Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k8tbug1 View Post
    You go girl, you are a true fangirl!! *huggles*

I love theater too!!! I've already seen two of my fav actressess on stage *Julie Andrews and Kate Mulgrew*
    What I wouldn't GIVE to see Mary on stage too!!! *sighs*
    I think I must seriously hate you now...for like REAL!!!! You saw JUlie on stage???? When? How? Where? What? Pictures? Details? Somebody get me breathing treatment?!?! Julie!!!!!!!!!

The top woman on my MUST SEE and MEET!!!!-list

(and Mary coming in second...but you haven't seen her, so I can't blame you for that )

But Kate Mulgrew? aaaawwww....

Damn...why do I live in this hello!hole of nothing? And when it will be FedCon next year...who will come? No-frakking-body!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
      *cries too* but your continent is nearer than mine...
      Well... one good thing, at least. I'm hoping my parents will move to Cuba, then I may have more of an excuse to go to the US.
      Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by datsue View Post
        I think I must seriously hate you now...for like REAL!!!! You saw JUlie on stage???? When? How? Where? What? Pictures? Details? Somebody get me breathing treatment?!?! Julie!!!!!!!!!

The top woman on my MUST SEE and MEET!!!!-list

(and Mary coming in second...but you haven't seen her, so I can't blame you for that )

But Kate Mulgrew? aaaawwww....

Damn...why do I live in this hello!hole of nothing? And when it will be FedCon next year...who will come? No-frakking-body!!!!!!
        I've waited for your reaction to Julie *grins*

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
        Well... one good thing, at least. I'm hoping my parents will move to Cuba, then I may have more of an excuse to go to the US.
        oh, well, my father's only going to Russia, doesn't help the little fangirl here at all *sigh*
        Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

I've waited for your reaction to Julie *grins*
          I knew you would....I seem to be an open book where fangirling is concerned... But it is sooo bloody unfair (all I ever saw was Stefanie Powers...not that I minded that ) still....why not we?

And why can't we get Mary for FedCon? Eddie too? Not that I am greedy or anything...

Comment

I knew you would....I seem to be an open book where fangirling is concerned... But it is sooo bloody unfair (all I ever saw was Stefanie Powers...not that I minded that ) still....why not we?

And why can't we get Mary for FedCon? Eddie too? Not that I am greedy or anything...
            Yeah, why can't they come to Germany??? We'd be so so so happy to have them here. (Though I could manage UK or France probably...)

Comment

Don't want to sound dumb but what is fedcon?

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
                Don't want to sound dumb but what is fedcon?
                It's a convention in Germany (as far as I remember from my trek-days XD)

Comment

It's a convention in Germany (as far as I remember from my trek-days XD)
                  Cool. One of my goals for next year is to either go to a convention or write a fan letter to Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
                    Cool. One of my goals for next year is to either go to a convention or write a fan letter to Mary.
                    Aaah...but conventions are fun....even if the FedCon is so desperately huge...but it should be fun...if anybody interesting comes (apart from the Trek-Continuum...there'd be only MM or EJO...though I guess, I wouldn't mind AD or MH) - i'll be there...t'will be my birthday weekend and it would be paaaaaaaaaaatay!!!!

Comment

Yeah, why can't they come to Germany??? We'd be so so so happy to have them here. (Though I could manage UK or France probably...)

WEll as long as it would be here in Europe I'd totaly go... I mean I even went to London for Torri... and she didn't come *snnniiiifffflllleeeesss* I still didn't get over it I guess!!!

*yay* sidhe, I'm happy you finally watche the whole O Pioneers... and I'm happy you weren't disappointed

I started to watch "Passion Fish" with my dad today, and he totaly liked Mary in it *does happy dance*...and after "The passage" he was like "The only persons who aren't getting on my nerves yet are the president and the admiral still not a shipper...but I'm working on it

Comment

Aaah...but conventions are fun....even if the FedCon is so desperately huge...but it should be fun...if anybody interesting comes (apart from the Trek-Continuum...there'd be only MM or EJO...though I guess, I wouldn't mind AD or MH) - i'll be there...t'will be my birthday weekend and it would be paaaaaaaaaaatay!!!!
                        that should be fun. I turn 21 in a month and that is going to be crazy

Comment

LMAO...WoW!!! *huggles all my other fangirls*

First off, I saw the wonderful Kate Mulgrew live on stage in Tea at Five in NY April 15th, 2003. Tea at Five is a one woman play she is doing about Katharine Hepburn *another fav actress of mine!!* Let me just say she did a SPECTACULAR JOB!!!
                          We waited at teh back stage door for her to come out and I actually SHOOK HER HAND *is still in awe..and yes it took me a while to wash it * and got her to autograph my playbill!!!

I saw my FIRST EVER FAV ACTRESS!! *who I have seen every movie she made, grins proudly* Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria also in NY. It was a Christmas gift to me from my Aunt, Mom, and Grandma. I saw her on Feb 8, 1997. Didn't get to meet her personally like w/ Kate, but to see her perform live, is an experience I will NEVER forget!!

I just hope I will one day get to see Mary, my other fav actress! She's next next on my list and to see her perform, or just meet her would be AWSOME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
                            OMG Sidhe!!! Finally!!! I'm so, so glad you liked it!!! I actually watched it again a few nights ago. I love it so much. I love the whole thing. Even the weird stuff. I love weird stuff. And I always lmao with it. It's hilarious. Though sad as well, of course. But the funny parts are just too funny. I think now Alexandra is one of my favorite characters ever. I really need to read the book. Though I can never watch a filme first and then read the book... it has to be the other way around. And I don't know why, but from the first time I saw it that "the right thing is usually just what everybody won't do" quote stuck to me... I love that so much.

K8t, you saw Julie Andrews live?!?!?!! *whimpers* I love her!!!! You know... it's just not fair... I would do anything to see Mary on stage as well... I'm not even in the same country. *grrrr*
                            I love weird stuff, too. But by "weird" I meant "uncomfortable." I'm perfectly comfy with all manner of consenting adult sexual creativity, but for some reason, it was a little teeny weeny uncomfortable for me to watch Mary almost!masturbate on stage. It kinda made me blush a bit... But anyway, the play was awesome and I hope she does it again sometime when I might be able to see her actually on stage.

That was a good quote, I agree. The one that really struck me, though, was, "I'm so tired of having a body!!" That whole scene was just so sad and wonderfully played.

I want to read the book, too. I've read other stuff by Willa Cather and enjoyed it, but never O Pioneers. And I'm exactly opposite. I'd rather see the movie first and then read the book. I'm like that because if I read it first, I get my own idea of how characters should look, sound, act, etc and when I see the movie and they aren't like what's in my head, I'm disappointed. But there are some things that don't matter, like Lord of the Rings. I don't think they could have done a better job casting that film, so I wasn't disappointed even though I'd read them many times before and had my own image of the characters in my head. I have to admit that now, the pics in my head are Viggo, Elijah, Ian and co. And when I read O Pioneers, it will be Mary who I see when reading Alexandra. And WHO the FRAK was her little brother?!?! *drool*

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                              I love weird stuff, too. But by "weird" I meant "uncomfortable." I'm perfectly comfy with all manner of consenting adult sexual creativity, but for some reason, it was a little teeny weeny uncomfortable for me to watch Mary almost!masturbate on stage. It kinda made me blush a bit... But anyway, the play was awesome and I hope she does it again sometime when I might be able to see her actually on stage.

That was a good quote, I agree. The one that really struck me, though, was, "I'm so tired of having a body!!" That whole scene was just so sad and wonderfully played.

I want to read the book, too. I've read other stuff by Willa Cather and enjoyed it, but never O Pioneers. And I'm exactly opposite. I'd rather see the movie first and then read the book. I'm like that because if I read it first, I get my own idea of how characters should look, sound, act, etc and when I see the movie and they aren't like what's in my head, I'm disappointed. But there are some things that don't matter, like Lord of the Rings. I don't think they could have done a better job casting that film, so I wasn't disappointed even though I'd read them many times before and had my own image of the characters in my head. I have to admit that now, the pics in my head are Viggo, Elijah, Ian and co. And when I read O Pioneers, it will be Mary who I see when reading Alexandra. And WHO the FRAK was her little brother?!?! *drool*
                              I do agree w/ you that I also was blushing a bit in those sceens.

Oooo and I will have to get this book too, *along w/ the Dances w/ Wolves Sequel which I have YET to get...LMAO*

*headesk*

Me procrastinator......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by capricacitygal
                              that should be fun. I turn 21 in a month and that is going to be crazy
                              oh yay, you turn 21 in a month....WooT!!!
                              PARTYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post

Ah, yes. I think maybe I erased that small detail from my mind. That part was indeed a little uncomfortable... I don't really know why. If it were someone else maybe, especially someone I'd never seen before or something, I might not have minded so much... I don't know, really.

Absolutely. I love, love, love that quote as well. That scene really was fantastic. Oh man... I just loved the whole thing. And YES! The guy that plays her brother...oh gods... I said the same thing when I first watched it. Billy found his name on IMDB, but I can't remember right know... That guy was seriously hot...

Oh, what did you think of the accent? I think that's what I really can't get used to... the rest I'm totally fine with... I don't know that many people from Swedan or anything, but that accent sounded to me more like a mixture of Irish English with something I can't quite put my finger on, like the sort of accent people always have for cartoon vampires, you know "vat am I going to do vitout you?"... It's just funny.

I always get my own ideas of how everything should be when I read a book... and then movies can be disappointing. But I'd still rather read a book before watching the movie... If I see the movie first, then I sometimes can't get through the book, since I know the ending and all that... I prefer books to movies, so I'd rather have the experience of watching a movie ruined by already having read the book, than the other way around, you know... I can't explain it. It's just a fact... part of my life... Need to read the book first.
                                Last edited by _angi_; 10 December 2006, 05:12 PM.
                                Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X