X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Hmmm... Interesting.

Of course there's always the possibility that RDM is frakking with our heads, and that he's making it up as he goes along.
    According to Aaron Douglas, he indeed does.

http://community.livejournal.com/aar...las/56259.html

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
      So what does eveyone think of the theory of flipping the Last Supper image?
      http://community.livejournal.com/bat...og/816559.html

I'm not sure about it. Chief lines up too perfectly for it to be a coincidence. Though Aaron Douglas says there is nothing to it.
      I hadn't seen that! Wow, the guy who thought of that is a frakking genius
      Some stuff do make sense, if you consider the spoilers we've had so far

Spoiler:
      like Anders kissing Six' arm for example....or Roslin and Adama

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5 View Post
        According to Aaron Douglas, he indeed does.

http://community.livejournal.com/aar...las/56259.html
        In that link, Aaron is also just chatting with fans down in the comments section. That is so cool that he would take time to do that.
        Here is a little story Aaron he posted about Ron Moore and the strike:

The day the strike happened Ron flew up to Vancouver to address the entire cast and crew in a huge meeting in the CIC. With tears in his eyes he explained the position of the writers, his sorrow to see the show have to stop, his utter sickness that he feels responsible for the crew being sent home to receive no paycheck and his commitment to bringing BSG back ASAP. One would be very hard pressed to find a classier man than Ronald D. Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
          In that link, Aaron is also just chatting with fans down in the comments section. That is so cool that he would take time to do that.
          Here is a little story Aaron he posted about Ron Moore and the strike:

The day the strike happened Ron flew up to Vancouver to address the entire cast and crew in a huge meeting in the CIC. With tears in his eyes he explained the position of the writers, his sorrow to see the show have to stop, his utter sickness that he feels responsible for the crew being sent home to receive no paycheck and his commitment to bringing BSG back ASAP. One would be very hard pressed to find a classier man than Ronald D. Moore.
          So say we all.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I dunno. I think Aaron believes this was just a shot set up by SFC's marketing crew, and he could be right, but...

1. Clearly that pic WAS "photoshopped" all to hell. If nothing else, since there's only one Trish Helfer, and two Sixes in that shot, either they've gotten really good with mirrors, or there was some Photoshop magic being brought to bare.

2. It's also clearly a composited shot. Sure the cast may have been given minimal direction, stand here, hold this, etc., and it very well could have seemed like "they were making it up as they went along", but that often appears to be the case (and to an extent often is the case) when a shooter is trying to get the coverage required to complete what he has in mind.

3. Those props weren't flown in on a whim. Somebody picked that goblet for its "holy grail" look, and somebody else made sure it was on hand and available as required on the day. Ditto with the knife, the books, the incense burner (as well as a lighter and something to burn in the incense burner). This was an organized shoot.

4. Although (if the shoot took place on the lot), somebody could have flown in Helfer's "Head Six" kit (the platinum blond wig, red dress, & spiky bracelet) on a whim, there's no way around the fact that somebody knew enough to dress Bamber in a suit instead of a uniform, somebody knew the specifics of how to dress Trish and style her hair to be recognizable as the new Six character "Natalie", and that didn't happen without somebody issuing very specific instructions as to what to include in the coverage, and that somebody had to have, if not a very specific list of what needs to be in the coverage, foreknowledge of what's to come in season four.

Maybe Ron wasn't one of the SF people giving instructions from behind the curtain, but somebody back there was working from a pretty specific list of what needed to wind up in the can at the end of the day.

What I could see...
            Ron sketching out the basic idea of what he wanted to accomplish on a sheet of paper and handing it to somebody, or sketching out the details over the phone, and then telling them "get that, but then don't be afraid to surprise me with anything you come up with on the day".

Comment

Originally posted by BumpOnnaHalfApple View Post
              I dunno. I think Aaron believes this was just a shot set up by SFC's marketing crew, and he could be right, but...

1. Clearly that pic WAS "photoshopped" all to hell. If nothing else, since there's only one Trish Helfer, and two Sixes in that shot, either they've gotten really good with mirrors, or there was some Photoshop magic being brought to bare.

2. It's also clearly a composited shot. Sure the cast may have been given minimal direction, stand here, hold this, etc., and it very well could have seemed like "they were making it up as they went along", but that often appears to be the case (and to an extent often is the case) when a shooter is trying to get the coverage required to complete what he has in mind.

3. Those props weren't flown in on a whim. Somebody picked that goblet for its "holy grail" look, and somebody else made sure it was on hand and available as required on the day. Ditto with the knife, the books, the incense burner (as well as a lighter and something to burn in the incense burner). This was an organized shoot.

4. Although (if the shoot took place on the lot), somebody could have flown in Helfer's "Head Six" kit (the platinum blond wig, red dress, & spiky bracelet) on a whim, there's no way around the fact that somebody knew enough to dress Bamber in a suit instead of a uniform, somebody knew the specifics of how to dress Trish and style her hair to be recognizable as the new Six character "Natalie", and that didn't happen without somebody issuing very specific instructions as to what to include in the coverage, and that somebody had to have, if not a very specific list of what needs to be in the coverage, foreknowledge of what's to come in season four.

Maybe Ron wasn't one of the SF people giving instructions from behind the curtain, but somebody back there was working from a pretty specific list of what needed to wind up in the can at the end of the day.

What I could see...
              Ron sketching out the basic idea of what he wanted to accomplish on a sheet of paper and handing it to somebody, or sketching out the details over the phone, and then telling them "get that, but then don't be afraid to surprise me with anything you come up with on the day".
              I tend to agree- whether there are any actual "clues" in it or not, it looks like a very carefully planned photo. Who knows the goblet and other props could be photoshoped (I'm not expert enough to tell), but it all looks pretty real to me. This is definitely not your run of the mill promo photo shoots, and whatever anyone involved says, it's definitely worth taking a second look at at- it's fun anyway! Besides, how often do you see a promo photo this cool?

I really love the creative, "out of the box" thinking that went into creating this pic.

Comment

The reversed/flipped/folded (?) photo is amazing and disturbingly thought provoking, the skills of people in these forums always stun me.

Aside form the above I had a whole other reason for posting here. A review (of sorts) appeared in the Saturday (Melbourne, Austalia) Age newspaper, which has provoked a need to vent.

The reviewer states there are two kinds of people, those who pretend to understand BSG and those who don't. She goes on and on about not understanding the show and it makes no sense etc. She claims to have tried to get it, but the only evidence she offers of this is having watched one episode from season three! Gee what a surprise she doesn't get it, how many people pick up a book flip to the middle, start reading and expect they will have any idea what is going on. The only good part in the article was the information that BSG is coming back to Aussie TV - Yay!, not sure which season though.

I feel better now, back to that amazing photo thing.
                Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.
                Bob Thaves

Comment

Haven't seen any links to this article (WARNING: contains possible spoilers , assuming the article is true of course ).

Article reveals the apparent time setting of Earth. This is news to me, I hope it's true.
                  sigpic
                  FOX Network

Comment

Ya know the more I think about that idea the more I really like it.

Spoiler:
                    Thing is, what's 22nd century Earth like? A horrifying dystopia?

Personally I hope not. There's only so much "dark and edgey" I can take ya know? Seems like in season four EVERYBODY on the show is going to wind up either shivering hopelessly "in the howl of terrible suffering", - or dying.
                    I get the very distinct impression that by the time the RTF reaches Earth, like Baltar, I'm going to be in very bad need of "a ray of hope".

What I'd get a real kick out of,...

They get to Earth, and... low and behold it's a really nice place! But....

Nobody's ever so much as heard of "The Lords of Kobol", "The Sacred Scrolls" or "The Twelve Colonies", (those are all elements from a game no one really remembers) and the only "Pythia" anyone can recall was a "rock star" from a hundred years ago named Andrew Pythia, who's only hit tune, a re-make of "All Along The Watch Tower", was popular with hardcore gamers at the time, that made "Pythia" just enough money to die of a drug overdose in the jacuzzi of a Hollywood brothel! (Picture Roslin's face when she finds THAT out) LOL!

"Cylons" it turns out, was the popular name for TOYS (essentially high tech, "life size and life like", action figures) made by the long defunct "Cylon Systems Corp.", that was sued into bankruptcy by irate parents when teenagers learned to hack their software in order to use them as supposedly "safe" sex toys!
                    The last shipment of "Cylons" anybody ever heard of was on its way to a garbage dump in deep space aboard an automated garbage hauler, that was lost to a previously unknown wormhole, and as best as anyone can figure, the wormhole dumped the "Cylons" thousands of light-years away on "Kobol", several thousand years in the past.

Now the Cylons are back, most of them are under the very mistaken impression that they're actually human, and nobody has any idea at all what to do with them.

I kid.

But, hey, it'd be fun.
                    Last edited by BumpOnnaHalfApple; 24 January 2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I believe the rumours are that

Spoiler:
                      the 13th colony is called cylon and that the m.night whatshisname twist thats mentioned in the article is regarding probably finding that earth is full of cylons, i personally hope not i want the cylons to get there arses whooped by the earth naval fleet and then we find that earth has its very own ai working in the military and they rebel at the very last minute of the series

Comment

Since we're all BSG fans here, why not pop on over to The Colonial Fleet and show your support?

Over there, they call me Cueball...
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                          Haven't seen any links to this article (WARNING: contains possible spoilers , assuming the article is true of course ).

Article reveals the apparent time setting of Earth. This is news to me, I hope it's true.
                          Tricia "Xena" Helfer?!? WTF? Poor journalism and no fan of of the show if you ask me...
                          Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

according to this the strike is pretty much over http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330249,00.html
                            The Writers Guild of America moved swiftly Sunday toward a resolution of its three-month-old strike, with guild leaders deciding to recommend the contract to members and ask them to vote on a quick end to the walkout.

Membership meetings will be conducted Tuesday in New York and Los Angeles to allow writers to decide whether the strike should be brought to a speedy end, said Patric Verrone, president of the Writers Guild of America, West.

The union's negotiating committee also recommended the contract be accepted, and the West guild's board of directors and the East guild's council agreed. They called for a membership ratification vote, which will be conducted by mail over about two weeks.

By asking writers to vote separately and quickly on whether to lift the guild's strike order, the union would allow the entertainment industry to return to work immediately.

Member approval of the contract and an end to the strike appeared likely.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hmmm, yeah...

This is no doubt because the Academy Awards are on the horizon.

I've a feeling that the strike will either be resolved in time for the Oscars, or at least temporarirly suspended for the duration of the awards ceremony.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ga-strike.html

mentions BSG and the strike.

The deal looks OK to "Battlestar Galactica" writer Jane Espenson, who looks forward to picking up her pencil later this week.

Mark Verheiden, another "Battlestar Galactica" writer, said this on his blog: "Either way, tonight's L.A. membership meeting was not the rancorous session some anticipated, but instead the negotiating committee received a standing ovation, the first of several during the evening."

Comment

Working...
                                X