The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k8tbug1 View Post
    Just saw Mary in Grand Canyon!!!! WoW!!!! The more movies I see her in, the more and MORE I appreciate her *as if I didn't appreciate her acting anymore already... *

SUCH and AWSOME MOVIE!!!
    Really?!?!? That's one of the ones I can't get my hands on.
    I rewatched Passion Fish last night... It was ages since I'd last seen it. I think maybe the first movie where I noticed Mary and liked the filme because of her.
    I'm still a bit surprised at how much I liked Donnie Darko... I'm listening to the soundtrack here. Didn't think I would like it that much. It would just be so great if there were more Mary in it... she is hilarious, she always does any funny parts she has so well I love that scene at the beginning, at the dinner table...
    Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
      Really?!?!? That's one of the ones I can't get my hands on.
      I rewatched Passion Fish last night... It was ages since I'd last seen it. I think maybe the first movie where I noticed Mary and liked the filme because of her.
      I'm still a bit surprised at how much I liked Donnie Darko... I'm listening to the soundtrack here. Didn't think I would like it that much. It would just be so great if there were more Mary in it... she is hilarious, she always does any funny parts she has so well I love that scene at the beginning, at the dinner table...
      I'm so in love with Donnie Darko and I really love the quote

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Rose Darko: Our son just called me a *****.
      Edward Darko: You're not a *****. You're *****in', but you're not a *****

So True Mary is *****in'

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
        I'm so in love with Donnie Darko and I really love the quote

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Rose Darko: Our son just called me a *****.
        Edward Darko: You're not a *****. You're *****in', but you're not a *****

So True Mary is *****in'
        I know!!! That was great. And I really think I may have to buy that one. At least it's one I know where to find, unlike most of the others I want.

I really love the argument at the dinner table though. Hah! That whole "go suck a ****" thing has still got me laughing. And Rose's face throughout the whole thing... I love the deleted scene from the hotel. Have you seen that? I know it's at least on the region 1 DVD, not sure about other regions, but region 1 is US, right?

Comment

I know!!! That was great. And I really think I may have to buy that one. At least it's one I know where to find, unlike most of the others I want.

I really love the argument at the dinner table though. Hah! That whole "go suck a ****" thing has still got me laughing. And Rose's face throughout the whole thing... I love the deleted scene from the hotel. Have you seen that? I know it's at least on the region 1 DVD, not sure about other regions, but region 1 is US, right?
          Yeah I've seen that one. I could never understand why Donnie told the younger sister not to go in their room but I know now. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
            Yeah I've seen that one. I could never understand why Donnie told the younger sister not to go in their room but I know now. Ha
            Yeah, well, I think we get the picture now. Though the sister did go in, didn't she?

So sad that our beloved threads are so quiet lately... I think I'll go to bed. At 4AM... thats the earliest I've been to sleep in weeks. Some serious BSG withdrawl here... I'm so frakking excited about THE scenes... Best to go to sleep, I guess... I've already smoked way too much tonight, and if I don't go to bed, I won't stop, I get so excited with my music...
            Last edited by _angi_; 26 November 2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Green with envy I am (¡Me tenéis verde de envidia!) because all of Mary movies you´ve seen.....and I seem to be unable to find.

I´m looking for Nola over the Net and I´m sick to death of checking for Crazy like a fox without finding it.....and no BSG this week. I´m in severe withdrawal and I´ve also become addicted to Prison Break and to another fabulous, tough (younger this time), readhead, portrayed superbly by Sara Wayne Callies....

Ok...now I feel better, I´ve been childlish. Any thoughts about Grand Canyon? I loved this movie and I can libe with that hair.

http://www.nakepedia.com/pics/Mary_McDonnell_1_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
                Green with envy I am (¡Me tenéis verde de envidia!) because all of Mary movies you´ve seen.....and I seem to be unable to find.

I´m looking for Nola over the Net and I´m sick to death of checking for Crazy like a fox without finding it.....and no BSG this week. I´m in severe withdrawal and I´ve also become addicted to Prison Break and to another fabulous, tough (younger this time), readhead, portrayed superbly by Sara Wayne Callies....

Ok...now I feel better, I´ve been childlish. Any thoughts about Grand Canyon? I loved this movie and I can libe with that hair.

http://www.nakepedia.com/pics/Mary_McDonnell_1_1.jpg
                I don't think Crazy Like a Fox is available anywhere. I've looked for that one, too. And of course it's one of the ones I most want to see. *tantrum*

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                  I don't think Crazy Like a Fox is available anywhere. I've looked for that one, too. And of course it's one of the ones I most want to see. *tantrum*
                  WEll mostly it takes some time until films get out on DVD, and if I remember correctly it was on cinemas only in May 2006 so there's still hope Plus it's an independent film, so maybe it will take extra-long them I keep checking the homepage, though I bet they won't ship to Switzerland *grmpf*

@Angi: Did you watch "mumford" already???

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
                    WEll mostly it takes some time until films get out on DVD, and if I remember correctly it was on cinemas only in May 2006 so there's still hope Plus it's an independent film, so maybe it will take extra-long them I keep checking the homepage, though I bet they won't ship to Switzerland *grmpf*

@Angi: Did you watch "mumford" already???
                    Waaaaait... Crazy Like a Fox played in theatres?! OMG! Maybe I missed it! Great... I've never seen a Mary film at the movies, and now... *grumble* Crap.

Dorka, I was waiting to tell you when I saw you on msn. Yes I did watch it!! I really, really liked it!! Again, didn't think I would like the movie that much, like the whole story. Really the kind of thing I like. And Mary... HAH! Her character was really too funny. Thanks

Comment

Waaaaait... Crazy Like a Fox played in theatres?! OMG! Maybe I missed it! Great... I've never seen a Mary film at the movies, and now... *grumble* Crap.

Dorka, I was waiting to tell you when I saw you on msn. Yes I did watch it!! I really, really liked it!! Again, didn't think I would like the movie that much, like the whole story. Really the kind of thing I like. And Mary... HAH! Her character was really too funny. Thanks
                      I don't remember seeing previews in the theatre for Crazy Like A Fox, either. But no surprise there. Phoenix doesn't get a whole lot of indie films. *kicks PHX* BUT look what I found! Crazy Like A Fox trailer!! And there's an address and an email, so let's all bombard them with requests to put this on DVD immediately!!

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                        I don't remember seeing previews in the theatre for Crazy Like A Fox, either. But no surprise there. Phoenix doesn't get a whole lot of indie films. *kicks PHX* BUT look what I found! Crazy Like A Fox trailer!! And there's an address and an email, so let's all bombard them with requests to put this on DVD immediately!!
                        I read over "Mary's Bookshelf", that someone saw it in the theatre, as far as I remember it was in NewYork (she also said something like, they rather should've put Mary's face on the posters cuz she was more playing the main role *yay*

Ohhh... I didn't see that they have an email adress there *headdesk* I might write them too then I TOTALY loved the trailer and everything, looks like a cool film with Mary!!!

Comment

I read over "Mary's Bookshelf", that someone saw it in the theatre, as far as I remember it was in NewYork (she also said something like, they rather should've put Mary's face on the posters cuz she was more playing the main role *yay*

Ohhh... I didn't see that they have an email adress there *headdesk* I might write them too then I TOTALY loved the trailer and everything, looks like a cool film with Mary!!!
                          Tja, I don't know if it really was in the theatre but I saw the trailer (and besides the fact that I frakking want to see it) I figured it was one for cinema. And I think I remember that post, too. They better should be really

mmmh, where's my spell checker don't want to scare them away with my English...
                          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                            Tja, I don't know if it really was in the theatre but I saw the trailer (and besides the fact that I frakking want to see it) I figured it was one for cinema. And I think I remember that post, too. They better should be really

mmmh, where's my spell checker don't want to scare them away with my English...

*lol* we should let beta-read someone Though your english is WAYS better then mine so

I just noticed I've already seen 28 out of 40 of Mary's Film/TV-Show appearances *yay* But I have a feeling that "Crazy like a Fox" could be one of her best works!!!

Made some caps from "Independence Day" the other day:
                            Spoiler:

And this must be the sadest scene on TV EVER!

Comment

*lol* we should let beta-read someone Though your english is WAYS better then mine so

I just noticed I've already seen 28 out of 40 of Mary's Film/TV-Show appearances *yay* But I have a feeling that "Crazy like a Fox" could be one of her best works!!!

Made some caps from "Independence Day" the other day:
                              Spoiler:

And this must be the sadest scene on TV EVER!
                              *grins* beta-reader for letters. isn't that a nice idea? And I wouldn't bet on whose English is better XD

puuh, no idea maybe I should count them, too?

re: Independencs Day pics:

She's frakking lying. Nothing will be alright!!! *cries* The memory of it is sad already...
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                                *grins* beta-reader for letters. isn't that a nice idea? And I wouldn't bet on whose English is better XD

puuh, no idea maybe I should count them, too?

re: Independencs Day pics:

She's frakking lying. Nothing will be alright!!! *cries* The memory of it is sad already...
                                *lo*... ah... I hope I won't forget taping "That's Life" on Sunday Can't wait !!!

It was Bill Pullman who said "The doctor sais that you gonna be alright" ... but that scene makes me cry every time I'm watching it... and I HATE that cut they did, to Crazy-Jeff Goldblum just after the scene *headdesk* besides that I like Roland Emmerich, but that *doubleHeaddesk*

Comment

Working...
                                X