No announcement yet.

The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore my Roslin :heart: Adama shirt and this lovely girl stopped me at the Wally World to compliment it and we had the loveliest conversation about BSG. I have no idea people in Louisiana even watched SciFi let alone BSG.

RoslinGirl- back when I had television I used to watch House, but now I only watch BSG online. However, Hugh Laurie=Sex God

Comment

Originally posted by Garbo View Post
      Hugh Laurie=Sex God
      So say we all

BSG and House are currently my favorite shows

I just bought Sneakers in dvd, it's really a nice, funny movie, watch it if you can! And Mary is great, as usual

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy4ever View Post
        So say we all

I just bought Sneakers in dvd, it's really a nice, funny movie, watch it if you can! And Mary is great, as usual
        Mmm, Robert Redford= another god of sex

They have copies of that on amazon for pretty cheap! Is it worth getting the Collector's Edition DVD or could I opt out and just get a VHS copy?

Comment

Originally posted by RoslinGirl View Post
          just a reminder: http://www.syfyportal.com/news425038.html click this!

Thanks guys for the nice welcome! It's so good to be here.
          oh, gods, I cannot wait 2 weeks!!! It really is an addiction! Like House! House cannot live without Vicodin, I cannot live without BSG! *any House fans around??? *
          When does House air his week again?

I wore my Roslin :heart: Adama shirt and this lovely girl stopped me at the Wally World to compliment it and we had the loveliest conversation about BSG. I have no idea people in Louisiana even watched SciFi let alone BSG.

RoslinGirl- back when I had television I used to watch House, but now I only watch BSG online. However, Hugh Laurie=Sex God
          Aww, hehe, this kind of T-Shirt really helps to get attention

So say we all

I love Sneakers! I'm loving it since the first time I had seen it years and years ago

Mmm, Robert Redford= another god of sex

They have copies of that on amazon for pretty cheap! Is it worth getting the Collector's Edition DVD or could I opt out and just get a VHS copy?
          VHS?! Sorry.
          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Next new House episode is tonight in the US

I didn't know there was a collector's edition dvd for Sneakers, I bought my dvd 5 pounds in Zavvi (UK), you can check their website (I mean 5 pounds that's not much, and you'll have a much better quality than a VHS... if you live in the UK of course )

Comment

Next new House episode is tonight in the US

I didn't know there was a collector's edition dvd for Sneakers, I bought my dvd 5 pounds in Zavvi (UK), you can check their website (I mean 5 pounds that's not much, and you'll have a much better quality than a VHS... if you live in the UK of course )
              Ah ok, thanks, I thought it was on on tuesdays...

Comment

i don't love the character, actually lately i've grown to hate her.

she's intolerant, short tempered, close minded, rather draconian in her approach and lately i've begun to think Roslin is truly coming unhinged.

I did post here to appreciate the actress.

I am amazed at her work and the writing.

I cannot think of another example of a character i started out liking and grew to loathe as i do Roslin.

Mary McDonnell has done an awesome job of taking a character i was cheering for and rooting on when they spaced Leoban and turning her into someone even more deserving of being shoved out an air lock.

truly riveting work, the only character close in any series is Lando in B5 but i always kinda felts sorry for him, i couldn't hate him like i've come to hate Roslin.

the only thing i can really compare it to is how much i used to love to hate bill cowher when he coached the steelers.
                Last edited by Morbius; 19 May 2008, 02:50 PM.
                That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post

VHS?! Sorry.
                  Yeah, I still have a VHS player... and a record player. I'm so old sometimes.

Watched Dances with Wolves... yet again! <3 that movie SO much and <3 Mary in it. I might have to change my signature theme to DWW, but I like having my Milton up so... *debates about it*

Comment

Yeah, I still have a VHS player... and a record player. I'm so old sometimes.

Watched Dances with Wolves... yet again! <3 that movie SO much and <3 Mary in it. I might have to change my signature theme to DWW, but I like having my Milton up so... *debates about it*
                    We do have one too But we don't buy any new VHS anymore - mostly because you hardly get any here anymore.

I can't help you with that ^^

Comment

We do have one too But we don't buy any new VHS anymore - mostly because you hardly get any here anymore.

I can't help you with that ^^
                      I wouldn't know a store where you still can buy VHS

On another note: House is <3! It's hard to imagine there are people out there who don't like the show...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
                        I wouldn't know a store where you still can buy VHS

On another note: House is <3! It's hard to imagine there are people out there who don't like the show...
                        On top of my head? Me neither! LOL

Ich fühl mich irgendwie angesprochen. weird.

Comment

On top of my head? Me neither! LOL

Ich fühl mich irgendwie angesprochen. weird.
                          What, you don't like the show? Go away! It's bad enough you don't like Bones and Supernatural (and iirc you didn't watch Sex and the City either)... Strange person you are!
                          sigpic

Comment

hehe, my teacher in Vancouver brought a Gattaca VHS to class... I was like "nobody has a VHS these days!" and he's like "Am I nobody?" hahaha....yeaaahhhh...and then de VHS had seeeeeveral problems, like every time you stopped it, the picture started to roll strangely....then he didn't say anything anymore
                            if it's not actual FILM material, I rather stick with discs

by the way, why exactly don't we get an episode this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
                              What, you don't like the show? Go away! It's bad enough you don't like Bones and Supernatural (and iirc you didn't watch Sex and the City either)... Strange person you are!
                              I like it, shut up, I'm just not all OMG-bouncy-where-are-my-shoes over it
                              And Darling, we didn't know each other when Sex and the city was still a topic, I just want to make clear that I watched that show from the beginning (aka before it was cool to watch it ). btw, you can't remember correctly cos that topic never came up between us before

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
                              hehe, my teacher in Vancouver brought a Gattaca VHS to class... I was like "nobody has a VHS these days!" and he's like "Am I nobody?" hahaha....yeaaahhhh...and then de VHS had seeeeeveral problems, like every time you stopped it, the picture started to roll strangely....then he didn't say anything anymore
                              if it's not actual FILM material, I rather stick with discs

by the way, why exactly don't we get an episode this week?
                              Because of an holiday, I think it's Memorial Day...but I could be wrong, better wait for the resident Americans to answer that properly

Comment

I like it, shut up, I'm just not all OMG-bouncy-where-are-my-shoes over it
                                And Darling, we didn't know each other when Sex and the city was still a topic, I just want to make clear that I watched that show from the beginning (aka before it was cool to watch it ). btw, you can't remember correctly cos that topic never came up between us before

Because of an holiday, I think it's Memorial Day...but I could be wrong, better wait for the resident Americans to answer that properly
                                And did you say you never watched the show when BG posted the link to the trailer weeks back?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X