This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Ranapia
    Oh, please... I only have an obsolete VCR, but I've learned the hard way to always program it to record a couple of minutes later than the published end time. Can't you do that with DVD-Rs or TiVo?
    I thought this was one of the "unwritten rules" of taping a show, no matter the medium. Huh.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
      Uhhh... it's kind of old news, there were a couple of threads on this last year... The eps look good, but they don't compare to DVDs.
      Totally agreed, I think he's been living under a rock for the last year.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Ranapia
        Oh, please... I only have an obsolete VCR, but I've learned the hard way to always program it to record a couple of minutes later than the published end time. Can't you do that with DVD-Rs or TiVo?

I am really P***ed-off that the "international" version is going to be 60 minutes, because it's going to be utterly incoherent at that length. I hope the full version will at least be offered to Three before season two screens down here in New Zealand, because they can re-arrange their schedules at a drop of the hat for 24, Lost and Desperate Housewives...

Could it be that the international version will have what the season finale of Nip/Tuck and a couple other popular cable shows have had......no commercial breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One
          Could it be that the international version will have what the season finale of Nip/Tuck and a couple other popular cable shows have had......no commercial breaks?
          Perhaps, but BSG screens on a free-to-air network in NZ and asking those folks to give up their ads is like asking Baltar to take a vow of celibacy (or sanity), or asking Kara and the Tighs around for dinner and expecting them to leave the liquor cabinet alone. Possible but near-infinitely improbable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow
            I thought this was one of the "unwritten rules" of taping a show, no matter the medium. Huh.
            You can't do it on my PVR. I'd have to select it to tape the show that's on after BSG (or whatever show I'm PVRing).

Comment

My DirecTV TiVo had automatically picked up on the show running over and scheduled itself to record for 92 minutes instead of 90. I guess someone at TiVo was on the ball and had their schedule up to date. It must of be other, cheaper DVRs which didn't have their schedules updated to reflect the longer run time.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One
                You can't do it on my PVR. I'd have to select it to tape the show that's on after BSG (or whatever show I'm PVRing).
                The box that I got from my cable provider allows me to set times, so I can set it to continue for one minute or more after the end of the show. I just did not know it was going to run a minute or two over. Damn.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

I'm just happy I got to see it in it's entirety. An awesome finale.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I doubt the international version will be without commercials - the 90 minute version without commercials clocked in at 1hr 6 min, which is a little more overrun than most networks would probably go for. At least they'll probably put the full version in the DVD set like they did with the eppy Threads on SG1

P.S. I also set my VCR to tape a few min before and after the show - but I learned that the hard way after missing the last 30sec of an episode of Alias with a giant cliffhanger

Comment

From SkyOne:

Win a Year's Subscription to The Official Battlestar Galactica Magazine - U.K. Residents Only

Today, March 13, 2006, is the last day to enter the contest

Battlestar Galactica has hit the ground running with a blistering start to its second series on Sky One. Now fans can go further behind-the-scenes of the groundbreaking show with The Official Battlestar Galactica Magazine.

The magazine features the latest news direct from the production offices, interviews with the cast and crew, and on-set reports that take you behind-the-scenes. The Official Battlestar Galactica Magazine is the first and last word for all Battlestar fans. To discover more about the magazine visit www.titanmagazines.co.uk

To celebrate the launch of the magazine and the second series on Sky One, Titan have provided us with a year's subscription for one lucky reader, plus five runner-ups will each win a copy of the magazine. To be in with a chance of winning the year's subscription to the magazine, answer the following:

The first series ended with the shooting of Commander William Adama, but who shot him?
                      Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii
                      Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace
                      Lee 'Apollo' Adama

===============================================

Terms and Conditions:
                      1. This Promotion is open to all UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of British Sky Broadcasting Limited, their associated companies, their families, agents and anyone involved in the administration of the Promotion.
                      2. The Promotion starts at 00:01 on 14 February 2006 and ends at 23:59 on 13 March 2006.
                      3. To take part in the Promotion entrants must enter the skyone.co.uk quiz online, answer the multiple-choice question and fill in their details as indicated. All entrants who correctly answer the question before the closing date will be automatically entered into the free prize draw. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your email. Only one entry per person and/or per email address.
                      4. On 14 March 2006 an independent person will draw one prize winner and five runners-up at random from all eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by email by 21 March 2006.
                      5. The prize winner will receive a year's subscription to the Battlestar Galactica magazine. The five runners-up will receive a copy of the Battlestar Galactica magazine.
                      6. There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part of them).
                      7. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
                      8. The prize is non-refundable and not transferable.
                      9. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier will apply to the prize where applicable.
                      10. The Promoter's decision is final and legally binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
                      11. Details of the prize winners' names and counties will be available for one month after the draw by writing to Battlestar Galactica Magazine Subscription comp at Sky skyone.co.uk, Unit 9, British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.
                      12. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes.
                      Promoter: British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

To all Canunks out there that get the movie channels (i.e. Movie Central) Eddie's movie "Walkout" has began play on the channel. It also has Brodie in it. I was able to catch part of it last night, but was not able to catch it all. Plus Eddie does have a small cameo. It is totally worth it to watch it!

Here are the show times:
                        Mar 18 8:00 pm MT, 11:00 pm MT Premiere
                        Mar 19 4:30 am MT
                        Mar 24 5:30 pm MT, 11:45 pm MT
                        Mar 25 4:30 am MT
                        Apr 2 5:00 pm MT, 11:00 pm MT
                        Apr 12 8:00 pm MT
                        Apr 13 4:00 am MT
                        Apr 22 10:00 am MT, 4:15 pm MT
                        Apr 22 10:45 pm MT
                        Apr 28 1:45 pm MT
                        Apr 29 12:00 Midnight MT, 4:10 am MT

Comment

I wish someone from TPTB would weigh in on whether or not there's going to be a s2 complete DVD set. If there is then I'll wait. If there isn't then I see no reason why I shouldn't go out and purchase s2.0 now while waiting for 2.5.

Yes, I'm already going through withdrawl.

Comment

Why would they not bring out 2.5 in May or June then wait till the next season comes out to have the 'All Of Season Two' set? Bang for there buck, and that's the bottom line.
                            I for one will buy 2.5 as soon as it comes out and not look back. I will be pissed if I have to by an 'all of season two' set to get the second half of the season. And this would affect how I but BSG stuff in the future.
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze
                              Why would they not bring out 2.5 in May or June then wait till the next season comes out to have the 'All Of Season Two' set? Bang for there buck, and that's the bottom line.
                              I for one will buy 2.5 as soon as it comes out and not look back. I will be pissed if I have to by an 'all of season two' set to get the second half of the season. And this would affect how I but BSG stuff in the future.
                              I completely agree. I would be very hesitant to buy any more BSG dvds if I have to buy the first half of season 2 all over again in order to get the second half.

Comment

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5355

It's still just a rumor, but a complete set is looking more and more unlikely.
                                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X