X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the full article

http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/03/22/2155224.shtml
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Great article thanks!!!!

Comment

Those episodes of star trek was the worst. most of what he wrote was voyager episodes voyager the worst ST series of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by IEatCylons
          Those episodes of star trek was the worst. most of what he wrote was voyager episodes voyager the worst ST series of all time.
          Yet those Dead Zone episodes were some of the best. Your point?

"Unreasonable Doubt" was genious, as was "Dinner with Dana". "Valley of the Shadow" was the series' best season premier, and "The Hunt" was something most shows wont touch (Hunting for Osama).

I'm guessing RDM choose his people well. Especially now that Dead Zone is ending, I wouldn't be surprised if more writers from that team jumped ship to BSG. It would be crazy if Pillar himself joined.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Guy BSG is screwed star trek has been killed by these writers whats next Rick Berman

Comment

Guy BSG is screwed star trek has been killed by these writers whats next Rick Berman

Look beyond the work experience on Trek, and consider what else he's done. I remember certain cat-calls about Moore handling BSG and turning it into Voyager. Quite the opposite happened I believe. Moore has pst history with this guy, obviously knows his styles, and believes it to be an asset.

Carefull with the barbs. Until you can see what he's got in mind, how can you be critical of the man?

Patience people!

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

You've never seen The Dead Zone, have you?

Comment

voyager was a lousy show. It would have been all but impossible for a writer to get a decent idea past the two-headed bad-idea-beast that was Bermaga. Besides, we all have to put food on the table somehow, and if you've got the connections to leap from one section of a franchise to another (probably for more/better pay), you're going to take it.

Plus he wrote 'The Visitor' and 'In The Pale Moonlight,' two of the best Star Trek episodes to date. In addition to his apparently noteworthy contributions to The Dead Zone (I've never watched it, so I won't comment on that).
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just realized he also wrote "Cold Hard Truth" for The Dead Zone. One of the best from season three, and his only season three episode from what I can gather.

I loved the first three seasons of this show, but the fourth season took a painfully obvious drop in quality. Hopefully the fifth and final is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                      I'm guessing RDM choose his people well. Especially now that Dead Zone is ending, I wouldn't be surprised if more writers from that team jumped ship to BSG. It would be crazy if Pillar himself joined.
                      Pillar died 5 months ago, haven't heard the news?

Comment

Not Michael, his son Shawn. The two ran The Dead Zone as partners.

Comment

Heh, ex-Trekkies looking out for other ex-Trekkies.

I haven't seen any of the Trek or DZ eps penned by Taylor, so I'll have to hold out on praise or criticism until his BSG eps air.

Comment

"Psylons"

lmao
                            err, whoooooo?

Comment

From Channel Canada:

Space announces the best in Sci-Fi with Spacey nominations

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, King Kong, Batman Begins, Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica are among the top nominees announced today for The 2006 SPACEY Awards. For the fourth year in a row the SPACE production team will travel the globe to track down and honour the finest in science fiction and fantasy entertainment. Featuring SPACE on-air personalities Kim Poirier, Jonathan Llyr and Natasha Eloi, The 2006 SPACEY Awards will air Saturday, May 27 at 9:30pm ET, following the much anticipated season two finale of Battlestar Galactica, airing at 8pm ET.

“SPACE viewers have demanded it, Canadian sci-fi fans can't live without it, so yes, we're poised to return to the airwaves with yet another edition of the annual SPACEY awards, Canada's only sci-fi and fantasy television awards show,” says Paul Gratton, Vice President, Entertainment Specialty Channels, CHUM Television. “In a sea of television award shows, the SPACEYS avoids the podiums and boring award dinners, and takes the show around the globe to find the winners wherever they happen to be. The SPACEYS, are proof positive that SPACE continues to serve the interests of Canadian sci-fi and fantasy fans everywhere.”

Viewers can get involved by voting online in seven Viewer’s Choice categories from March 23 to May 8. To vote, and for a full list of categories and nominees, please visit www.spacecast.com/spaceys. This year’s lifetime achievement and special achievement award winners will be announced at a later date.

Past recipients of the coveted alien head award include Peter Jackson for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King; the recently named longest-running sci-fi series ever, Stargate SG-1; horror legend George Romero; Enterprise actress Jolene Blalock; and Spiderman 2 director Sam Raimi.

The 2006 SPACEY Awards premieres Saturday, May 27 at 9:30pm ET with encore presentations Saturday, May 27 at 12:30am ET, Sunday, May 28 at 3:30pm ET and Tuesday, May 30 at 10pm ET.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

The cons:
                                He wrote for post-Roddenbury Trek...the worst stuff ever put on TV

The pros:
                                he wrote for Dead Zone...some of the best stuff put on tv.

so...it shows that a good writer when shackled by narrow minds and a bad formula (Trek) can only put out crap if that's all the people in charge of firing him will let him put out...when given the chance to work on a decent show with a set of people that don't expect the same ep every week but with different names and places...he put out some really good stories.

on a semi-related note....if DZ writers are jumping ship...that's another nail in the coffin for ongoing DZ stories...bummer.
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ
                                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                                X