X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    BSG - SciFi Wire: Premiere will run 3 1/2 mins long:

At SciFi Wire:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Battlestar Galactica premiere will run 3 1/2 minutes long

SCI FI Channel is letting viewers know that the Jan. 16 return of Battlestar Galactica at 10 p.m. will run 3 1/2 minutes long, so make sure to plan ahead if you're watching live or set your DVR accordingly if you're not.

3 1/2 minute long??? meaning 210 seconds only???

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post

3 1/2 minute long??? meaning 210 seconds only???
      It means 3 1/2 mintutes extra. Longer than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
        It means 3 1/2 mintutes extra. Longer than usual.
        Ooops my bad

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          BSG - SciFi Wire: Premiere will run 3 1/2 mins long:

At SciFi Wire:

Battlestar Galactica premiere will run 3 1/2 minutes long

SCI FI Channel is letting viewers know that the Jan. 16 return of Battlestar Galactica at 10 p.m. will run 3 1/2 minutes long, so make sure to plan ahead if you're watching live or set your DVR accordingly if you're not.
          Thanks for posting this, morjana. I would have been so upset if my DVR wouldn't have recorded the entire episode.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is it true that the season 4.5 will be 11 episode long? Because there were news we will get extended episodes as well. Plus we willl get the two hour long BSG : The Plan - the second BSG DVD movie.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Los Angeles Times: Exclusive Photos Countdown:

At the Los Angeles Times Show Tracker (Los Angeles, CA):

(Please follow the link for the complete article and to view the photos.)

'Battlestar Galactica' countdown: Exclusive photos

Jan 13 2009

Over at our Hero Complex blog, Times staff writer Geoff Boucher was able to score some exclusive images from the set of "Battlestar Galactica," complete with photos of the CIC and many actors ...

... Tomorrow in the countdown: Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

BSG - Paley Center for Media: POLL - Who is the Last Cylon?:

At The Paley Center for Media:

Battlestar Galactica Final Cylon

Who is the final Cylon?

* Admiral William Adama (Edward James Olmos)

Quoth Leoben: “Adama is a Cylon.” When D’Anna tells Roslin that only four of the final five Cylons are in her fleet in “Revelations,” where was Adama?

* Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell)

Cured of cancer with Hera’s blood, she can be ruthless.

* Lee “Apollo” Adama (Jamie Bamber)

Switched at birth?

* Dr. Gaius Baltar (James Callis)

The hybrid says the final Cylon is “clawing toward redemption.” But doesn’t Baltar embody humanity—at its worst and best?

* Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff)

Too obvious? The hybrid claims Starbuck will lead humanity to its end. Sackhoff insists it isn’t she.

* Felix Gaeta (Alessandro Juliani)

Missing from the famous Entertainment Weekly “Last Supper” photo, he is tech-savvy.

* Tom Zarek (Richard Hatch)

Also MIA from “The Last Supper.” How ironic would that be?

* Anastasia “Dee” Dualla (Kandyse McClure)

A wolf in sheep’s clothing? Like Gaeta and Zarek, missing from EW. And she was an Adama.

* Karl “Helo” Agathon (Tahmoh Penikett)

Can’t think of a single reason.

* None of the above

Is it someone else not listed? Post a comment below after voting [at the link above].

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

nice, but some of us already know who the Fifth is
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely a Battlestar fan, but seriously, could ScFi be any pushier about the premier? It seems every other commercial has the "You will know the truth" or other catchy Battlestar slogan. Though I suppose they have to since the last half of the season was a year ago...

Comment

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...star-ga-5.html

'Battlestar Galactica' countdown: Alessandro Juliani's Felix Gaeta
                      01:08 PM PT, Jan 14 2009

Alessandro Juliani's Felix Gaeta is an understated but integral character in the "Battlestar Galactica" universe. He's come through in many tough situations (hot-wiring Galactica, spotting all those frakking Cylon Basestars, saving the whole human race by helping during the occupation), and now he has what seems to be a permanent limp to show for it.

We caught up with Alessandro for a quick Q&A as the season premiere nears.

Pick two moments during the show's run that you would call "defining," for both your character and the show overall.

For Felix — "The Stump Serenade" and a moment yet to be aired that will be extremely obvious once viewed.

For "Battlestar" — Eddie's ad-libbed "So say we all!" in the miniseries.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Chicago Tribune

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....saul-tigh.html

It's the final stage of the epic journey for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Life is often more about the journey than the destination. But sometimes the destination matters.

For the surviving humans in the ragtag fleet on “Battlestar Galactica” (9 p.m. Friday, Sci Fi; four stars), one hope had kept them going through years of war with their enemies, the Cylons. The survivors hoped and prayed that one day they’d find Earth, the home of humanity’s lost “13th Tribe,” and the fleet’s long journey would be over. They’d find rest.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

http://www.daemonstv.com/2009/01/15/...-4-episode-11/

Early Review: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA “Sometimes A Great Notion” (Season 4 Episode 11)

I just finished watching the first of the 10 new episodes from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, “Sometimes A Great Notion,” which premieres tonight, January 16, at 10pm on Sci Fi. All I gotta say is FRAK ME!!!

Unfortunately, I have been sworn not to reveal the juiciest details from the premiere, but I will try to do my best to convey how exciting the episode was.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...0,802823.story

'Battlestar' begins final journey
                          January 16, 2009
                          Life is often more about the journey than the destination. But sometimes the destination matters.

For the surviving humans in the ragtag fleet on "Battlestar Galactica" (9 p.m. Friday, Sci Fi ****), one hope had kept them going through years of war with their enemies, the Cylons. The survivors hoped and prayed that one day they'd find Earth, the home of humanity's lost "13th Tribe," and the fleet's long journey would be over. They'd find rest.

Only it didn't quite work out that way. (If you don't want to know what happened in the first half of Season 4, stop reading now.)

rest at link above

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et...,5812086.story

'Battlestar' crew confronts a terrible reality
                          All that the surviving humans have hoped for is dust. And things are bound to get worse before they get better.
                          By MARY McNAMARA, Television Critic

Not every show could survive a midseason break of more than six months, but then “Battlestar Galactica” isn't every show. It's an ever-evolving mythology, possibly a new teched-out version of the book of Genesis. Production for its fourth and final season was interrupted by last year's writers strike, breaking the narrative rather neatly in half and providing the adrenaline rush of a midseason cliffhanger of serious proportions.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori.../?zIndex=37993

In the air: 'Battlestar Galactica' is worth its wait in gold
                          By Karla Peterson (Contact) Union-Tribune Staff Writer
                          2:00 a.m. January 16, 2009

The remaining episodes of the fourth and final season of “Battlestar Galactica” begin airing tonight at 10 on the Sci Fi Channel, but I can't tell you anything about them because I don't want to know.

Please, no hate mail or severed Cylon heads in my bed. I am a loyal follower of Adm. William Adama and his time-jumping crew, and I can't wait to see how they wrap it all up when the final episode of this stunning space epic airs in March. I'm just not ready to see it now.

Here's the rub. The first season of “Battlestar Galactica” debuted in January 2005. After hearing raves from critics and besotted testimonials from fans, I started watching it in June. Of 2008

rest at link above

Comment

Battlestar Galactica farewell gallery at Variety:

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...galleryid=2491

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009...steer-bat.html

Strong Women Steer Battlestar Galactica's Final Voyage

Excerpt:

In her autobiography Wishful Drinking, Carrie Fisher recalls her most memorable direction from George Lucas while playing Princess Leia in Star Wars: Forget about wearing a bra because "there's no underwear in outer space."

The women of sci-fi have come a long way since then, and for proof, look no further than Battlestar Galactica. Returning Friday night for the start of its final half-season, the Peabody Award-winning television series continues to blend current events and religion into its thoughtful story lines. Along …

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

TV Guide - contains spoilers, I'm sure

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jamie-Ba...s-1001699.aspx

excerpt:

Jamie Bamber Promises Answers on Battlestar Galactica
                              Jan 16, 2009 10:52 AM ET by Erin Fox

Jamie Bamber's run as the handsome fighter pilot, and now vice president, on Battlestar Galactica (Friday, 10 pm/ET, Sci Fi) will be coming to an end in a few months as the show draws to a conclusion.TVGuide.com spoke to the sexy Brit, now back in the UK filming Law & Order: London, about the questions that will be answered throughout the last season of BSG, how he reacted to the final script and why he stole his flight suit from set.

TVGuide.com: With Battlestar coming to a close, what's been the response of fans to you on the streets of London? Are they begging you for information on who the last Cylon is?

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

I'm hazarding a guess that BSG articles out today and hence forth will contain spoilers, so you open at your own risk

http://www.dvrplayground.com/blog/en...Francis-Daley/

Exclusive Interview: Tamoh Penikett Talks BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and DOLLHOUSE Star
                                John Francis Daley

Excerpt:

After parlaying five seasons on the critically acclaimed BATTLESTAR GALACTICA into a starring role in Joss Whedon’s highly anticipated new series DOLLHOUSE, some might say Tamoh Penikett is the luckiest actor in Hollywood. This TV Addict wouldn’t be one of those people.

As recently, we were given the opportunity to interview Penikett, whose incredibly concise and well thought out answers made it clear that ‘luck’ has nothing to do with it.

The following is what he had to say with regards to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA coming to an end, the fate of his character Lt. Karl C. ‘Helo’ Agathon and his role in Whedon’s upcoming DOLLHOUSE.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/feature/...bsg_explainer/

Everything you were afraid to ask about "Battlestar Galactica"

A complete (updated!) primer on the smartest sci-fi TV show ... maybe ever.

Editor's note: This "Battlestar Galactica" guide updates an earlier article to include information on the first half of Season 4 and "The Face of the Enemy" webisodes.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...tml?id=1185180

Solving the mysteries of Battlestar Galactica

By Kat Angus, January 16, 2009 1:01 PM

EXCERPT:
                                It's been a long seven months for Ron Moore and David Eick. The final season of Battlestar Galactica has been one of those most anticipated television events of the last decade, and fans and critics alike cried out in frustration when the Sci Fi network decided to split the season in half, airing the first ten episodes in early 2008 and saving the rest for 2009. Since the first part of Season 4 finished airing last June, executive producers Moore and Eick have fielded countless complaints about how much fans disliked the long hiatus.

"People have made that very clear to me," Moore says, sighing. "I gathered that."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X