Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhhhhhhh now i recognize the voice. It IS Badger! Sweet, thanks, always good to put a face to the name and voice.
    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
      Ohhhhhhhh now i recognize the voice. It IS Badger! Sweet, thanks, always good to put a face to the name and voice.
      Yes- was absolutly thrilled to hear that Mark Shepard would be on BSG- his work in Firefly was fabulous.

Comment

Don't know if this is the appropriate place, but a semi-BSG sighting in the newspapers today... this morning's Dilbert had him saying "Frack"

http://www.dilbert.com/

If you log on after 12/8/06 you'll need to go into the read past strips section to access the strip, as of this posting it's on the main page.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Mark Shepard? is he the same guy who played Morn on DS9 or am I confusing him with someone else with a similar name?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Mark Shepard? is he the same guy who played Morn on DS9 or am I confusing him with someone else with a similar name?
            No, different guy- the guy who played Morn spelled his last name "Sheppard" I think- can't remember if Mark was his first name, it actually might have been.

Comment

Oh, him! He was quite good in a dual role on an episode of "Medium". It's interesting. I thought the British accent was fake and the American accent was real, but He's British.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Battlestar has been nominated for a WGA (Writer's Guild of America) award.

The two-part Battlestar Galactica episode "Occupation/Precipice," written by Ronald D. Moore, got a nod for best episodic drama.
                and check out the rest of the SF&F nominations
                http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=39229&type=0

Comment

In short, from SPACECAST.com:

MOORE GALACTICA
                  This may be considered spoilerific so proceed with caution. "Battlestar Galactica" producer Ron Moore was interviewed in the Chicago Tribune and had this to say about what's in store for the rest of season 3.
                  Spoiler:
                  According to Moore, when the show comes back in January, "there are more losses still to come. There's a pretty big loss coming midway through the second half of the season," Moore said. "You'll be pretty shocked about what happens to somebody." That somebody, he hinted, would be a lead character. But wouldn't the death of a major character alter the nature of the show? "It would," Moore replied. "And I'm not really saying that we're doing that. I'm just saying that there's a fairly significant loss that will happen before the third season ends." If they kill Spock again I'm not going to watch anymore.
                  The original article from The Chicago Tribune can be found here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...ck=1&cset=true

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    No, different guy- the guy who played Morn spelled his last name "Sheppard" I think- can't remember if Mark was his first name, it actually might have been.
                    I stand corrected. You're right and I'm wrong.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Hmm...not sure where to post this but I'm not one who likes to make new threads so this thread is as good as any.

I read this over on tvguide.com in Ask Ausiello.

I don't consider it a spoiler but I'm tossing it in tags anyway to play it safe. Not really specific spoiler and not sure whether to consider it a credible spoiler yet, but it deals with Katee Sackhoff and her status on the show based on an interview she gave.

Spoiler:

Question: First off, happy new year, Michael! I share my birthday with Masi Oka, but I have no strange abilities or special gifts. However, you do: You have the power to make me feel better in a split second by confirming that Katee Sackhoff isn't getting killed off Battlestar Galactica.— Clara

Ausiello: My powers are apparently failing me, because all signs are pointing to Starbuck's imminent demise. In a radio interview with Portland's KUFO-FM last month, Katee all but confirmed that she's leaving the show later this season — although she stopped short of saying Starbuck dies. If you ask me, this whole thing carries with it the stench of a highly coordinated foiler. I mean, Ron Moore would be out of his frakkin' mind to deep-six Starbuck, right?
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 03 January 2007, 12:26 PM. Reason: adding spoiler tags just in case
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Hmm...not sure where to post this but I'm not one who likes to make new threads so this thread is as good as any.

I read this over on tvguide.com in Ask Ausiello.

I don't consider it a spoiler but I'm tossing it in tags anyway to play it safe. Not really specific spoiler and not sure whether to consider it a credible spoiler yet, but it deals with Katee Sackhoff and her status on the show based on an interview she gave.

Spoiler:

Question: First off, happy new year, Michael! I share my birthday with Masi Oka, but I have no strange abilities or special gifts. However, you do: You have the power to make me feel better in a split second by confirming that Katee Sackhoff isn't getting killed off Battlestar Galactica.— Clara

Ausiello: My powers are apparently failing me, because all signs are pointing to Starbuck's imminent demise. In a radio interview with Portland's KUFO-FM last month, Katee all but confirmed that she's leaving the show later this season — although she stopped short of saying Starbuck dies. If you ask me, this whole thing carries with it the stench of a highly coordinated foiler. I mean, Ron Moore would be out of his frakkin' mind to deep-six Starbuck, right?
                        Thanks for the link!

I wouldn't put it past RDM to have orchestrated a bit of

Spoiler:
                        misdirection as to who dies- hec, he wasn't happy about LDYB Pt II being ruined for a lot of people last year if I recall correctly. However..... I really don't know what to think. All signs point to Starbuck biting space-dust, but.....

Can't wait to see what happens anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Thanks for the link!

I wouldn't put it past RDM to have orchestrated a bit of

Spoiler:
                          misdirection as to who dies- hec, he wasn't happy about LDYB Pt II being ruined for a lot of people last year if I recall correctly. However..... I really don't know what to think. All signs point to Starbuck biting space-dust, but.....

Can't wait to see what happens anyway.
                          Yeah, I wonder if it isn't a fake spoiler myself because of that.

It doesn't pertain to the first episode coming back from the break but an ep later down the road supposedly. I didn't listen to the interview since I'm on dial-up so I'm not sure what to make of it.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Nice article on BSG

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/...?word=stargate

B.C. crews, locations make Galactica soar

Click on link for article.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              Yeah, I wonder if it isn't a fake spoiler myself because of that.

It doesn't pertain to the first episode coming back from the break but an ep later down the road supposedly. I didn't listen to the interview since I'm on dial-up so I'm not sure what to make of it.
                              The interview was about 42 minutes long- a lot of it was fooling about, but there was some stuff about the show in there. The episode that I believe they are referring to is:

Spoiler:
                              Maelstrom

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Nice article on BSG

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/...?word=stargate

B.C. crews, locations make Galactica soar

Click on link for article.
                              Thanks for the link!

Comment

3x13 "The Woman King" promos

http://pics.livejournal.com/drewcypher/gallery/000a4yde

Spoiler:
                                Looks like Caprica-Six is a cell talking to Athena!!

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

Working...
                                X