The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
    i spent a good hour and a bit this morning arguing with my brother about roslin.

he's watching season 2, and he says he hates her! (gah!!)

...i wish i'd never introduced him to bsg when he says stuff like that.

still, he's just on LDYB now, and i think he's come round a bit... i'll work on him.
    How old is your bro? I ask because I have this same argument with my assistant who is 18. He hates her too, and delights in telling me on a daily basis because he knows how much I adore her. He came in one day and said his new favorite movie is Independence Day because of what happens to her in that. He thinks she is evil and I cannot convince him otherwise. So I chalked it up to his age.

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

Originally posted by Nova65
      Wow, she really looks great! I always think she seems heavier on BSG, but then I think it is that ugly green suit she was wearing during the kiss that makes her look bigger.

Thanks for the screen caps....you are sooooooo awesome!.....so you don't think it is worth me buying it, or you do? I have the theatrical version of Dances With Wolves, but just based on comments made recently, I am buying the Extended Version for more scenes with MMD.
      Ha! Well, she probably is a little heavier now than she was in Mumford. I think that film's like 10 years old. She's entitled to a little extra. That's okay, I still hope I can look half as good as she does when I'm her age.

And I do not understand how anyone can think she's evil and likes a movie because she dies! That's just, that's just...mean! *lip wibbles* Let us hope he'll get some karma going on, falls desperately in love with her and is denied because teh pretty Mr Mary already has Teh Pretty Herself. Mwahaha!

Okay, sorry. I'm feeling a little weird. I just ate some Chinese food, something that was supposed to be beef, but I'm fairly certain it was goat. Yak.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

How old is your bro? I ask because I have this same argument with my assistant who is 18. He hates her too, and delights in telling me on a daily basis because he knows how much I adore her. He came in one day and said his new favorite movie is Independence Day because of what happens to her in that. He thinks she is evil and I cannot convince him otherwise. So I chalked it up to his age.
        18 too... lol!
        something about 18 yr old lads then.... strange.

he's just watched the bit with the election fixing and he says he despises her, and hooray for adama for talking her out of it.... he doesn't get it.

besides, it wasn't her that fixed it, she was just turning the other cheek.

he also doesn't like her smile... thats great acting on MM's part- roslin has a politician's smile (like george bush or tony blair... fake fake fake)= except when she has her guard down, usually with either adama, or billy.

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
          18 too... lol!
          something about 18 yr old lads then.... strange.

he's just watched the bit with the election fixing and he says he despises her, and hooray for adama for talking her out of it.... he doesn't get it.

besides, it wasn't her that fixed it, she was just turning the other cheek.

he also doesn't like her smile... thats great acting on MM's part- roslin has a politician's smile (like george bush or tony blair... fake fake fake)= except when she has her guard down, usually with either adama, or billy.
          Yeah, she's got the creepy politician smile down pat. It just makes her Laura smile so much better because when she does the Laura smile, you just know how genuine it is. Kind of like Bill's smile when he really smiles. It's special because it happens so rarely. Squee.

Comment

Oh, I cannot understand how anyone can despise her, because of all the reasons we love her so much. But my 18 year old assistant hated her the moment she "stole the presidency" meaning, took office in the Mini. He has all kinds of reasons starting with the mini, moving through the "drug addiction" and then the "dividing the fleet" followed by the Baby and Election stealing. AND he thinks Adama is a wussy with a "p". I think everything she has done is justified a bazillion times over, but no convincing the lad. He says he hates BSG, and yet, he has seen every episode. ha.

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

Comment

Oh, I cannot understand how anyone can despise her, because of all the reasons we love her so much. But my 18 year old assistant hated her the moment she "stole the presidency" meaning, took office in the Mini. He has all kinds of reasons starting with the mini, moving through the "drug addiction" and then the "dividing the fleet" followed by the Baby and Election stealing. AND he thinks Adama is a wussy with a "p". I think everything she has done is justified a bazillion times over, but no convincing the lad. He says he hates BSG, and yet, he has seen every episode. ha.
              *gasp!* he hates Mary AND he thinks Adama's a...wuss? Dude, tie him down and sterilize him before he can pass on his genes! Well, I suppose he might be forgiven for calling Bill a wuss since Bill called himself a wuss in that extra scene. Bwahaha!

But not liking Mary...that's unacceptable! Unacceptable, I tell you!! *threatens menacingly with pitchfork and torch*

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe
                *gasp!* he hates Mary AND he thinks Adama's a...wuss? Dude, tie him down and sterilize him before he can pass on his genes! Well, I suppose he might be forgiven for calling Bill a wuss since Bill called himself a wuss in that extra scene. Bwahaha!

But not liking Mary...that's unacceptable! Unacceptable, I tell you!! *threatens menacingly with pitchfork and torch*

I agree. I will tell him what you said!!! It upsets me so much, which is why I think he does it. The other day he came in and said he'd seen her on ER as Carter's Mother and she played an evil woman on that show, too. GAAAA. I remember her being a sympathetic character on ER, but maybe I loved Mary before BSG and just didn't know it!!!!

Comment

lol.

bruce loves galactica- i've seriuosly got him hooked!- he's watched ALL of season 2 in the last 2 days....he's just finished now and is looking for spoilers.... lol! bless him

he does like bill... for the most part.

i can't understand how anyone can hate her!- she's great- i'd love to have a president (or prime minister as the case may be ) like her!

he did say she looks a lot happier in one of her last scenes in LDYB- while she's teaching, and i think he's finally coming around to the idea that she's not a power-hungry dictator/ religous fanatic crazy person....and she certainly didn't ask for the presidency!

Comment

I agree. I will tell him what you said!!! It upsets me so much, which is why I think he does it. The other day he came in and said he'd seen her on ER as Carter's Mother and she played an evil woman on that show, too. GAAAA. I remember her being a sympathetic character on ER, but maybe I loved Mary before BSG and just didn't know it!!!!
                    You know, I used to watch ER religiously, but I went through a few phases where I didn't. I think she was on during the time I wasn't watching because I never saw her! *headdesk* The couple eps I saw with Carter's mom, it most definitely was not Mary.

EDIT:

dangit! Are all the seasons of ER even on DVD? I looked her up and it seems she was in season 8 but cant...find...DVDs! Grrrrr....
                    Last edited by sidhe; 25 July 2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

You know, I used to watch ER religiously, but I went through a few phases where I didn't. I think she was on during the time I wasn't watching because I never saw her! *headdesk* The couple eps I saw with Carter's mom, it most definitely was not Mary.

EDIT:

dangit! Are all the seasons of ER even on DVD? I looked her up and it seems she was in season 8 but cant...find...DVDs! Grrrrr....

I don't know, but it should be on DVD by now....and I even think she was nominated for an Emmy for that role...not sure, though, but it seems like I read that somewhere. She is such an incredible actress.

Comment

EDIT:

She was in 5 episodes in the middle of 8th season ^.^
                        I've no idea if they're already out, the last time I saw a commercial for it they talked about 2nd season or so here *doesn't watch a lot of tv while at university*
                        Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Wow, she really looks great! I always think she seems heavier on BSG, but then I think it is that ugly green suit she was wearing during the kiss that makes her look bigger.

Thanks for the screen caps....you are sooooooo awesome!.....so you don't think it is worth me buying it, or you do? I have the theatrical version of Dances With Wolves, but just based on comments made recently, I am buying the Extended Version for more scenes with MMD.
                          she looks very different in LDYB than she looked in Resurrection ship, imo but anyway she looks gorgeous!!!

well, I like that movie. I don't know if I'd buy it only for Mary, though ^-^ but I'm an obsessed fangirl, I'd probably do nevertheless

Two more pics from Mumford

Edit: *counts* I think she has 2 session scenes, one at her house and one in the drug store so far though I've still have to watch about half an hour ^^

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                            She was in 5 episodes in the middle of 8th season ^.^
                            I've no idea if they're already out, the last time I saw a commercial for it they talked about 2nd season or so here *doesn't watch a lot of tv while at university*

I looked on Amazon and the 5th season just came out this month, so we are a ways away from season 8. Why does it take so long?? Gaaaa!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                              she looks very different in LDYB than she looked in Resurrection ship, imo but anyway she looks gorgeous!!!

well, I like that movie. I don't know if I'd buy it only for Mary, though ^-^ but I'm an obsessed fangirl, I'd probably do nevertheless

Two more pics from Mumford

Edit: *counts* I think she has 2 session scenes, one at her house and one in the drug store so far though I've still have to watch about half an hour ^^
                              I agree, in RS she was all sickly and in pain, but LDYB, she was healthy and she did seem happy.......I hope that is because something A/R shippy happened during the year in baltars hair...

These are nice pics. Hey, I bought Donnie Darko just bcuz of Mary....and Independence Day, and Sneakers......I'll just buy one Mary movie a month and get all of them. I'm ain't denying I'm a fangirl, I just don't know what that term means, exactly.

Comment

I agree, in RS she was all sickly and in pain, but LDYB, she was healthy and she did seem happy.......I hope that is because something A/R shippy happened during the year in baltars hair...

These are nice pics. Hey, I bought Donnie Darko just bcuz of Mary....and Independence Day, and Sneakers......I'll just buy one Mary movie a month and get all of them. I'm ain't denying I'm a fangirl, I just don't know what that term means, exactly.
                                *giggles* so say we all from the A/R thread

Same goes for me with Donnie Darko (for any Germans out there it'll be on VOX around this or next week btw XD), I didn't need to buy Independence Day they're airing it here pretty regularly . I've sneakers but hadn't watched it yet O.o
                                one Mary movie a month that's cool *hands over pencil* *grins*
                                well, you're a girl (at least I presume it) and your a fan and doing stuff like buying movies your favorite actress is in only in a handful scenes, talking about her in forums with other fans, squeeing over her appearnces in other shows and just being a good little fangirl XD I've no idea where this term comes from but it's pretty appropiate

Comment

Working...
                                X