The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
    Ah, yes. I think maybe I erased that small detail from my mind. That part was indeed a little uncomfortable... I don't really know why. If it were someone else maybe, especially someone I'd never seen before or something, I might not have minded so much... I don't know, really.

Absolutely. I love, love, love that quote as well. That scene really was fantastic. Oh man... I just loved the whole thing. And YES! The guy that plays her brother...oh gods... I said the same thing when I first watched it. Billy found his name on IMDB, but I can't remember right know... That guy was seriously hot...

Oh, what did you think of the accent? I think that's what I really can't get used to... the rest I'm totally fine with... I don't know that many people from Swedan or anything, but that accent sounded to me more like a mixture of Irish English with something I can't quite put my finger on, like the sort of accent people always have for cartoon vampires, you know "vat am I going to do vitout you?"... It's just funny.

I always get my own ideas of how everything should be when I read a book... and then movies can be disappointing. But I'd still rather read a book before watching the movie... If I see the movie first, then I sometimes can't get through the book, since I know the ending and all that... I prefer books to movies, so I'd rather have the experience of watching a movie ruined by already having read the book, than the other way around, you know... I can't explain it. It's just a fact... part of my life... Need to read the book first.
    I don't know anyone from Sweden, so the accent was all right to me. I don't know. It was a little funny to hear Mary talking in a foreign accent but I got used to it.

That makes sense with the book thing. I prefer books to movies as well. Sometimes, though, the books have different endings than the movie, like Dances With Wolves. The end of the book was way different than the movie. The Judge was different, as well. So that part doesn't bother me, even if the endings ARE the same. But I will have to think about that next time--I'd rather have a movie ruined than a book anyday. Good point!

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Neil Maffin
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
        Neil Maffin
        Thanks! *scampers off to IMDB him* He didn't look like he could have been Mary's little bro, but none of them really did look related. Except maybe her older bros, but that might have been the mustaches and creepy hairdos.

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
          Thanks! *scampers off to IMDB him* He didn't look like he could have been Mary's little bro, but none of them really did look related. Except maybe her older bros, but that might have been the mustaches and creepy hairdos.

2nd page that's a big no no. *scampers off to bed*

Comment

*huggles copy of Crazy Like a Fox*

Guess What I Got in the mail today!?! *happy dances*

I haven't watched it yet though, am goingto in about an hour *am at work*

I slipped by my house about an hour ago to see if I had any mail and WooT!!!
            What a pleasant Surprise!!!!!!

I'll let everyone know what I thought tommorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1 View Post

YOU ALREADY GOT YOURS!!!!! *wow* *Dies* yes....TELL US EVERYTHING about it I guess it needs a little longer to Europe

Comment

LUCKY!! Mine should be in the mail in a day or two, then, since I ordered mine I think the day after you posted that you did. Let us know what you think!!

Comment

OMG!!!! YOU DID?!??!?! Wow... I'm so excited! One would think I was the one that got it... I'm dying to hear your impressions of it.
                  Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Oh my gods I'm so jealous. I may make my friend order it for me for christmas. Or my mom I can't decide. Oh will later today. Yeah I'm rambling it happens.

Comment

*waves and hugs*

Okay, so I saw Crazy Like a Fox last night...let me just say..WooT!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      She was SOOO great in it!! Played the part of his wife so well, and as usual pulled off some comedy FABULOUSLY!! I think DWW is still my fav, but this one is my second fav MM movie!
                      She did romance, drama, comedy! All of it!
                      What made it so great for me too is that it took place and was filmed here in Virginia, where I live, the scenerey is BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

*waves and hugs*

Okay, so I saw Crazy Like a Fox last night...let me just say..WooT!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        She was SOOO great in it!! Played the part of his wife so well, and as usual pulled off some comedy FABULOUSLY!! I think DWW is still my fav, but this one is my second fav MM movie!
                        She did romance, drama, comedy! All of it!
                        What made it so great for me too is that it took place and was filmed here in Virginia, where I live, the scenerey is BEAUTIFUL!

Ok, if I hadn't want to see it before now I do *is excited*
                        I knew there was a reason I should have credit card *sigh*

Comment

Ok, I feel slightly dumb, Ben Kingsley and Annett Benning were both in Mrs. Harris? Wow, I could have had remembered that. Mary, you're distracting me....

wohoo, the Lives of others (Das Leben der anderen) is nominated for a golden globe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                            Ok, I feel slightly dumb, Ben Kingsley and Annett Benning were both in Mrs. Harris? Wow, I could have had remembered that. Mary, you're distracting me....

wohoo, the Lives of others (Das Leben der anderen) is nominated for a golden globe!!!!
                            I never saw Mrs. Harris. Did Mary have a very big role in that one?

Comment

Nope... her role is tiny. *snif* And the hair... well, that's big! *headdesk* But I really liked the movie. A lot.
                              Last edited by _angi_; 14 December 2006, 07:09 PM.
                              Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

As angi said, no, not really. You should take a look at her unofficial homepage, though...

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
                                Nope... her role is tiny. *snif* And the hair... well, that's big! *headdesk* But I really liked the movie. A lot.
                                *chuckles* oh yes, that was really BIG *lol* Really cracks me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X