This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    They did one before season three as well, so this will be the second recap special.
    guessed i missed it

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      I assume there's still no news of the Region 1 BSG season 3 DVDs?

Also, was there a zero issue of Dynamite Entertainment's BSG: Year Zero title? I seem to be missing some of the plot...
      I´ve checked 2 issues of BSG SEASON ZERO. I felt disappointed. Yes, it´s the Galactica. Adama and Tigh are there and Kara appears later, I guess. I felt it wasn´t the series. Adama in a flight suit 2 years before the attacks? In spanish it is said "no se puede estar en misa y repicando". He can´t be flying and be the Commander. Too similar to Star Trek. I won´t read any more.

Zarek looked far better than BSG Season Zero.
      Last edited by DOIKECARTER; 04 November 2007, 05:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
        I´ve checked 2 issues of BSG SEASON ZERO. I felt disappointed. Yes, it´s the Galactica. Adama and Tigh are there and Kara appears later, I guess. I felt it wasn´t the series. Adama in a flight suit 2 years before the attacks? In spanish it is said "no se puede estar en misa y repicando". He can´t be flying and be the Commander. Too similar to Star Trek. I won´t read any more.

Zarek looked far better than BSG Season Zero.
        Zarek was a pretty cool mini-series. I'm hoping the new "Origins" one will be too. I agree with the assessment of Season Zero; I felt the actual 13-issue series was the same as well. Not the BSG I know. And after reading the one-shot issue "Pegasus", it seems everyone fought the Cylons long before the mini-series. It takes something away.

And yes, there was a 0 issue of Season Zero, it was Dynamite's "Free Comic Book Day" issue.

Comment

Razor DVD Extras announced!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Battles...or-Extras/8372

Deleted Scenes
          The Look of Battlestar Galactica
          My Favourite Episode So Far
          Season Four Sneak peek
          Season Four Trailer
          Minisodes (x7)
          Commentary with executive producer Ronald D. Moore and writer Michael Taylor

Comment

Razor DVD Extras announced!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Battles...or-Extras/8372

Deleted Scenes
            The Look of Battlestar Galactica
            My Favourite Episode So Far
            Season Four Sneak peek
            Season Four Trailer
            Minisodes (x7)
            Commentary with executive producer Ronald D. Moore and writer Michael Taylor
            R1 DVD.....I guess. Still, great news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

How soon after broadcast does it come out?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

How soon after broadcast does it come out?
                In R1 it comes out on December 5, so ten days or so, R2 I heard it was either right before or right after Christmas, but I can't be positive on that.

Comment

In R1 it comes out on December 5, so ten days or so, R2 I heard it was either right before or right after Christmas, but I can't be positive on that.
                  Hmmm... I'll probably get the R1 version. The standard of Special Features on the R2 editions has been pretty poor.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Hmmm... I'll probably get the R1 version. The standard of Special Features on the R2 editions has been pretty poor.
                    Uk.amazon accepts preorders and announces December 26th as their release date. No data about extras. Us.amazon announces December 4th as their release date.

R2 editions have been very poor in extras. I´ll put my money on R1...even if I have to watch RAZOR with my laptop.

Comment

Luckily enough, I've a multi-Region DVD player.
                      sigpic

Comment

Luckily enough, I've a multi-Region DVD player.
                        I´m green with envy

Comment

Finally managed to get a copy of the BSG Season Three companion.

Also got the BSG comic Pegasus one shot.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...1/razor_review

excerpt:

Review: Razor Slices Smartly Into Battlestar's Past
                            By Mark Anderson

Among fans of Sci Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica, a question persists about the series' 49,000 Earth-seeking survivors of Cylon armageddon: Does their adventure ultimately provide some sort of back story to the present-day human race?

The show's fourth and final season, slated to begin in April, should settle this issue once and for all. But in the meantime, the Battlestar universe has its own back stories in need of revisiting.

Enter the 87-minute-long "extended episode" called Battlestar Galactica: Razor, to be screened like a regular feature film in select cities Monday and aired Nov. 24 on Sci Fi. A prequel to Sci Fi's Battlestar -- which remains an indisputable contender for best show on television despite a wobbly third season -- Razor delivers the sharp writing, sci-fi eye candy and solid acting that made the show a surprise hit for the cable channel.

Those not already familiar with the series may face a challenge with Razor as their introduction, jump-cutting as it does between three time periods in the series' rich history. On the other hand, Razor is also the quickest way a newbie can sample Battlestar's rich plot lines and cram for the show's highly anticipated final season. Like the series' best episodes, Razor delivers pulse-pounding battle scenes as well as the human drama of real characters struggling through trying and sometimes inhumane circumstances.

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow
                              Ron moore has started his one personal bloghttp://www.rondmoore.com/Site/Blog/Blog.html

First entry http://www.rondmoore.com/Site/Blog/E...he_Strike.html

Picture from the picket line (writers strike)
                              RDM fans and Mrs. Ron are also converging here to discuss BSG picket days, other ways to show support for the writers, etc.

Comment

Um...

NOv 17 2007

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130...tml#1440017544

Did Ben Silverman End-Run The WGA?/Battlestar, Office, 30 Rock, Casts Suspended

excerpt:

At the same time that Silverman was putting the final touches on the Quarterlife deal, Universal Media Studios reportedly papered the industry with force majeure letters, notifying the casts of The Office, Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica and others that their contracts were being suspended. Nikke Finke quotes a BsG cast member as saying:

....We are not terminated. We are on hold to BSG with no pay in perpetuity until the strike is over. When the strike does end Universal/Scifi will then decide whether they want to bring the show back or let us go. Until that time we are in first position with BSG and will have to clear any other project with Scifi/Uni.

They are not following article 61 of the SAG agreement and are about to get a lot of calls from SAG lawyers. They say that since we have shot the minimum 13 episodes of this season, as per our contracts, that they are under no obligation to pay us or let us go. We are essentially on hiatus. To say yesterday was a tough day on set as this information was slowly presented to us would be a profound understatement.

Click here to read Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily post about the suspensions.

GO TO LINK ABOVE FOR FULL STORY AND LINKS

Comment

Working...
                                X