Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucking just about every ratings trend in television, Sci Fi Channel’s “Battlestar Galactica” has gained in the Nielsens compared to last year.

Seven episodes into its fourth season, the show is up 4% among adults 18 to 49 (averaging 1.4 million viewers) compared to the show’s “Season 3.5” 2007 run. When you factor only episodes that have full-seven days of DVR use available, the show is up 18%. Total viewers (2.1 million) are up even more. Also: Last season the show aired on Sunday nights, a night with higher audience levels.

Why this is interesting: “Battlestar” been on a downward ratings trend the past few years. Serialized shows, as many have pointed out, do not usually gain in the ratings.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUD7...eature=related

alternate intro for the series done in the 70's style
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...galactica.html

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA'S CYLON CENTURIONS COME TO LIFE AS STUNNING FULL-SIZE MASTERPIECE REPRODUCTIONS FROM FRED BARTON PRODUCTIONS
        Published: May 28, 2008

preview / download

BSG's Famed Cylon Centurion Is Now Available For Individual Purchase

Cylon Reproduction Stands Seven Feet Tall, Features Advanced Electronics, Red LED Light Effects And Trademark Scanning Eye Movements

BURBANK, Calif. - May 28, 2008 - Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group today announced that "Battlestar Galactica's" infamous Cylon Centurion Robots have arrived… as full-size masterpiece replicas from Fred Barton Productions. The announcement was made by Bill Kispert, Vice President and General Manager, Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group. This high-end replica was created by Fred Barton Productions through a licensing agreement with Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group.

These amazing reproductions stand seven feet tall, feature advanced electronics and the trademark sinister red LED scanning eye movements that fans of the series have come to know. There are two life-size versions of the Cylon Centurions available for purchase, one is from the original classic series and the other is from the current Emmy Award-winning "Battlestar Galactica" series, which airs on SCI FI Channel (Fridays 10-11 p.m. ET/PT). Both are made in the USA and retail for $7,900.00. They are now available at specialty retailers and online through www.the-robotman.com /www.the-robotman.com> and NBCstore.com.

"'Battlestar Galactica' is one of the most exciting and visually intense series on television, with the Cylons being one of its most intriguing character sets," said Kispert. "We are pleased to partner with Fred Barton Productions to create this museum-quality replica. Barton is a master craftsman, and his attention to detail on this project authentically captures the essence of one of the show's signature characters."

"I have always wanted to make the Battlestar Galactica robots," said Fred Barton, "so I was delighted when NBC Universal approached me about bringing the Cylons to life. I loved having the chance to create the re-imagined Cylon, based only on a computer generated design and I know that fans of the show will be as impressed as I am with how these Cylons appear in person."

The Cylon Centurion replicas were both molded and hand-sculpted to perfection in Barton's Los Angeles studios using an original costume from the 1970s and a computer generated, automated foam-cut Cylon, which was scaled to the imposing height of seven feet. The body is made of 100% fiberglass. The classic Cylon Centurion boasts a "reflective showroom finish," while the Cylon from the current series bears a "distressed multi-tone finish." Both incorporate synchronized stereo sound and lighting effects, advanced electronics and red LED light effects.

About "Battlestar Galactica"
        "Battlestar Galactica" (SCI FI Channel Fridays 10-11 p.m. ET/PT) is the gripping saga of humanity's last remnants and their struggle to find a new home while fleeing from their deadly Cylon enemies. Redefining the space opera with its gritty realism, Galactica's intensity, issues-driven topicality, and command performances have garnered it numerous awards, including an Emmy and the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award. The show was recognized by the American Film Institute (AFI) as one of the most outstanding programs of the year two years running. The series is from Universal Media Studios and is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. The outstanding ensemble cast is led by Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park.

About Fred Barton Productions
        Fred Barton is America's "Robot Man." His Hollywood-based company, Fred Barton Productions, Inc., is the world's leading producer of museum-quality, famous animatronic movie and television Robot replicas, sought internationally by private collectors and museums. After falling in love with "Robby, The Robot" from "Forbidden Planet," Barton developed his own "Robby" as a teenager, and ultimately became the exclusive manufacturer and licensee of the life-sized "Robby, the Robot" through Turner Entertainment. Barton has also created museum quality replicas of the iconic "Gort," from "The Day The Earth Stood Still," and the original Star Wars Trilogy droids "R2-D2" and "C-3PO," as well as "Maria" from the classic science fiction film, "Metropolis," the "Target Earth" robot, "Tobor, the Great," the "Silent Running Drones" and many others. For more information, please visit www.the-robotman.com /www.the-robotman.com>

About Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group

Universal Pictures Digital Platforms (UPDPG) is responsible for global digital product development, production, licensing, distribution, and growth strategy for the extensive catalogue of Universal's properties across new and emerging digital platforms, including mobile, video game consoles, personal computers, and other portable devices. With a worldwide mandate to help shape the digital future of Universal Pictures, the Group has offices in Universal City, California; London, England; and Tokyo, Japan.

Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group is a unit of Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures. Universal Pictures is a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and 20% owned by Vivendi.

Comment

If I had that kind of money one of those would be mine in a second. Put it by the front door to scare off normal un-cool visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUD7...eature=related

alternate intro for the series done in the 70's style
            I like it so much I posted it to a comm in LJ. (as cheesy as it was, I loved the original series, of course, I was 5 - can't believe my folks let me watch it)
            Papa Thrace - LOL!

Comment

Here is an interview with Alesandro Juiliani. He has some interesting things to say. http://tv.ign.com/articles/877/877683p1.html
              When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

I guess that means Gaeta makes it to episode 18?
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

There is a posting WITH PICTURE of the supposed fifth and final cylon here...

********SPOILER WARNING************

http://gizmo42.com/blog/pl/blog_read.pl?blogID=63

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
                    Here is an interview with Alesandro Juiliani. He has some interesting things to say. http://tv.ign.com/articles/877/877683p1.html
                    Glad to see him mentioning the unresolved plot line between Gaeta and Baltar. Not sure I really need to see more Baltar, but I'd like to keep the "what-ifs" off the forums for years to come if they just wrap it up all canon-like.

Comment

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

May 30 2008

'Battlestar Galactica' music takes off
                      Composer makes his mark with sci-fi series
                      By JON BURLINGAME

"Crescendo into bar 46. Much more dramatic -- get to the forte in 45. Bar 34, subito piano on beat two."

It may be musical gibberish to most of us. Fortunately, the 30 string players on this date can make sense of the direction from the man on the podium. He's Bear McCreary, conducting cue 4m21 of episode 10 of this season's "Battlestar Galactica" at Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood on a recent Monday afternoon.

"Galactica" offers some of the most innovative music on TV today. A glance at the score for 4m21 shows why: Chinese membrane flute, Indian bansuri flute, duduk (a soulful Armenian woodwind), erhu (Chinese violin), yialli tanbur (a Turkish lute), dumbek (Middle Eastern drum), Japanese taiko drums -- plus four brass players, those 30 strings and a 12-voice choir.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

May 30 2008

'Battlestar Galactica' music takes off
                        Composer makes his mark with sci-fi series
                        By JON BURLINGAME

"Crescendo into bar 46. Much more dramatic -- get to the forte in 45. Bar 34, subito piano on beat two."

It may be musical gibberish to most of us. Fortunately, the 30 string players on this date can make sense of the direction from the man on the podium. He's Bear McCreary, conducting cue 4m21 of episode 10 of this season's "Battlestar Galactica" at Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood on a recent Monday afternoon.

"Galactica" offers some of the most innovative music on TV today. A glance at the score for 4m21 shows why: Chinese membrane flute, Indian bansuri flute, duduk (a soulful Armenian woodwind), erhu (Chinese violin), yialli tanbur (a Turkish lute), dumbek (Middle Eastern drum), Japanese taiko drums -- plus four brass players, those 30 strings and a 12-voice choir.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by shadow6six View Post
                          There is a posting WITH PICTURE of the supposed fifth and final cylon here...

http://gizmo42.com/blog/pl/blog_read.pl?blogID=63

Hmmm...

Is that
                          Spoiler:
                          Starbuck?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

According to Koenigrules aka the Dr. and Mrs Who:
                            Spoiler:
                            The BSG finale may be three hours long. Additionally, Galactica will not show up in the present or past. Filming for the last two episodes is also supposed to begin on Monday, June 9.
                            Last edited by nckzvnbr; 05 June 2008, 08:50 PM.
                            When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

Thought this was quite interesting;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7444390.stm

So the BBC is aware of BSG.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Don't really know where something like this goes. It is almost cool enough for it's own thread...

http://www.bindledog.com/adamaoracle.html

I know what I'll be doing during the hiatus.

Comment

Working...
                                X