The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MissJanet View Post
    In YCTML the actor, that is the one who played Jame Gumb in "Silence of the lambs", isn't he? He gives me the creeps, and the creeps. I don't want him in a toilet having sex with Laura Roslin.

Yeah, I realize that I make no sense, but honestly, it seems wrong to me since I identify both actors by the other roles they play/ed.

Well that the same with me and Adar... the actor played the bad guy in Airborne and in Storm of the Centrury (both films have Torri Higginson in it ) he even played the devil in person, and then he's kissing Laura I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
      I decided to watch the english version on my computer now I'm just too lazy to go to the living room and turn on the tv

*lol* maybe who knows?? well first I ordered the german version, but after like 1 month I get a message that it's not available anymore...and well now I ordered the english one and I'm at the same point

I'm thinking about ordering Metwan... but I don't know I just have the feeling that the Film isn't what I usually like to watch... how much MM does it have??? if it's over 10 minutes then it'd be definitely worth 22CHF
      lol, lazy or not the English version is probably better anyway *huggles frakked up German dubbing*

*grins* und wir könnten ja immer noch einen kleinen x-mas-tausch machen

I don't know I haven't seen it, yet. I just had to get my hands on anything Mary-related and then I hadn't the time to watch it *facepalm*
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Well that the same with me and Adar... the actor played the bad guy in Airborne and in Storm of the Centrury (both films have Torri Higginson in it ) he even played the devil in person, and then he's kissing Laura I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO
        looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, exactly my thought, too!!!
        (But I played nice and went from this point to saying "Isn't that Colm Feore?!?" XD doesn't mean I like Adar anything more, though he's one of those lucky lucky men )

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
          lol, lazy or not the English version is probably better anyway *huggles frakked up German dubbing*

*grins* und wir könnten ja immer noch einen kleinen x-mas-tausch machen

I don't know I haven't seen it, yet. I just had to get my hands on anything Mary-related and then I hadn't the time to watch it *facepalm*
          *lol* yes maybe...though when I'm watching it on my computer I need more time *lol*I'm only 6 minutes into it...but
          Spoiler:
          David Strathairns character reading the Playboy in embossed printing is so LMAO!!

Oh, you have both???
          Ich glaub da komm ich wirklich auf den Weihnachtstausch zurück

Comment

*lol* yes maybe...though when I'm watching it on my computer I need more time *lol*I'm only 6 minutes into it...but
            Spoiler:
            David Strathairns character reading the Playboy in embossed printing is so LMAO!!

Oh, you have both???
            Ich glaub da komm ich wirklich auf den Weihnachtstausch zurück
            yeah, me, too. I'm so distracted by the internet every time I'm watching something on my pc and I usually do cause it has the only DVD player

Apropos Playboy. Some guy in lecture today had the Playboy with him!!! lol. I don'Ät think he'll remember anything of that class XD

*grins* yup.
            kannste gerne machen

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
              yeah, me, too. I'm so distracted by the internet every time I'm watching something on my pc and I usually do cause it has the only DVD player

Apropos Playboy. Some guy in lecture today had the Playboy with him!!! lol. I don'Ät think he'll remember anything of that class XD

*grins* yup.
              kannste gerne machen
              Well I have 2 dvd players, but on the tv in my room the colors are pretty wrong, so it's all veeeery reddish, which I hate, so either living room or computer
              Yeah, internet can be VERY distracting...especially when you are a member of a certain forum called Gateworld

Oh man, Playboy to Uni...there are crazy people...okay at least playboy isn't that smuttish, but also esthetic...it could be worse

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                *giggles* Hee! Yes. Very, very noisy. That poor kid...
                Well... ahem... I just watched it. Indeed, veeery noisy! A bit of a thing with Mary and her movies isn't it, or is it just me? Yes, and the poor kid!!! Probably scarred for life... Very hot. And in a school... well, well, well... Just imagine what it would be like in one of the tiny bathrooms on Galactica... or on NC, during a break in Laura's school tent... *clears throat*
                Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
                  Well... ahem... I just watched it. Indeed, veeery noisy! A bit of a thing with Mary and her movies isn't it, or is it just me? Yes, and the poor kid!!! Probably scarred for life... Very hot. And in a school... well, well, well... Just imagine what it would be like in one of the tiny bathrooms on Galactica... or on NC, during a break in Laura's school tent... *clears throat*
                  *giggle* Yep. Tent sex! No question about what the Admiral and Dr. Roslin are discussing in THAT meeting!

And yes, Billy, I think asked the question--Mary's toilet sex partner was the dude who played Jame Gumb. If his character wasn't so sweet in YCTML it would be totally, totally wrong. As it was, it took a couple times to get used to the idea. The first time I saw that scene, I was like "OMG, RUN Mary! Don't let him do that to you, he's gonna make you into a woman suit!!"

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                    *giggle* Yep. Tent sex! No question about what the Admiral and Dr. Roslin are discussing in THAT meeting!

And yes, Billy, I think asked the question--Mary's toilet sex partner was the dude who played Jame Gumb. If his character wasn't so sweet in YCTML it would be totally, totally wrong. As it was, it took a couple times to get used to the idea. The first time I saw that scene, I was like "OMG, RUN Mary! Don't let him do that to you, he's gonna make you into a woman suit!!"
                    That so reminds me that I need to get my copy of YCTML back from my friend. Every time I go to get she like you can't come over. I think that she keeps replaying the HOTT SEX over and over.

Comment

*yeeekk* I watched Sneakers yesterday... Totaly loved it, the whole thing. Ususally films with such a big star-squad suck, but this one I liked... and we see MM dance Priceless!!!! Well her hair was short again 3 good films (Passion Fish, Grand Canyon and now Sneakers) and she has all short hair Well the Laura-hair she has now is definitely more her style, so I hope the producers won't get some baaaaaad ideas

Comment

*yeeekk* I watched Sneakers yesterday... Totaly loved it, the whole thing. Ususally films with such a big star-squad suck, but this one I liked... and we see MM dance Priceless!!!! Well her hair was short again 3 good films (Passion Fish, Grand Canyon and now Sneakers) and she has all short hair Well the Laura-hair she has now is definitely more her style, so I hope the producers won't get some baaaaaad ideas
                        Yeah, I hope she doesn't cut her hair. I don't like it short at ALL. It's so thick and pretty, it's just a shame to cut it off.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

*giggles* that are totally the only complaints I've of these three films. lol. as sidhe said her hair is too good to be cut lalalala (and on Torri I like the shorter hair better but sometimes it seems I'm the only one )

Comment

You know I've read somewhere that if you cut your hair really short that is grows out better then it was before. I must admit that she had really pretty hair in Dances with Wolves but if you look at any of her pics after her hair starts to grow out again is looks so much more prettyful. So I guess we could say that the Laura Hair was a result of her cutting it so short in the early 90s

May I present Anatomy of Mary's Hair
                            Spoiler:

*early 90s before short cut*

*grand canyon hair*

*nola hair*

*miniseries hair*

*season one hair*

*season two hair*

*end of season two hair because they did one year jump*

*and season three*

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
                              You know I've read somewhere that if you cut your hair really short that is grows out better then it was before. I must admit that she had really pretty hair in Dances with Wolves but if you look at any of her pics after her hair starts to grow out again is looks so much more prettyful. So I guess we could say that the Laura Hair was a result of her cutting it so short in the early 90s
                              Well my dad's friend is a doctor, and he said that there's nothing behind this theory. You only have to cut your hair regulary (at least every 4-6 month), but it doesn't really matter how short *sniffles* otherwise I'd cut it that short as well once... mine really really sucks

Hm, I guess she wasn't allowed to comb her hair for month to get the DWW-look

@Billy: *lol* yeah, you are the only one I like Torris LONG as well

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post

May I present Anatomy of Mary's Hair
                                Spoiler:

*early 90s before short cut*

*grand canyon hair*

*nola hair*

*miniseries hair*

*season one hair*

*season two hair*

*end of season two hair because they did one year jump*

*and season three*

Oooooh!! Loved those pics!! Thanks for that. You know what, I quite like the early 90s hair. And I really like the hair in Grand Canyon (which I still haven't seen). The worst EVER, in my opinion, is the miniseries hair... *blerg* Oh, and I really didn't like that hair in Dances With Wolves. The whole time I was just thinking "would it kill you to brush that hair??!!"
                                I don't mind Mary with short hair. I, personally, have never liked really long hair. I prefer it short. But by short I mean like, shoulder length. But yeah, her Laura hair I think is the greatest too...

And yes, I guess it is true what you said about hair growing out better when you get it cut. Doesn't have to be extremely short, but whatever... I mean, you do have to get your hair - even if it's just a trim - cut regularly... My mother always, my whole life, told me that I needed to get my hair cut because that would make it grow out nicer. And that's really what happened to my mom... when she was younger, I didn't like her hair much, then she cut it really, really short and now her hair is beautiful.
                                Last edited by _angi_; 24 December 2006, 08:17 PM.
                                Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X