, though, in heaping praise on Battlestar Galactica's home base of Vancouver.

To put it bluntly, Moore says, the show would not have been possible without either the city or its hard-working crew, many of whom were drawn from the city's still-thriving homegrown production community -- thriving despite economic turmoil in the financial industry and until recently a fast-rising Canadian dollar.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Chicago Tribune

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-dollhous.html

Chicago Tribune critic Maureen Ryan said today (January 8th)

In this hilarious piece, "Battlestar Galactica" is reconceived as a series of Facebook updates (here is a fun "Lost"-Facebook mashup that I linked to a while back). By the way, here's a new clip from the show's Jan. 16 episode (it's not spoilery, in my opinion). Only nine more days!

Go to link for other links.

Comment

I've been thinking (no sarcastic comments, please), specifically I've been thinking about the identity of the final Cylon.

I'm probably wrong, but - could the final Cylon possibly be
                      Spoiler:
                      the old-style Centurion from the museum in the Galactica's postside hanger deck?

Wouldn't that be a kick in the bum?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

BSG - Canada: Space Channel - Fri Jan 16 '09:

At Canada's Space Channel:

The Circuit Presents

Battlestar Galactica Day, an entire day of BSG-related programming leading up to the premiere of the final 10 episodes of season 4.

Friday, January 16, Starting 10am ET/7am PT

Starting at 10am ET/7am PT

Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Marathon!!
                        Beginning with He That Believeth In Me and Ending With Revelations, we play the first 10 episodes of Season 4 back-to-back.

8ET/5PT

The Circuit: BSG Special

A special Circuit episode devoted entirely to all things Battlestar Galactica.

8:30ET/5:30PT

Battlestar Galactica: The Top 10 Things You Need To Know

Features interviews with Ron Moore and David Eick which break down the series to its essential elements: characters, locations, key storylines, distilling the show for new and returning viewers with special emphasis on the most recent 10 episodes of season 4.

9ET/6PT

Battlestar Galactica: The Webisodes: The Face Of The Enemy

The story focuses on Lt. Gaeta in the aftermath of the events seen in the final episode of Season 4.0 ("Revelations"). Number Eight (Sharon) also stars.

10ET/7PT - SEASON PREMIERE!!!

Battlestar Galactica: Sometimes A Great Notion

Kara struggles with the foreboding prediction of the Cylon Hybrid, while Adama and the Colonial fleet face despair over their shocking discovery.

11ET/8PT

Fandom Forum: Battlestar Galactica

A in-depth chat about the jaw-dropping fourth season of Battlestar Galactica and where the crew is going in the second half.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Bunch of links...

http://www.mania.com/toy-maniac-dc-d...le_112200.html

Jan 9 2009

FYI: Next week the Toy Maniac will feature the best Battlestar Galactica action figures of the past and present.

++++++++++++++++++++

http://lohud.com/article/20090109/EN...901090301/1164

WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE

Excerpt:

For the past five years, Tahmoh Penikett has been fighting Cylons, a robotic race threatening human existence, on Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica."
                          Starring in Joss Whedon's new and already beleaguered drama "Dollhouse" could be a more daunting task.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertain...64976-sun.html

Excerpt:

Battlestar-struck
                          Season 4.0 box sets the stage for Galactica's final season

By BRUCE KIRKLAND
                          Last Updated: 9th January 2009, 12:57am

The odyssey is nearing its dramatic end.
                          Battlestar Galactica, a sci-fi series with an intensely loyal cult following, has one half-season to go.
                          So the timing of the new DVD set is appropriate.
                          Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.0 arrived this week as a four-disc, widescreen-only set that takes us to the brink of that final frontier. The half-season, which starts broadcasting this month, will be titled Season 4.5 when it later comes to DVD

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.syfyportal.com/news425715.html

Excerpt:

James Callis says he's learned a lot over the last five years of "Battlestar Galactica," and hopes he can apply that experience to future work.
                          As Gaius Baltar on the signature SciFi Channel series, Callis has spent a lot of time working directly with one-time model and current "Damages" actress Tricia Helfer, and the separation for both of them hasn't been the easiest

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...star-ga-3.html

Excerpt:

'Battlestar Galactica' countdown: Michael Hogan, surprised to be a Cylon

We like to hear how actors responded to hearing the news that they were Cylons. How did you take it, and did it change how you approached your character?

Yeah, I was surprised. Initially I was not happy about it. Over the time of shooting "Battlestar" I'd often thought, 'Am I ever glad I'm not a Cylon,' because it never really occurred to me while we were shooting it that we were shooting a sci fi. I'd guest on other Sci Fi shows like "Andromeda" or something, you're very aware that you're doing sci fi. It never entered, in my research, with "Battlestar." It's always been military or personal or something like that

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ica-14494.html

Excerpt:

Top 10 Things you Need to know about BSG

Since the second half of the fourth and final season of Battlestar Galactica is set to premiere just over a week away, many of us who have been waiting for what feels like forever to see how it’s all going to end might be a bit rusty on our BSG history. Fortunately for those of us who haven’t gotten around to doing the complete rewatch of the entire series, BSG creator, Ronald D. Moore and Exec Producer David Eick worked with Sci Fi to put together this little special called “The Top Ten Things You Need To Know” about Battlestar Galactica. It basically breaks down all of the major story arcs in this little refresher-course.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Excerpt:

Top 10 Things you Need to know about BSG

Since the second half of the fourth and final season of Battlestar Galactica is set to premiere just over a week away, many of us who have been waiting for what feels like forever to see how it’s all going to end might be a bit rusty on our BSG history. Fortunately for those of us who haven’t gotten around to doing the complete rewatch of the entire series, BSG creator, Ronald D. Moore and Exec Producer David Eick worked with Sci Fi to put together this little special called “The Top Ten Things You Need To Know” about Battlestar Galactica. It basically breaks down all of the major story arcs in this little refresher-course.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

I'll definitely be watching this when it airs on Sunday night. I have to admit, some things are a bit foggy to me.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it's already on the scifi website. It's very interesting when they talk about Earth and surviving human race
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

BSG - SciFi Wire: Premiere will run 3 1/2 mins long:

At SciFi Wire:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Battlestar Galactica premiere will run 3 1/2 minutes long

SCI FI Channel is letting viewers know that the Jan. 16 return of Battlestar Galactica at 10 p.m. will run 3 1/2 minutes long, so make sure to plan ahead if you're watching live or set your DVR accordingly if you're not.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X