Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's some serious promotional efforts. I'm glad to see NBC/Universal is really getting behind BSG and not just assuming people will know about the show (now if only FOX had done that for a certain comedy....).

On a different note....I was reading a magazine article and they were asking soap actors what shows they missed the most this summer and one actress said BSG...even saying that it was her favorite show of all time. I thought that was humorous, the only people I usually hear exult the show are somewhat nerdy guys (Kevin Smith, critics, etc) and here is this beautiful actress saying how awesome the show is which was weird since everyone else was saying things like "American Idol," "Grey's Anatomy," and "Lost." Hopefully this campaign will get even more viewers interested.

-Stef

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
      Could they use an older picture? That's her hair from the miniseries.
      actually, thats a brand new picture.

her hair is back short again...

Spoiler:

Comment

I think she looks better with short hair!
        X X I I

Comment

I love MM, so *Squees in fangirl manner*

I'll have to wait til September though... *Is living in teh UK*

But I'm sure that someone will get this special up on you-tube before them... right?
          Bill:When you think you love somebody, you love them. That’s what love is – thoughts.

This beautiful sig was made by the beautiful *E*K*R*

Comment

Anyone got the Season 2 soundtrack CD yet?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Unofficial, but there's some fun BSG stuff at CafePress...

FRAK!

Certified TOASTER HUNTER

Fight Them Til We Can't

My Other Car is a Battlestar (License Plate Frame)

Would Somebody Please Kill Baltar?! T-shirts, etc.

--------------
              Last edited by TRexx; 11 August 2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Anyone got the Season 2 soundtrack CD yet?
                I do.....

Lovebar made by natz099
                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe
                  Did I miss something or is there not a picture of Laura?!
                  Well if it's a 16month calendar, not all the pictures are on the back there.

Comment

I apologise if this has already been asked, but does anyone know a studio address where I can write to the cast? I have a couple of letters I'd like to send off xxx

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
                      actually, thats a brand new picture.

her hair is back short again...

Spoiler:
                      In that picture it looks tied back.

Plus I knew the hair would be short again, but it looks EXACTLY like what it did in the miniseries, and I hate that style.

Comment

I really liked her hair how it was in Season 2. I didn't like it in the miniseries very much. I remember reading that Katee had been fighting to keep her hair longer but had to have it cut short. Originally it was supposed to be really short but Katee won out and got to have it what's described as a longer than the mini series but shorter than season 1. The pics from the Peabody awards that I've seen with her short hair are reall pretty though.

Comment

From SFX Magazine:

Battlestar info blast

Click on the link to read the article

by James White
                          10 Aug 2006

Because we love Battlestar like you love Battlestar, we've collected together all the latest Galactica information into one big story! SPOILER WARNING.

Not long now until Battlestar Galactica blasts back on to US screens. The third season kicks off on Friday 6 October and the information about the new shows is leaking fast. Naturally, we need to offer a gigantic SPOILER WARNING to anyone trying to stay clean and info free. In fact, if you're worried about spoiling anything, we'd advise you to go check out another part of the site.

Before we get into the meat of the fresh info (because we know there are folks still reading who are trying to decide if you want to be spoiled or not) a little spoiler-free info: BSG has been nominated for three Emmy awards in the States. The awards - seen by some as the Oscars of telly - will be handed out on 27 August. And Battlestar is up for three, though sadly not in the big acting or dramatic categories. Still, it's something. The awards it will be competing for are: Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing For A Series category ("Scattered" ), Outstanding Costumes For A Series ("Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2" ) and Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series ("Resurrection Ship, Part 2" ). Seems that despite Lost getting the drama nod last year, the Emmy academy is still a little sci-fi shy.

Right then, on to the good stuff. Don't say we didn't warn you......
                          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

From Popular Science:

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

TECHNOLOGY

Click here for a photo gallery of our favorite bombshell fembots from television and film.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

WEB EXCLUSIVE

The Fembot Mystique

Sex-and-tech writer Annalee Newitz explores the pop-culture fascination with female robots

By Annalee Newitz | August 2006

Fembots were a pop-culture staple long before Austin Powers battled them—witness the popularity of The Bionic Woman, The Stepford Wives and Blade Runner. But what is it about curvaceous cyborgs that stirs the imagination? To some, fembots represent the perfect male fantasy: They’re sexy and submissive and have more techie features than the Xbox 360. But they also have a dangerous side that can reduce walls to rubble and make an army retreat. Perhaps the fembot’s allure resides in her ability to walk the line between total obedience and unfathomable power.

**snippate**

But the pop-culture fembots of the past two decades have been far from domestic. In the 1980s movie Eve of Destruction, a luscious robot with a nuclear bomb for a heart threatens a city with extinction after a man in a bar calls her a “*****.” In Blade Runner (1982), Daryl Hannah plays a delicate yet violent robot named Pris who nearly kills Harrison Ford’s character. Terminator 3 (2003) features a female version of the killer cyborg once played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. And, most spectacularly, nearly all the powerful cylons in the SciFi Channel’s hit TV series Battlestar Galactica are played by strong, devastatingly gorgeous women.

**snippate**

Which fembot deserves our People's Choice Award? Vote for your favorite (or tell us who we missed) here.

http://popsci.typepad.com/popsci/200..._fantasia.html

(We could nominate ReplicatorCarter from SG1!)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I wanted to post up an image of the current issue #6 and thought I could just link over to Titan Publications.
                              Well did so and they still have the image and some info and images off of issue #5 as of this date 15 AUG 2006.
                              I am presuming that the same link will be updated to issue #6 soon??
                              http://www.titanmagazines.com/titanm.../Product&sp=S8

Comment

Anyone interested in a DVD of the Battlestar Galactica Panel at Comic Con 2006 please e-mail me privately at: [email protected]

Anne

Comment

Working...
                                X