This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and some related info at newsarama

Baltar looks a bit Cro-Magnon and Kara looks about 12...

still gonna pick it up though.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

From EW:

Confessions of a TV Slut

Why Steven King NEEDS television. The writer shares his favorite shows and blames EW for his addiction by Stephen King
      SATURDAY, March 25, 2006

Click on the link to read about the other shows covered. Some excerpts:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
      Not quite as good as Lost, but far better than Star Trek, in any of its incarnations — sorry, Trekkies, but you know I speak the truth. This is a beautifully written show, driven by character rather than effects...but the effects are damn good. And there's not a better acting troupe at work on television. (I get it via computer download, probably from the Cylon Empire.)

VERONICA MARS
      Nancy Drew meets Philip Marlowe, and the result is pure nitro. On what other TV show could you possibly hear a fresh-faced girl detective cry, ''Hi, everybody! Say repressed homosexuality !'' (I've sampled episodes but will wait for the season 2 DVD; the major story line is too good not to be experienced in sequence.)

LOST
      It's simply the best thing on network TV, okay? Mysterious story, beautiful location, attractive cast. The only trouble lately has been the puzzling paucity of new episodes. What's in danger of getting lost is any sense of forward motion. (I get it on network TV, week by week.)

P
      It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I'd have to disagree with him on the BSG/Lost thing. Lost was really great and fresh when it first showed up, but quickly lost momentum, and ABC's insane viewing schedule really makes it difficult to keep up with the show. I've never seen Veronica Mars, so I can't really comment on that, but teen shows generally aren't my forte. In my opinion, BSG is the best thing on TV right now, and quite possibly the best scifi series ever to grace the small screen.
        Time is an illusion... Lunchtime, doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
          From EW:

Confessions of a TV Slut

Why Steven King NEEDS television. The writer shares his favorite shows and blames EW for his addiction by Stephen King
          SATURDAY, March 25, 2006

Click on the link to read about the other shows covered. Some excerpts:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
          Not quite as good as Lost, but far better than Star Trek, in any of its incarnations — sorry, Trekkies, but you know I speak the truth. This is a beautifully written show, driven by character rather than effects...but the effects are damn good. And there's not a better acting troupe at work on television. (I get it via computer download, probably from the Cylon Empire.)

VERONICA MARS
          Nancy Drew meets Philip Marlowe, and the result is pure nitro. On what other TV show could you possibly hear a fresh-faced girl detective cry, ''Hi, everybody! Say repressed homosexuality !'' (I've sampled episodes but will wait for the season 2 DVD; the major story line is too good not to be experienced in sequence.)

LOST
          It's simply the best thing on network TV, okay? Mysterious story, beautiful location, attractive cast. The only trouble lately has been the puzzling paucity of new episodes. What's in danger of getting lost is any sense of forward motion. (I get it on network TV, week by week.)

P
          It more like the "Confessions of a TV Whore". We pay Stephen King for the sex...

Comment

EW's Top 10 Dramas

THURSDAY, March 30, 2006

BSG comes in at #4. See if you agree with EW's selections.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Eh. I'd put Lost at #1 and BSG at #2.
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to see 24 made #1.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Ehhh, I think Lost should have been a little higher up on the list, and Gilmore Girls shouldn't have been there at all (i have a very strong dislike towards that show). And Galactica should have beat out CSI (that show is good for a few episodes, but then every story kinda melts together, and they all seem to be the exact same plot after a while). But 24 is a pretty powerful show, so I don't mind it being number 1.

Comment

Meh. I'm supposed to take a list seriously with Everwood and Gilmore Girls on it? I'm surprised 7th Heaven didn't make the list

Also, Law & Order: SVU > CSI

Comment

The Shield shoulda been higher up on the list.
                      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Sci Fi Offer programs Through Video On Demand
                        Thu 30th Mar

Source: IF Magazine

Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal today announced that starting in May, they will begin adding more than a dozen of NBC Universal's most-watched broadcast and cable programs to Comcast's ON DEMAND video-on- demand (VOD) service.

Through this comprehensive agreement, the companies will make select NBC Network primetime, late-night and daytime programs available in Comcast VOD markets served by NBC owned-and-operated stations, as well as hit cable programs from USA Network, SCI FI Channel and Bravo, available on demand in all Comcast VOD markets. NBC Universal on demand programs on Comcast will include:

* Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

* Law & Order: Criminal Intent

* The Office

* Las Vegas

* Conviction

* Monk on USA Network

* SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica and Ghost Hunters

* Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown

* The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

* Late Night with Conan O'Brien

* Passions

"Our growing on-demand lineup of broadcast TV, movies, original content and great cable network shows gives customers access to the ultimate time- shifted viewing experience. With more than 2 billion VOD views since 2004, Comcast customers are showing their strong desire to watch what they want when they want on TV," said Steve Burke, COO of Comcast Corporation and President of Comcast Cable. "NBC Universal's programs are a great addition to our ON DEMAND service, and this agreement will make many of their most popular broadcast and cable programs available to our customers around the clock."

"We're committed to helping viewers enjoy our programs in the ways that are most convenient for them," said David Zaslav, President, NBC Universal Cable. "We're excited to work with Comcast, the country's VOD leader, to offer NBC Universal shows on a platform customers are embracing in record numbers."

NBC Network primetime programs will be available to Comcast Digital Cable customers as early as midnight following their broadcast for 99 cents each. Late-night and daytime shows will be available at no additional charge. NBC Universal Cable shows will be added to the ON DEMAND line-up in all Comcast VOD markets across the country later this year and will be available for the company's Digital Cable customers to view at no additional charge.

The new NBC Universal programs will join Comcast's growing library of more than 7,000 ON DEMAND programs per month, including more than 800 movies, music videos and specials, kids' shows, sports highlights, news and informational programs. With ON DEMAND, customers can play, fast-forward, rewind, pause and restart their choices as many times as they want for up to 24 hours after being selected.

Comment

Originally posted by jonas_fan
                          Ehhh, I think Lost should have been a little higher up on the list, and Gilmore Girls shouldn't have been there at all (i have a very strong dislike towards that show). And Galactica should have beat out CSI (that show is good for a few episodes, but then every story kinda melts together, and they all seem to be the exact same plot after a while). But 24 is a pretty powerful show, so I don't mind it being number 1.
                          CSI is a prime example of a show that suffers from Big Red Reset Button Syndrome.

"Well, I got buried alive and that bug crawled on me. Oh well, I'm over it with near to no ill affects."
                          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

VOD...that seriously sounds like a disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid
                              CSI is a prime example of a show that suffers from Big Red Reset Button Syndrome.

"Well, I got buried alive and that bug crawled on me. Oh well, I'm over it with near to no ill affects."

CSI is a good procedural drama but there is no character development. It´s cool and cold. You can´t connect emotionally with people who never make mistakes.

24....I loved Almeida and Dessler and the pace of the show is great too. It lacks realism but it´s an adrenalin rush!

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha

and some related info at newsarama

Baltar looks a bit Cro-Magnon and Kara looks about 12...

still gonna pick it up though.
                                Hmm, looks promising. Good likenesses.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X