The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
    She is curious and she loves to criticize me. A few months or years from now she will "discover" BSG and I´ll tell her "I told you!" as I always do. I got VIP tickets so we´ll in the 1st row. It´s amazing!
    hehe, have fun you two and enjoy the view, must be great from the 1st row!
    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
      hehe, have fun you two and enjoy the view, must be great from the 1st row!
      I hope so! Good luck with your exams!

Comment

I hope so! Good luck with your exams!
        Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by sweetMaggie View Post
          SO SAY WE AL
          I love her in the CLOSER, but I love her more in BSG. Just her level of acting is astonishing and amazing and she floors me every time I see her work on screen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
            I love her in the CLOSER, but I love her more in BSG. Just her level of acting is astonishing and amazing and she floors me every time I see her work on screen.
            So say we all.

And trust me she doesn't just floor you on screen but with anything she does!

Comment

Hi. How about those exams? Happy ending?

Comment

Hi. This is absolutely off-topic, but I just saw your signature. Do you know how many hours of sleed I lost because of your fanfiction?. I´m a huge MM fan.....but my nickname includes "Carter" for a reason, and there is a tiny step between Carter and Magnus.

I just wanted you to know I love your stories.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post

Hi. This is absolutely off-topic, but I just saw your signature. Do you know how many hours of sleep lost because of your fanfiction?. I´m a huge MM fan.....but my nickname includes "Carter" for a reason, and there is a tiny step between Carter and Magnus.

Comment

Hi. How about those exams? Happy ending?
                    Ongoing experience

Comment

Keep going....it will be over soon and you´ll be free for some time and wiser, I guess.

Enjoy these videos..MM and EJO last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUcHxyTU014

Comment

Hi. This is absolutely off-topic, but I just saw your signature. Do you know how many hours of sleep lost because of your fanfiction?. I´m a huge MM fan.....but my nickname includes "Carter" for a reason, and there is a tiny step between Carter and Magnus.

thanks, I love writing fanfiction especially if it is Shipper reasons... well as you know all my fanfiction is Shipper based.
                        sigpic

Comment

Picture!

sigpic

Comment

She looks so wonderful in that pic!!

Here is some happier Roslin and Adama fanfiction that I wrote.

Spoiler:
                            Bill was a hero of New Caprica; he rescued humanity. But he needed to see her, to see Laura. She was on Colonial One and he wanted to be there. The celebrating had died down and the hanger deck was dead, only knuckle draggers were on duty. Bill took the closest Raptor and set a course for the President's ship. She had yet to be sworn in again, but he knew she would be with in the week. He docked and made hi way to the office to where she would be. Bill had offered her a billet for the time being while the transition could be made but Laura had refused and a small part of him wished that she hadn't. The Admiral almost offered her his quarters just so he could be near her.

The Presidents office was deserted except for the one lone red head curled up in one of the big comfy chairs looking out at the stars. From where he stood he could see that Laura was dressed in blue pants, a black long sleeved shirt with a thread bare white sweater over top of it. "I know you're there Bill." Her voice was a melody to his ears. She was really there, truly there. Bill slowly walked over to stand in front of her. There she was right there in front of him. Reaching out Bill took her hands in his and pulled her to her feet and into his arms. For anything else Bill just had to feel her real and alive in his arms. More than anything he needed the reassurance that this wasn't a dream.

"Bill, hey…" Laura pulled out of his arms and put some distance between them as much as she hated to. She wanted to be held by him, to be folded into his arms and just be with him. Her body actually shook without him against her, but she beat it back and turned to smile at him, her Admiral, her Adama.

"I, just…" Bill cleared his throat and tried to still his quaking heart. Not having her body against his made him shake. He wanted her back in his arms, back where she belonged, "I needed to see you, to make sure that you were ok."

"I'm fine," Laura put her hands behind her back to keep him from seeing that they were shaking with need to touch him, to hold him, just to be with him.

Bill looked around and made sure that they were alone. He was debating whether to tell her what was running through his mind. He wanted to tell her that all he wanted to do was reach out and pull her back into his arms. He wanted to tell her that all he wanted to do was touch her and feel her heart beat. "I just want to hold you, to know that you're really alive." Bill held out his hands to show her that they were shacking, "My hands shake with the need to touch you." This was the most that Bill had ever spoken about his needs.

Laura held out her hands to show that they shook as well, "Mine do to." She uttered a half laugh and half sigh. He understood her need, and he wanted to touch her as much as she wanted to touch him. The sparks that were between them scared her on the best of days. She had never been so drawn to a man, to him. Bill Adama was a man above men. There was something to him that called to her, which made her think of more, of wanting more. She wanted someone to hold her in the night, to whisper pretty lies of better days in her ear, and more than anything she just wanted.

"Come back with me, come back to Galactica." Bill stepped towards her, "Stay with me tonight, let me hold you."

Laura took a step closer to him, took that one singular step towards the comfort of his arms, "Just for tonight." She sighed in relief as his arms once more encircled her.

ADMIRAL'S QUARTERS:

Laura felt safe in Bill's arms as they tried to sleep in his bunk. She had been in his bed before, but never with him, until now. It felt so good to be in his arms, like that night on New Caprica, only this was safer, more familiar than the planet had been. Laura could fall into sleep and be secure in the knowledge that she would be safe when she woke up. His hand rubbed up and down her spine. Normally that would have made her shiver, this time it only served to comfort her. She was wearing one of this black t-shirts and a pair of his sweat pants so she wouldn't have to sleep in the dirty clothes that she had on New Caprica.

Bill felt more himself than he had in the four months, or even the year they had spent in this haven, now dubbed hell by everyone else. Laura was back with him, back in his arms, and with in his reach. She would be his President again, of that he had no doubt. But for now she was just Laura, just a woman who consumed his thoughts and terrorized his dreams. She was here with him, lying in his bed, and in his arms. He couldn't stop thinking, 'She is really here, really with me.' Bill laid a gentle kiss to the top of her head and smiled when she shifted closer. His heart was overfilled with joy, so much so that he thought it would explode. Bill had a moment to wonder why he felt his way, why he was so happy. That was simple; Laura was safe and in his arms, that was why he was so happy.

"I have the ache to be with you, this soul deep ache to have you touch me," Laura whispered. It was true, she ached, she wanted, and she needed. Laura needed Bill. She needed him by her side and in her arms.

"It's the same ache I feel for you," Bill responded. He shifted so that he was on his side so he could look at her, look into the smoky grey eyes that he loved so much. She brought her hand up and ran it down the side of his face making him smile.

"As much as I want, ache, to touch you, I am so tired." Laura laughed her last few words as signs of exhaustion began to seep into her eyes. She draped her arm over his waist and tucked her other arm under her head for more of a cushion. More warmth wrapped around her as his body shifted closer, one of his arms draped over waist, and the rest of the blanket covered them. Laura felt relaxed and allowed dreams to invade her blank mind. Sweet lullabies whispered words of love and safety to her as the warmth and scent of Bill Adama surrounded her. Tomorrow would be soon enough to tackle the fleet. Tonight was for her and Bill; just like it had been on New Caprica, only this time they were both on a ship they love, this was their home. Laura had yet to even admit that to herself, had yet to admit that Galactica was her home. Only in the deep realms of sleep could she even entertain that thought.
                            sigpic

Comment

aww I love it !!!!!!

ohh Mary McDonnell I love You ohh sorry, I just had to say this
                              my LiveJournal
                              sigpic
                              awesome banner made by xscylon

Comment

Gotta Love Mary McAwesome!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X